The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 9:36 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
Ogata wrote: I knew that 3-2 lead wasn't going to sustain with Bassitt not going deep and an overused bullpen due to extra innings last night and the night before...well least we don't need to stay up tonight for the afternoon matinee!

We had our chances with the bases loaded and Chapman grounds in a DP..
bobcat99 wrote: Or when Merrifield struck out with the bases loaded. They had many chances to add on runs.
They didn't need more runs. They should have been able to close out the game at 7-3. It happens and frankly, I'm surprised the series is so close (expecting LAD to sweep).
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
9394 wrote: They didn't need more runs. They should have been able to close out the game at 7-3. It happens and frankly, I'm surprised the series is so close (expecting LAD to sweep).
Why would you think LA sweep? They have a very similar record with LA playing in a division with two weak teams and consider the Jays record out of their own division.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Jul 26th, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2022
787 posts
1389 upvotes
Friday's game against the Angels with Ohtani pitching is an exclusive Apple TV broadcast.

WTF.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1889 posts
513 upvotes
doomvilla wrote: Friday's game against the Angels with Ohtani pitching is an exclusive Apple TV broadcast.

WTF.
AARRGHHH!!!! Pouting Face

Thank god for IPTV.
But I feel sorry for those who dont have it
Nov 7, 2022
787 posts
1389 upvotes
DHWestview wrote: AARRGHHH!!!! Pouting Face

Thank god for IPTV.
But I feel sorry for those who dont have it
Turns out Ohtani is now pitching tomorrow instead in a doubleheader against Detroit, so no longer an issue. (Game is still on Apple TV on Friday, but no longer as big of a deal if I can't easily watch).

Tickets for Jays game on Friday night were going for $150+ on the resale sites in anticipation of Ohtani pitching, so sucks for those people who paid that much specifically because of him.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
doomvilla wrote: Turns out Ohtani is now pitching tomorrow instead in a doubleheader against Detroit, so no longer an issue. (Game is still on Apple TV on Friday, but no longer as big of a deal if I can't easily watch).

Tickets for Jays game on Friday night were going for $150+ on the resale sites in anticipation of Ohtani pitching, so sucks for those people who paid that much specifically because of him.
I love that. Screws over people who had no intention of watching the game, hoarding tickets. Awesome!
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
doomvilla wrote: Friday's game against the Angels with Ohtani pitching is an exclusive Apple TV broadcast.

WTF.
Of all the games this year it had to be this one :(
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yeah I saw that now.

Anyways great game by Kikuchi. C'mon bullpen keep it going.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11683 posts
2908 upvotes
Toronto
Send Mitch White at the bottom of the 9th...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
rraj2k9 wrote: That was a good series win !
They could have gone 6 and 0 on this trip considering they lead late in all the games they lost.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11683 posts
2908 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: They could have gone 6 and 0 on this trip considering they lead late in all the games they lost.
Again bullpen management was questionable so maintaining those lead was not possible..now we can only hope they win the next 3 series against the Angel's those PESKY O's and the Bosox....

Trade deadline coming up too! Exciting...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12348 posts
5403 upvotes
So looks like Ohtani is off the market lol glad they didn't leave us hanging until the deadline
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11683 posts
2908 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: So looks like Ohtani is off the market lol glad they didn't leave us hanging until the deadline
Good Angels will regret not doing it...now lets get some Bullpen arms and a RH who can mash Lefties that is not Varsho
Heat 43-0-0