The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 10:50 am
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2204 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
BornRuff wrote: I still can't understand how the starting rotation could have turned out this badly.
time to find a new pitching coach?
Jun 6, 2011
396 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
I drank the cool-aid too, bought the 20 game flex pak, loaded up on September games thinking they would be in a pennant race. Now I have 6 games to drown my sorrow in and who would want to even go now. My kids dont, will be sitting there by myself watching AAA call ups, drinking $15.00 beer and getting stuck on the DVP. Forget it, just came to my senses.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4099 posts
414 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
wineluvr wrote: I drank the cool-aid too, bought the 20 game flex pak, loaded up on September games thinking they would be in a pennant race. Now I have 6 games to drown my sorrow in and who would want to even go now. My kids dont, will be sitting there by myself watching AAA call ups, drinking $15.00 beer and getting stuck on the DVP. Forget it, just came to my senses.
That blows. I was watching the AAA lineup a few weeks ago in Buffalo and had $1 popcorn, $1 ice cream, and $7 seats for a double header :P
Sep 5, 2007
147 posts
13 upvotes
Player1 wrote: Stoeten has nothing to do with Rogers ... I have no idea why he never seems to want to criticize the team. On top of that, he makes fun of anyone that does (in a really harsh way). I used to like his Jays opinions ... now, I find myself barely ever reading his blog
Not sure what you're talking about - Stoeten fully admits that this team is ridiculously awful, that the pitching is embarassing and that there are sinkholes are multiple positions. Just because he is not in the "fire AA and Gibby and blow this whole thing up" camp doesn't make him an apologist. He just tries to keep a big picture approach instead of being knee-jerk psychos like most fans are. Either way, I know it's your opinion, but this year especially I thought it was nice having Stoeten's hopeful positivity during moments when 99% of fans were freaking out.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12270 posts
1155 upvotes
Brampton
Wang is back. He will be out at tomorrow nights game.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4973 posts
688 upvotes
162 wrote: They've been a sad team since the all-star break. All the regulars are siiting on the disabled list with a hangnail injury starting their winter vacations early basically giving up on the season. They could care less if they won or lost just picking up a paycheque. The call-ups are worthless I wouldn't pay to see them play and don't blame the fans for staying home. Hope Gibbons and other coaches get fired at the end of the year. i don't think the clubhouse gels at all. AA hope you're working on some trades,(hint, hint) JPA, Izturis, Lind, Cabrera, Johnson, De Rosa, Pillar, Kawasaki,Gose.
I forgot to add Brad Lincoln, some AA ball by the Jays tonight against the Astros, god this team really does suck.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2170 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Redmond and Lincoln are turds. Not really too concerned over them sucking, even against the Astros. With all the backups and AAA scrubs that will be playing the rest of the way, this team is going to a lose A LOT of games.

Hopefully we get to see more of Nolin and maybe Stroman (although hesitant to lose an option year with him) sometime this year. Players that actually have a chance of contributing something positive to the Jays down the line.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2204 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
is it me or every time Oliver is out there he gives a couple of runs?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7230 posts
434 upvotes
York
DuDe1411 wrote: is it me or every time Oliver is out there he gives a couple of runs?
Oh ya big time. Never liked the guy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9681 posts
3031 upvotes
LSZ wrote: Redmond and Lincoln are turds. Not really too concerned over them sucking, even against the Astros. With all the backups and AAA scrubs that will be playing the rest of the way, this team is going to a lose A LOT of games.

Hopefully we get to see more of Nolin and maybe Stroman (although hesitant to lose an option year with him) sometime this year. Players that actually have a chance of contributing something positive to the Jays down the line.
More like the whole organization is.

^Agreed. Totally needs to be blown up. From players to coaches to management.
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
160 upvotes
*****ing Astros?! Really? I'm sure the Bisons could have fared better than that.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12270 posts
1155 upvotes
Brampton
12-4 loss to the astros, wow! Jays are like the titanic now. A sinking ship that had a lot of promise.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Jun 21, 2011
530 posts
36 upvotes
OAKVILLE
yup - let all the kids play, make sure the core players rest and tank like never before

Jays have #9 and #11 pick in a strong(er) draft class - no point in pissing away a top 10 pick by playing strong down the stretch

unfortunately Rajai keeps getting tons of extra play time, Cito-style, to help boost his offseason signability which helps the Jays none as he will likely go elsewhere and I can't see him being traded this month - he will finish the year with 50 SB's and probably a .270 avg, someone will try to pay him like a full timer and AA will have to cost cut, so one of Gose, Pillar or Sierra will get the 4th OF spot one would think - but if Rajai keeps playing everyday while Bau and Rasmus are out, wasting opportunities to showcase/develop the young OF'ers

Jiminez and Stroman and Nolin best be coming up in September at least - eff, let JP DH if you must, wanna see what a good defensive catcher can do and Jays gotta have some idea if Jiminez is anywhere close to MLB ready prior to the offseason
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9681 posts
3031 upvotes
NicCage wrote: yup - let all the kids play, make sure the core players rest and tank like never before

Jays have #9 and #11 pick in a strong(er) draft class - no point in pissing away a top 10 pick by playing strong down the stretch

unfortunately Rajai keeps getting tons of extra play time, Cito-style, to help boost his offseason signability which helps the Jays none as he will likely go elsewhere and I can't see him being traded this month - he will finish the year with 50 SB's and probably a .270 avg, someone will try to pay him like a full timer and AA will have to cost cut, so one of Gose, Pillar or Sierra will get the 4th OF spot one would think - but if Rajai keeps playing everyday while Bau and Rasmus are out, wasting opportunities to showcase/develop the young OF'ers

Jiminez and Stroman and Nolin best be coming up in September at least - eff, let JP DH if you must, wanna see what a good defensive catcher can do and Jays gotta have some idea if Jiminez is anywhere close to MLB ready prior to the offseason
John Buck playing more had nothing to do with Cito. Buck was told that he was going to be the number one catcher by the organization...and what would have JPA accomplished playing more anyway..we all know what he has turned out to be. In terms of drafting, doesn't matter if they pick in the top ten when you have scouts that don't know what they are doing and a GM who can't sign his 1st round drafts.
Really wish someone like a Pat Gillick could come back here.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6680 posts
3096 upvotes
Man, what is going on with this team? We are getting blown out again. Only 4th inning, already down 6-0 against the Astros? Really? Ugh.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2170 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
And what was the point in giving a washed-up player like Wang another start? If you don't want to mess with Nolin's development or use an option year on Stroman, at least just go with Jenkins right from the start. Wins and losses don't really matter anymore but there isn't any point in wasting time on players like Wang.