Sports & Recreation

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:17 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
Yankees look deadly when fully healthy. Their #9 hitter yesterday was Clint Frazier woah!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8950 posts
2852 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Yankees look deadly when fully healthy. Their #9 hitter yesterday was Clint Frazier woah!
They are intimidating that's for sure
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7189 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
ok the sink is shipping back at .500
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7189 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
FreshCo wrote: Blue Jays are big winners in new MLB playoff format

This team is simply awful, and should count their lucky stars if they make the playoffs.
They are 4 games ahead of Seattle...what a joke AT .500 too

Dolis is out...no Giles...hopefully Romano can return but not tank...lets just find the positives and re-group next year....
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8518 posts
2301 upvotes
Mississauga
Please don`t forget before this season started we would of been extremely happy if the Jays were in a playoff hunt. I have been following this team from the beginning from way back in exhibition stadium. I have lived with the highs and the lows of being a fan. I am looking forward to the future. Whatever happens this year is a bonus. Go Jays Go
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1929 posts
610 upvotes
DT Calgary
Jays play 1 more game with Philly and then 4 with NYY. Can we see another 5 straight losses for 11 in a row? Jays better capitalize on the final series with Baltimore.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
Amazing how things can change in a span of a week! Let's see how our rookie manager does here now that managing matters. Every game here and out will be a playoff game.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1280 posts
209 upvotes
Hypothetical situation I would like to see, An ALDS where Merryweather goes against Josh Donaldson if the playoff standings do not change going forward.

I know pig will fly before this happens !
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1280 posts
209 upvotes
Another SP going deep but the offense treating a rookie like a CY pitcher !!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
Check out our UFA's this winter:
Ken Giles RP 30 - Replaced by Romano?
Robbie Ray SP 29 - Replaced by Pearson?
Jonathan Villar OF 30 - Replaced by ?
Matt Shoemaker SP 34 - Replaced by Merryweather?
Joe Panik 2B 30 - Replaced by ?
Taijuan Walker SP 28 - Replaced by ? (Kay/Hatch?)
Anthony Bass RP 33 - Replaced by ?

Here are our FA with club options:
Chase Anderson SP 33 - Replaced by ?
Rafael Dolis RP/CL 33 - Replaced by ?

We could be royally screwed next year.

-edit: we are definitely screwed next year unless Rogers decides to spend but I doubt that's going to happen in the final year of the CBA.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4007 posts
434 upvotes
Georgetown
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Check out our UFA's this winter:
Ken Giles RP 30 - Replaced by Romano?
Robbie Ray SP 29 - Replaced by Pearson?
Jonathan Villar OF 30 - Replaced by ?
Matt Shoemaker SP 34 - Replaced by Merryweather?
Joe Panik 2B 30 - Replaced by ?
Taijuan Walker SP 28 - Replaced by ? (Kay/Hatch?)
Anthony Bass RP 33 - Replaced by ?

Here are our FA with club options:
Chase Anderson SP 33 - Replaced by ?
Rafael Dolis RP/CL 33 - Replaced by ?

We could be royally screwed next year.

-edit: we are definitely screwed next year unless Rogers decides to spend but I doubt that's going to happen in the final year of the CBA.
It will just be a case of the revolving door continuing. They will piece things together with Low/mid-tier players to replace those they lose. The overall financial situation, COVID, etc will factor in to whether they make bigger moves I’m sure. Hopefully they grab a couple cornerstone pieces like they did when they snagged Ryu - but my guess is one #2 starter type and some mids...
Last edited by Tiberius on Sep 21st, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9506 posts
2927 upvotes
rraj2k9 wrote: Hypothetical situation I would like to see, An ALDS where Merryweather goes against Josh Donaldson if the playoff standings do not change going forward.

I know pig will fly before this happens !
Actually could happen in the 1st round. I am sure Twins are trying to avoid playing the yankees, since they get walloped every time they meet in the playoffs. Twins can finish from 1st to 4th for the standings.