Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Toronto Blue Jays

Toronto Blue Jays $1 hot dogs @ select games. Last one Sept 10

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2019 7:34 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
King31 wrote: Not going to down vote this but the Jays are going to need to do a lot more than this to get people into the stadium next year.
Oskee Wee Wee!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5433 posts
3907 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dinamo2016 wrote: If they stink again they should start offering $1 tickets.
The team needs to start with 3-20 and no one will show up at the gates, then we get $2 tickets again.

A fan can only hope.
Last edited by Elfwood on Nov 29th, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5433 posts
3907 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I downvoted.

How is this a hot deal?

How can anything related to Blue Jays be a hot deal these days?

Fire Shapkins for raising ticket prices last year!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Hopefully they're a decent size otherwise you're better off buying them off a street vendor and bringing those into the stadium.
Schneider's sponsored similar games back in 2012/3/4/5. (think the 2015 games were before the trade deadline and Jays making their playoff push) Regret going to one of these games.

Think of the recent Thursday Night in the 6ix food stalls in the concourse level, but instead of pork sliders and spring rolls you're getting $1 dogs with cheese whiz. Also brings out the worst/rudest crowds. People elbowing each other to get the unlimited popcorn and peanuts. (Seriously)

To usd an RFD analogy, you're going to be lining up for hotdogs with the No Frills $0.25 corn crowd at these games. No thanks.
Last edited by Madchester on Nov 29th, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 13, 2007
545 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
no players to stand by a $1 hot dog isnt going to fill the sears
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
witenite wrote: Yes you can legendary stories of bringing who pizzas in the Rogers center. My bet is the hot dogs will be small and kiddie size and they are saying 4 dog limit, per order
Lol I've ordered a small Pizza from Dominoes (about a 2 min walk away) then walked in without a problem
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
Madchester wrote: Schneider's sponsored similar games back in 2012/3/4/5. (think the 2015 games were before the trade deadline and Jays making their playoff push) Regret going to one of these games.

Think of the recent Thursday Night in the 6ix food stalls in the concourse level, but instead of pork sliders and spring rolls you're getting $1 dogs with cheese whiz. Also brings out the worst/rudest crowds. People elbowing each other to get the unlimited popcorn and peanuts. (Seriously)

To usd an RFD analogy, you're going to be lining up for hotdogs with the No Frills $0.25 corn crowd at these games. No thanks.
Yeah I heard you had to go early otherwise you'd be waiting for a couple of innings in line to get your food.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 11, 2006
977 posts
431 upvotes
Really wish they bring back the Toonie Tuesday ticket promo instead!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1071 posts
2378 upvotes
I'd rather have 2 Juicy Jumbos at home and not watch the Blue Jays
2010-2023 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5433 posts
3907 upvotes
Richmond Hill
virtuman1980 wrote: Really wish they bring back the Toonie Tuesday ticket promo instead!
How about the $100 The Star season tickets? We need that back!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
Elfwood wrote: How about the $100 The Star season tickets? We need that back!!
Contact them their desperate on how to get the fans back.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: Wow this is a long ways away from the $100 a ticket I paid to get into the place during the end of the regular season in 2015.

Pros - hella cheap stuff
Cons - hella shitty team

Probably rather take the good team over the cheap stuff. Maybe in a few years...
As much as I want a good team, there's something nice about going to the Dome and stretching out and watching a game.
The empty Dome is also what i've always been used to (unfortunately), so it feels normal to me.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
goat wrote: As much as I want a good team, there's something nice about going to the Dome and stretching out and watching a game.
The empty Dome is also what i've always been used to (unfortunately), so it feels normal to me.
too many fair weather fans when the team is good I guess. If they don't give a shit about the Jays when they're bad why should they care when they're good?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: too many fair weather fans when the team is good I guess. If they don't give a shit about the Jays when they're bad why should they care when they're good?
I don't mind bandwagoners, tbh
Look back at 2015 and 2016 - the city was buzzing, the Dome was packed, the atmosphere was amazing. I got to experience Playoff games and the deafening sounds of Toronto (and in some parts, Canada) coming together.

If you only want to watch the Jays when they're winning, fine by me. Just don't complain about the team and play armchair GM (or say stupid things like "Fire Shatkins!") when you don't follow the sport.

Also, don't complain about a $1 hot dog.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1174 posts
959 upvotes
Edmonton
Spend half the game in line for a $1 hot dog. Sounds like a deal to me.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Mods, can this be moved to the Sports forum where it belongs? The season doesn't start for over 4 months....
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Nov 30th, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)