• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 10:50 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7263 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: Mae has dome explaining to do
For sure she has some explaning how do you trigger happy this..
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8556 posts
2972 upvotes
Mississauga
Ogata wrote: For sure she has some explaning how do you trigger happy this..
Either the source gave her bad info, or she misinterpreted what the source told her. Only one of two potential persons to blame there. Can't even speculate which one it could be.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8538 posts
2315 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote: Either the source gave her bad info, or she misinterpreted what the source told her. Only one of two potential persons to blame there. Can't even speculate which one it could be.
It's her fault 100%. Unless you here its a done deal dont announce anything till 100%.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9218 posts
2993 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: It's her fault 100%. Unless you here its a done deal dont announce anything till 100%.
To be fair we don't really know. Brandon Kuhn broke the Springer signing, he got it before all the insiders. He obviously has a connection with someone inside the Jays organization that was involved in the Springer negotiations. So you just never know, could be Mae could be the source - one of them got it wrong.
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8538 posts
2315 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote: To be fair we don't really know. Brandon Kuhn broke the Springer signing, he got it before all the insiders. He obviously has a connection with someone inside the Jays organization that was involved in the Springer negotiations. So you just never know, could be Mae could be the source - one of them got it wrong.
Your more diplomatic than I am. How many free agent signings that have been announced in the past that didn't happen? You don't make an announcement until your 100% right.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9218 posts
2993 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Your more diplomatic than I am. How many free agent signings that have been announced in the past that didn't happen? You don't make an announcement until your 100% right.
No doubt it wasn't good. Maybe she saw that Brandon Kuhn and Joey Vendetta broke the Springer signing she wanted a part of the action. I mean she never breaks anything (right?) so it's new ground for her.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9218 posts
2993 upvotes
...to complicate matters and make it more embarrassing all the MLB insiders were posting the signing and crediting Mae. Then they had to re-tweet a retraction.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7263 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: ...to complicate matters and make it more embarrassing all the MLB insiders were posting the signing and crediting Mae. Then they had to re-tweet a retraction.
That one blew my mind and all the youtube bloggers went bananas on this too...has this ever happened in any professional sport? So in a way I'm glad we didn't sign Brantley...we need pitching period
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8538 posts
2315 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote: No doubt it wasn't good. Maybe she saw that Brandon Kuhn and Joey Vendetta broke the Springer signing she wanted a part of the action. I mean she never breaks anything (right?) so it's new ground for her.
Well I'm sure she breaks a nail.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9218 posts
2993 upvotes
Ogata wrote: That one blew my mind and all the youtube bloggers went bananas on this too...has this ever happened in any professional sport? So in a way I'm glad we didn't sign Brantley...we need pitching period
Brantley is a professional hitter and I would have loved having him and Springer in the line-up but you're right we really need pitching. I wonder if people know we don't really have a #2 pitcher.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7263 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: Brantley is a professional hitter and I would have loved having him and Springer in the line-up but you're right we really need pitching. I wonder if people know we don't really have a #2 pitcher.
The hunt continues for Sha... I mean Atkins... he Shat a deal on us...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8556 posts
2972 upvotes
Mississauga
antigua1999 wrote: It's her fault 100%. Unless you here its a done deal dont announce anything till 100%.
Everyone breaks news based on an inside source. That's how they hear it's a done deal. If the source misinformed, then it's the source's fault. If the reporter/analyst misunderstood/misinterpreted, then it's the reporter/analyst's fault.

As i said before, we don't know the conversation that took place to truly know who is to blame. From the public perspective all we can do is point the finger to the public facing person, which will always be the reporter/analyst.

But let's not be naive that they don't break news based on inside sources, and the possibility can exist that sources can give bad info. Not saying that's the case here, just saying, we have no way of knowing.

In any case, i am indifferent about Brantley.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8538 posts
2315 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote: Everyone breaks news based on an inside source. That's how they hear it's a done deal. If the source misinformed, then it's the source's fault. If the reporter/analyst misunderstood/misinterpreted, then it's the reporter/analyst's fault.

As i said before, we don't know the conversation that took place to truly know who is to blame. From the public perspective all we can do is point the finger to the public facing person, which will always be the reporter/analyst.

But let's not be naive that they don't break news based on inside sources, and the possibility can exist that sources can give bad info. Not saying that's the case here, just saying, we have no way of knowing.

In any case, i am indifferent about Brantley.
I'm not sure why your defending her. She messed up. I understand her jumping the gun. She is used to dodging Gatorade not real story's.
She should at least double check her minor league sources before she posts a story.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7263 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
antigua1999 wrote: I'm not sure why your defending her. She messed up. I understand her jumping the gun. She is used to dodging Gatorade not real story's.
She should at least double check her minor league sources before she posts a story.
LOL We all know they Gatoraded her eventually....eitherway doubt we will get an explanation on this...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8538 posts
2315 upvotes
Mississauga
Ogata wrote: LOL We all know they Gatoraded her eventually....eitherway doubt we will get an explanation on this...
We will. Depending on how she spins it.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1326 posts
215 upvotes
blexann wrote: Brantley is a professional hitter and I would have loved having him and Springer in the line-up but you're right we really need pitching. I wonder if people know we don't really have a #2 pitcher.
I am glad that this Brantley deal did not go through. It would have made a mess of our OF, in my opinion.

But, yeah is any one wondering we have not made any real SP moves !!,
I was hoping that they would atleast get Taijuan back, but that did not happen.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8556 posts
2972 upvotes
Mississauga
Forget SPs. Let's go after JT Realmuto. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1326 posts
215 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Forget SPs. Let's go after JT Realmuto. Face With Tears Of Joy
Guaranteed that's what the Jays are doing right now :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)