The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 2:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8525 posts
2307 upvotes
Mississauga
I cant believe Ross Atkins has said more than once he didnt think we would be as bad as we are. I cant believe a major league general manager would say that. The scary part is what will he say next. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9038 posts
2897 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: I cant believe Ross Atkins has said more than once he didnt think we would be as bad as we are. I cant believe a major league general manager would say that. The scary part is what will he say next. Go Jays Go
link please
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8525 posts
2307 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote: link please
I will try to find it. I think it was in the Toronto Sun. Go Jays Go
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4785 posts
1125 upvotes
Abbottabad
Anndddd looks like Marcus Stroman won’t be traded due to injury. Man this team is cursed.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10984 posts
7338 upvotes
GTA, ON
iamskyhigh wrote: Anndddd looks like Marcus Stroman won’t be traded due to injury. Man this team is cursed.
I thought the update was a left pectoralis spasm? A good massage and prolonged stretch and he'll be fine.

At least we won!
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: Plz dfa sanchez
He might be good still out of the bullpen and I believe he can pump up the fastball to 97-99 mph when he gives it everything he's got. Seriously, getting roughed up by one of the lowest OPS teams in the league is the last straw for me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8282 posts
2882 upvotes
Mississauga
Man, Tyler Skaggs was found dead in hotel room at the young age of 27. So sad.

No foul play suspected, and they don't believe he took his own life. We will have to wait and see what was the cause of death.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9038 posts
2897 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Man, Tyler Skaggs was found dead in hotel room at the young age of 27. So sad.

No foul play suspected, and they don't believe he took his own life. We will have to wait and see what was the cause of death.
Yes terrible news.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10984 posts
7338 upvotes
GTA, ON
Top of the 1st and I'm already turned off by this game. So sad. Tired Face
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9038 posts
2897 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Top of the 1st and I'm already turned off by this game. So sad. Tired Face
They need to start thinking about shutting him down. 1st season as a full time starter in the majors - he's logged some big innings.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
Bo Bichette is playing very well in AAA ball and he's due to be called up soon. I wonder what the will do about the log jam of infielders now...who stays, who goes?
I wonder if his base will be DJ Lemahieu?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9038 posts
2897 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Bo Bichette is playing very well in AAA ball and he's due to be called up soon. I wonder what the will do about the log jam of infielders now...who stays, who goes?
I wonder if his base will be DJ Lemahieu?
Lema is a late bloomer so hopefully he doesn't wait that long. I think Bo will steal bases
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8702 posts
3066 upvotes
Did Randal Grichuk really even become a fan favourite like Atkins suggested to justify being signed to a lucrative long term deal?

Both Kevin Pillar and Dwight Smith Jr. are both batting for higher averages, and OPS than Grichuk.
Both each with more RBIs, runs scored, and stolen bases too.

Even if you combine both Pillar and Smith Jr's salaries, they make less than half of what Atkins is paying for each year of Grichuk.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Did Randal Grichuk really even become a fan favourite like Atkins suggested to justify being signed to a lucrative long term deal?

Both Kevin Pillar and Dwight Smith Jr. are both batting for higher averages, and OPS than Grichuk.
Both each with more RBIs, runs scored, and stolen bases too.

Even if you combine both Pillar and Smith Jr's salaries, they make less than half of what Atkins is paying for each year of Grichuk.
Pillar has been on fire for a month or so. I hope he keeps it up, miss having that guy around!