The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 7:31 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3126 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
Jays announce new partnership with the Vancouver Canadians! :)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... p&sid=t435

I know it's only short season Single A but I went to a bunch of games this past season and ithey were a lot of fun.

Since the C's were afiliated w/ the Oakland Atheletics, will their entire roster be different next season due to this new partnership?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
1043 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
litebrite wrote: Jays announce new partnership with the Vancouver Canadians! :)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... p&sid=t435

I know it's only short season Single A but I went to a bunch of games this past season and ithey were a lot of fun.

Since the C's were afiliated w/ the Oakland Atheletics, will their entire roster be different next season due to this new partnership?

yes, the C's roster will no longer be comprised of A's minor leaguers. Depending on assignment, you might get chance to see some of their top draft picks/prospects (especially if they are out of prep).
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2008
1441 posts
26 upvotes
Great job to Jose on # 48! Should be the first Jay to 50 home runs in a season.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
162 upvotes
White Comet wrote: Jays almost blew an 8-2 lead winning 11-9. Pretty close. Seems like the Red Sox hitters know about the approach of BJ pitchers

they have played the Jays 16 times in the last 6 months
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11837 posts
1793 upvotes
Vancouver
No49 of Josh Beckett. Looks like 50 before seasons end for sure.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
162 upvotes
i wouldn't be stunned if he hits more then 55. its kinda sad the dome is going to be closed for most of the last few games. the winds off the lake really help with the hr's
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2626 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
1. Rockies are making their annual crazy ass run near then end of the season, earlier this month they were catching up because of the Padres poor play but now they are doing it by being on a hot streak.

2. Jose Bautista will be in there for MVP talk with Hamilton being out with injury but I still think Hamilton or Cabrera will win it.

3. NL MVP race is very close but I still think Votto deserves it. I think Tulowitzki will hurt Gonzales chances.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3754 posts
145 upvotes
Jose Bautista definitely deserves major consideration for MVP.
He will most likely be leading in two of the three triple crown categories (homeruns, rbis). And if you factor in the defensive part of the game, Jose blows the other two out of the water in terms of defense.
If Cabrera gets this much consideration for a team that won't make the playoffs, Jose deserves just as much.
Hamilton seems to be the favourite because texas is making the playoffs, but then you can also argue that Cano and Longoria can win because they have they are the best players on two the best teams in the league.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
687 upvotes
Stouffville
^ cano better not get MVP... i would hate that... dont think its worthy... Hamilton deserves it more...gonna end with .360 avg, 35 HR and 100+ RBI.. amazing season... not to mention his OPS is crazy... cano basically has no stats that are better and he played 16 more games.. only better stat is that NYY has 7 more wins than texas...

bautista should get consideration since he could have 2 of the 3 triple crown categories but if i were to rank who id want to get MVP, its probably Hamilton and then if i were to go for a person thats not on a playoff team, id pick Cabrera over Bautista.. sure, he has 15 less HR, but .065 higher average is a huge deal...

but jays had a good year... 4 guys r gonna get in the 25+ HR range (well not if Hill is done for season) and 6 guys in the 20+ HR, with agone giving us 17 in half a season too.... too bad they wont get the all time record for HR in a season...another thing thats funny is that Bautista is close enuff that he can get triple crown on the jays lol.. thats how bad our player are at average

on another note, another amazing year for pujols... too bad he might end up with his worst ever season as far as batting average is... but this guy is just soo damn consistent! amazing career he has had so far and i think he could be one of the best players of all time...look at his stats.. over his first 10 seasons in the MLB, Pujols has averaged 41 HR a year, 123 RBI a year and a .331 average....also 43 doubles a year and a 1.050 OPS... crazy yo!