The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 7:31 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
10134 posts
3233 upvotes
Ottawa
It's kinda ironic to hear Frank Thomas explaining the secrets to his success is *consistency* (from an ad on TV)

Well certainly this is not the kind of *consistency* that we have come to expect from the Big Hurt.
[removed]
Jan 1, 2006
351 posts
T.dot Ontario
almostfreeman wrote: Ramirez has a good season last yr too.
yea thats true (NL ROY wasn't he?)
i was just sayin tho - hes having an even better season this year
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2006
2276 posts
Toronto
this team seriously needs to pick up its offense. McGowan pitched and amazing game and yet he still is up for the loss.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6404 posts
57 upvotes
Man Hill and Johnny Mac are the two most pure baseball players I've seen in a long time. Both give it their all 24/7, hustle all the way and take nothing for granted.

Mac's hustle to get to 2nd on that dropped ball is whats keeping us in this game.
- Private Investigator...
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4430 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
two straight games accardo has blown it i don't blame him though he's not a REAL closer
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6404 posts
57 upvotes
Jays walk too many crappy hitters. Jason almost blew it before with his walk too.

Challenge more hitters, make them beat you, I dont care if they lose, but these walks HAVE to stop.
- Private Investigator...
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4430 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
was kind of demoralizing seeing him give a pinch hit 2 run walk off to a guy who has only 2 homers all year and batting .208
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
10134 posts
3233 upvotes
Ottawa
Vernon Wells continues to struggle, i think it's in his head more than anything else.

He's batting .254 now for the season, it's one of the lowest batting average for V Dub that I have ever seen

We can write-off Thomas when we play interleague. The man can't run/steal bases now obviously and he will probably come in just for Pinch-hit appearances.

Again, I am sorry to harp on these 2 bad boys on a daily basis but I have said it before and will say it again: If the Jays is to make some noise, these 2 guys have to step it up to the plate (pun intended) and carry the team NOW!
[removed]
Jan 1, 2006
351 posts
T.dot Ontario
you can't really blame Accardo for blowing these two games - he's been seeing so much action lately I wouldn't be surprised if he was just really tired.

it seems that everyone is just blasting the Vern and Thomas for not hitting - the same can be said for our batting coach and coaching staff in general.
it also wouldn't hurt to see these guys show a little more emotion - its almost like Vernon doesn't even care when he strikes out or GintoDP.

that being said, i don't think blaming these guys is really going to get us anywhere
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2006
2276 posts
Toronto
for years it seemed that if we just had a better pitching staff we would be a contender. Well now we have one of the best rotations in the AL but the hitting has become one of the worst.

Burnett, McGowan, Marcum all pitched AMAZING games yet we only won todays game....

Lowe pitched great too and it seems as if Wells has just lost his patience at the plate.