• Oct 13th, 2021 3:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1892 posts
242 upvotes
Vancouver

Toronto Car Rental Options

Nowhere seems to have cars available for this weekend aside from the airport which is a real hassle.

I reserved from a place called Advantage Car Rentals but they just called me 3 days after making my reservation to tell me it's a wait and see approach and they can't guarantee anything. That's really frustrating. You can even go to their site now and still reserve a car.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can find a car rental?
7 replies
Nov 13, 2019
51 posts
26 upvotes
that really sucks ! since they are the ones renegading - maybe you should try to get some extra credits . But the car rental shortage is very real. As an alternative, you can try turo (https://turo.com) ( although i have no personal experience) - apparently its like uber for rental cars .good luck !
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10566 posts
3890 upvotes
If you really need a car I say go to airport.

You might have some luck doing pick up airport drop off another location. (Usually no fee for doing this the other, however way might be a fee for “in town” drop off). However May cut the pain. You describe of getting to/from airport.

All roads sort of lead to the airport transit wise. It can’t be that bad can it? There’s some handy go buses that use the 407

The industry’s needs to stop accepting reservations without a. Credit card and 72 hour cancellation fee or a deposit.

How can they predict demand when many people book multiple reservations. Hence the wait and see
Last edited by GangStarr on Aug 19th, 2021 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1678 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
chowder wrote: Nowhere seems to have cars available for this weekend aside from the airport which is a real hassle.
Just searched for you using Kayak. I see 2 locations that have cars for this Friday to Monday rental.

$415 from Dollar 398 Steeles West, Thornhill
$762 from Routes at 1138 Kennedy, Scarb.

Airport. Lots from $350.

Likely cheaper to pay uber to the airport and rent from there.
Aug 29, 2008
698 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
I've rented from Routes rental before. It's my go to...I was super surprised to see its over $300 for 3 days for an economy vehicle for the vehicle you selected, never seen such high prices. However, they are the cheapest, they are by the airport but not exactly at it, they have a shuttle service from airport if needed. Most times I've got a good experience. They do require a really high deposit, like $1500 (refundable) and all the common stuff. A friend rented and said car was very dirty, I've never had that experience, but I highly recommend them cuz of cheap prices. If you go with it, my advice is rent an economy car, likely they will be sold out and will give you bigger one. If you do want a small car, watch out, cuz they may just give you a bigger one since they may not have any other one.

Other company I normally go for is enterprise, much more expensive usually, but look for every location (lots of work), sometimes you find a good deal at one specific location, their prices change a lot based on location and availability. Sometimes it's worth the drive/Uber.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20547 posts
5867 upvotes
Scarberia
does credit card rental insurance cover turo? thx..not sure if i need to add turo insurance when renting from it
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3778 posts
284 upvotes
YUL
mikka2017 wrote: does credit card rental insurance cover turo? thx..not sure if i need to add turo insurance when renting from it
No they don't, unless your policy states otherwise.
The key is because Turo doesn't actually own the vehicle
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
I usually got to Costo.ca/travel to book/rent cars