The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 8:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7257 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote: We did sign Manuel Beltre as well.
Yanks signed Kluber and taking a chance...seriously this has to be because of the uncertainty of where they are playing... no fat chance our Feds will allow Americans in up here....seriously dumpster diving with these unknowns...heck might as well get Sogard...Yanks signed Brito lol
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7257 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't you know it Joe (Muskrat Grape) Musgrove gets traded to the Padres! Padre's are really pushing to win the NL...

to be frank I really wonder how Shatkins is convincing free agents to come play for us when no decision has been made where we are playing...no way our Federal Government will allow Americans past our border as technically this is not essential and what the NHL did with the all Canada league was smart...

I'm convinced no-one wants to sign OR play in Buffalo / Dunedin and we will be dumpster diving again...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4150 posts
496 upvotes
Georgetown
Ogata wrote: Wouldn't you know it Joe (Muskrat Grape) Musgrove gets traded to the Padres! Padre's are really pushing to win the NL...

to be frank I really wonder how Shatkins is convincing free agents to come play for us when no decision has been made where we are playing...no way our Federal Government will allow Americans past our border as technically this is not essential and what the NHL did with the all Canada league was smart...

I'm convinced no-one wants to sign OR play in Buffalo / Dunedin and we will be dumpster diving again...
On the other side, if it’s a 5 year deal... this season is just a blip. If it’s a one year deal, take the money and suck it up ( as long as you think where you are playing might help your stats).

This Springer situation will hurt if we don’t land him... and now we are getting a big Bauer tease with people calling us possible front runners...

Did this Mets deal just clear salary? If so... our Springer odds may be impacted....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7257 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Tiberius wrote: On the other side, if it’s a 5 year deal... this season is just a blip. If it’s a one year deal, take the money and suck it up ( as long as you think where you are playing might help your stats).

This Springer situation will hurt if we don’t land him... and now we are getting a big Bauer tease with people calling us possible front runners...

Did this Mets deal just clear salary? If so... our Springer odds may be impacted....
We'd have a surplus of outfielders so its almost as if they are trying to find a way to dump Grichuk before they sign someone...hard to believe... I'm sort of glad DJ re-signed with the Yanks as you or someone else mentioned he might turn out like Tulo....
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9207 posts
2991 upvotes
^ yep. Following his workouts closely, I wanna say he's down a good 30-40lbs easy. The guy training him is a beast
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9207 posts
2991 upvotes
Ogata wrote: Yeah lets hope he ain't no Pablo 2.0

In other news... Tyler Chatwood 1 year.. 51-57 with a 4.40 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and 622 strikeouts throughout 846.2 innings pitched and 143 starts.

geez that sure is another Stripling / Robbie Ray type kind of guy...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/01/ ... twood.html
I'm no a fan but his thing is his high spin rate. Still holding out hope for Bauer/Springer
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7257 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: I'm no a fan but his thing is his high spin rate. Still holding out hope for Bauer/Springer
Once they are off the board to the Mets / West Coast then what? I foresee that happening already... Chatwood is good in the bullpen as good as Todd Redmond or Ryan Tepera
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1324 posts
214 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Check out Vladdy Jr Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Been following him since the season ended and looks like he is taking his fitness seriously, and he looks like it. But then again he was fit when he started Spring training last season.

Lets hope this is sign of good things to come from Vladdy this season.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1301 posts
779 upvotes
Kirby Yates is now a Blue Jay!

On a side note, there's no way the Jays are done. Too many prospects, teams willing to dump salary and the jays some money to throw around. Someone will sign or the jays will make a trade and take on salary.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7257 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Kirby Yates is now a Blue Jay!

On a side note, there's no way the Jays are done. Too many prospects, teams willing to dump salary and the jays some money to throw around. Someone will sign or the jays will make a trade and take on salary.
Ya lets hope Yates is not injury prone...we still need another SP...can't imagine Bauer now that he is asking for Cole type money..not really feeling Springer unless someone is willing to take Grichuk
Heat 43-0-0