Sports & Recreation

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:17 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 10, 2005
8951 posts
2852 upvotes
and we have Roark again in 2021 @ $12M.
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8162 posts
2852 upvotes
Mississauga
How come no one posted this tweet. It's awfully convenient. Must have been intentional after his poor display on Tuesday night. Face With Tears Of Joy I really shouldn't laugh, it's not nice.

Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1929 posts
610 upvotes
DT Calgary
This team has no business being in the playoffs, but it looks like they're safe with only 12 games remaining.

I'm expecting a quick exit in the playoffs. However, I didn't expect them to even win this many games, but maybe they'll go on another miraculous run in the playoffs?! Who knows!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 6, 2005
7189 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
FreshCo wrote: This team has no business being in the playoffs, but it looks like they're safe with only 12 games remaining.

I'm expecting a quick exit in the playoffs. However, I didn't expect them to even win this many games, but maybe they'll go on another miraculous run in the playoffs?! Who knows!
Not with this horrendous Starting Pitching
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
Ogata wrote: Not with this horrendous Starting Pitching
We knew our pitching was gonna suck going into 2020; hopefully it’ll be Ryu, Ryu and Ryu. This is RFD, let’s get our money’s worth!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
kenchau wrote: How come no one posted this tweet. It's awfully convenient. Must have been intentional after his poor display on Tuesday night. Face With Tears Of Joy I really shouldn't laugh, it's not nice.

Lol, was It Taijuan Walker throwing?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3159 posts
1555 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kenchau wrote: How come no one posted this tweet. It's awfully convenient. Must have been intentional after his poor display on Tuesday night. Face With Tears Of Joy I really shouldn't laugh, it's not nice.

The tweet should have the "hit by pitch" in quotes lol, And don't they normally throw very slow during these batting practices and accurately?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10883 posts
5993 upvotes
Markham
FreshCo wrote: This team has no business being in the playoffs, but it looks like they're safe with only 12 games remaining.

I'm expecting a quick exit in the playoffs. However, I didn't expect them to even win this many games, but maybe they'll go on another miraculous run in the playoffs?! Who knows!
I know you're from Calgary and perhaps anti Toronto but can you try and be "fresh" and hopeful and cheer on the Cdn teams of which there are only one in professional Baseball and Basketball.

At the end of the day...the Jays do belong in the playoffs if thats what happens. It doesn't matter if everyone sucks and we suck just a little less. Miracles happen and they've been happening a lot in professional sports lately.

Raptors win the NBA Championship and they didn't one lottery pick player on the roster.
St Louis Blues win the NHL Stanley Cup [they had the worst record as of January that yr].
Kansas City wins NFL
Toronto FC wins Soccer
Some unknown golfer named Sophia Popov ranked 304th won the LPGA British Open

I could go on...but those are the ones I recall right now.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1929 posts
610 upvotes
DT Calgary
gr8dlr wrote: I know you're from Calgary and perhaps anti Toronto but can you try and be "fresh" and hopeful and cheer on the Cdn teams of which there are only one in professional Baseball and Basketball.

At the end of the day...the Jays do belong in the playoffs if thats what happens. It doesn't matter if everyone sucks and we suck just a little less. Miracles happen and they've been happening a lot in professional sports lately.

Raptors win the NBA Championship and they didn't one lottery pick player on the roster.
St Louis Blues win the NHL Stanley Cup [they had the worst record as of January that yr].
Kansas City wins NFL
Toronto FC wins Soccer
Some unknown golfer named Sophia Popov ranked 304th won the LPGA British Open

I could go on...but those are the ones I recall right now.
Ok?

So because they're in Toronto they're not allowed to be criticized? If this was any other season, the Jay's wouldn't be making the playoffs.

Sorry, but they suck, and I don't see them winning a playoff series. That's my own opinion based on what I've seen on the field.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10883 posts
5993 upvotes
Markham
FreshCo wrote: Ok?

So because they're in Toronto they're not allowed to be criticized? If this was any other season, the Jay's wouldn't be making the playoffs.

Sorry, but they suck, and I don't see them winning a playoff series. That's my own opinion based on what I've seen on the field.
I didn't say that you can't criticize....but you could rephrase what your feelings are a little less "emphatically".

Perhaps: "Wow can't believe the Toronto Blue Jays might actually make the playoffs" instead of what you wrote.

Added to that it would seem obvious you haven't seen enough games because their record is what it is and as of right now they suck a lot less than most other teams.

Just an FYI I haven't actually watched any games other than an inning here and there.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1281 posts
209 upvotes
kenchau wrote: How come no one posted this tweet. It's awfully convenient. Must have been intentional after his poor display on Tuesday night. Face With Tears Of Joy I really shouldn't laugh, it's not nice.

LOL, I saw this and had the same thought. He was either drilled or told to be drilled, maybe even asked to be :D
They showed Fisher in the dug out last night, and he looked like a cast-away !!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2005
4007 posts
434 upvotes
Georgetown
rraj2k9 wrote: LOL, I saw this and had the same thought. He was either drilled or told to be drilled, maybe even asked to be :D
They showed Fisher in the dug out last night, and he looked like a cast-away !!
It is about time they cast him away... and I suspect that will happen before next season. They had to give him a shot because he was part of a high profile trade.... and maybe he was worth a flier due to his metrics (supposedly was very high on stuff like exit velocity and whatnot... he could crush the ball)... The reality is what we have seen is a guy who is a HORRIBLE fielder! An absolute sh*tshow. He also hasn't put together his offensive in a way that makes his supposedly elite swing relevant. For me, it really comes down to the complete garbage D. If he turns into a great hitter elsewhere, they can have him! He'll either be a DH or be hurting the team in the field.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1281 posts
209 upvotes
Bucknor has already decided who is going to win today !!

Top