Sports & Recreation

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:30 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Ohtani to read a prepared statement at 5:45pm. He will not be taking any questions.

Ogata wrote: @Blue24

Zimmer got releases by the Rockies
Zimmer still strikes out too much so I'm guessing that is why he was cut, even when trying out for a bad team.
Kevin Pillar made it to the final White Sox roster.

I'm surprised no team has picked up Brandon Belt. He had the highest OPS on the Blue Jays last season.
Probably because he sits out a lot of games due to back soreness.

Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1891 posts
513 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Ohtani to read a prepared statement at 5:45pm. He will not be taking any questions
I assume thats Eastern time and not pacific.

I got my iPhone alarm set Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Edit: better link posted.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Mar 25th, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1891 posts
513 upvotes
Ohtaini is blaming everything on his interpreter.
He's been stealing from his bank account.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1891 posts
513 upvotes
Yeah, I dunno about this.
$4.5 million went missing from his bank acct. and he never noticed it??
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
There were things he could have explained but did not:

- Ippei was supposedly more of a personal assistant and had access to the account in question
- ESPN's original statement claimed a different Ohtani spokesperson, set up the 90 interview where Mizuhara said Ohtani gave the approval for the Dodgers' president to explain to the Dodgers players that Ohtani paid off Ippei's gambling debt.
Even if that is true, if Ohtani knowingly paid those payments to a illegal bookie thinking it was a legit bookie the law does not care what you don't know only what you did.

As ESPN was going to release the interview with Mizuhara, Ohtani's lawyers blocked it from being released and said they would issue their own statement later.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/397 ... ired-theft
Initially, a spokesman for Ohtani told ESPN the slugger had transferred the funds to cover Mizuhara's gambling debt. The spokesman presented Mizuhara to ESPN for a 90-minute interview Tuesday night, during which Mizuhara laid out his account in great detail. However, as ESPN prepared to publish the story Wednesday, the spokesman disavowed Mizuhara's account and said Ohtani's lawyers would issue a statement.
DHWestview wrote: Yeah, I dunno about this.
$4.5 million went missing from his bank acct. and he never noticed it??
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1891 posts
513 upvotes
I hold about $50K in 2 different bank accounts.
If anything over $10K gets withdrawn within a 24 hour period, my cellphone lights up with warnings, and my email gets multiple red lights flashing.

So how in the fukc can Ohtani not know about $4.5 million missing??!!
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12348 posts
5403 upvotes
DHWestview wrote: I hold about $50K in 2 different bank accounts.
If anything over $10K gets withdrawn within a 24 hour period, my cellphone lights up with warnings, and my email gets multiple red lights flashing.

So how in the fukc can Ohtani not know about $4.5 million missing??!!
I know

Should be easy for investigators to figure this out - with some digital forensics they should be able to tell who did the wire transfers
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Nov 19, 2006
682 posts
445 upvotes
Niagara
Ogata wrote: @Blue24

Zimmer got releases by the Rockies
Not surprised. Rockies are looking to tank for a good draft pick. That's easier to do without one of the best players in the league on their roster Slightly Smiling Face
Nov 19, 2006
682 posts
445 upvotes
Niagara
Jordan Montgomery signed with Arizona for 1 year $25 mil.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

DHWestview