Toronto to Brazil - only $470 CAD roundtrip including taxes

Availability for travel: mid September to late October 2021, November 2021

Link

Go go go !!
8 replies
Mar 15, 2008
337 posts
211 upvotes
Flew with them to Brazil with their first flight out of Toronto back in Oct 2020. Flying with them again next month to Brazil out of Montreal. Between those times, they have severely restricted baggage and flexibility, but as long as you keep those in mind, they were a great air line. Since they basically run the airport in Panama, they held the connecting flight for me in PTY as the Toronto flight left over an hour late just due to operations starting back up. If you have any questions about the experience, let me know.

Also I can give you some insights in to getting a PCR test in Brazil without a CPF (their version of SIN) ... didnt need one first time to come home because that was before the rule, but Ive got one ready for this time around. Capacity seems to be a non issue, but I like to book in advance and have my ducks in a row. Going rate seems to be 280-380 BRL.

EDIT: I can also provide the Wi-Fi password for the business lounge in PTY (valid as of Oct 2020). You can stand outside and get reception, otherwise you need to pay for WiFi there. PM me.
Last edited by Decivox on Aug 26th, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5117 posts
2962 upvotes
I would love to visit Brazil but the current government is just reckless. This is a good price and I didn't vote at all. I hope to visit one day. For those who decide to go, enjoy!
Last edited by MyNameWasTaken on Aug 26th, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2615 posts
2559 upvotes
Toronto
Good price. I've seen 2-3x that before in a few occasions.

I personally wouldn't go this "early", but it's definitely doable. Vaccination numbers are finally picking up in Brazil (they have a major supply issue, anti-vax movement isn't as bad as in the US) so hopefully it'll be better by Oct/Nov.

As for violence/crime, like that's always the case for developing countries. Tourism industry exists and it's (normally) very strong, so I'd suppose millions of people are able to go, enjoy and return in one piece.
Nov 13, 2011
703 posts
271 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know how long you have to stay if you don't have a negative PCR test result when trying to return?
Mar 15, 2008
337 posts
211 upvotes
darkcloud8282 wrote: Anyone know how long you have to stay if you don't have a negative PCR test result when trying to return?
You will not be allowed to board the plane without the PCR test.
Aug 25, 2021
8 posts
20 upvotes
Québec, QC
I just bought my tickets to Brazil (Montréal - Curitiba) with them, paid $800. This price is a bargain.
Apr 2, 2020
77 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
Hi. I think it's sold out: "Not available" for the dates you specified.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1205 posts
898 upvotes
Economy deal may be dead, but I see business class with Copa for $1,300s. Panama-Rio is lie flat (but maybe too short to enjoy the meals AND a good sleep).
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.