• Jan 16th, 2019 9:01 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1499 posts
123 upvotes
drew4008 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:49 pm
I booked :) Can't wait to get out to Boracay again now that's it's re-opened
1. Do you book through the third party website or directly through the airline? Thinking if there is an issue it is always better to book directly. Did you take and flight insurance?

2. Do you need a visa?
Biscayne05 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 11:03 pm
\
Biggest caveat here is the political climate between CAN-CN. It's not a good look right now and I'd be wary of the stop in the mainland. I'd probably do Cathay instead because it stops in a more "neutral" zone in HK.
3. Is this even a thing or concern? Or is this exaggerated? Seems like there'd be thousand Canadian arrests by now This why the tickets are so cheap?

4. I have a EU passport also, could I fly and get a visa from Canada on my EU passport?
Mar 11, 2018
278 posts
138 upvotes
Why is there any fear of a mere transit through China’s airports in regards to political tensions. As a transiting tourist on flight towards another destination, if they even try to nab you for anything, it would rather backfire and look bad for them on the world stage. If you entered the country and had any form of activity there such as work, then that opens up opportunities for them to even make the most baseless allegations of infractions towards you.
Apr 20, 2009
849 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:13 pm
1. Do you book through the third party website or directly through the airline? Thinking if there is an issue it is always better to book directly. Did you take and flight insurance?
Through 3rd party (Mytrip.com)
reggyDeal wrote:2. Do you need a visa?
You don't need a visa to enter the Philippines (as a Canadian passport-holder)
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1499 posts
123 upvotes
Also see maui, hawaii tickets are on sale. Anyone know if one if one is better? I know in hawaii everything will probably be least twice as expensive. L
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5487 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:14 pm
lol.. is this even a concern? If that's the case they'd be detaining way more then the current two. I have both a canadian and polish passport, being a dual citizen. Should I be flying with the polish passport just to be on the safe side? :)

1. Do the prices here include taxes?

2. Does one need get vaccinated when visiting Philippines?

3. What's better Philippines or Thailand? Looking at 2 to 3 weeks vacation, but don't like to be too rushed, wonder if that is enough time for both Thailand and Philippines?
#2, no. Just dont drink tap water, always bottled water.
Mar 18, 2013
64 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
MeatJuice wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:27 pm
Why is there any fear of a mere transit through China’s airports in regards to political tensions. As a transiting tourist on flight towards another destination, if they even try to nab you for anything, it would rather backfire and look bad for them on the world stage. If you entered the country and had any form of activity there such as work, then that opens up opportunities for them to even make the most baseless allegations of infractions towards you.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4762716/meng ... usive/amp/

“Meng Wanzhou landed at Vancouver’s YVR airport at 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 1 to catch a connecting flight to Mexico, ”

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1OY05Q
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1499 posts
123 upvotes
For those going, are any of you vaccinated? Is it needed, is there less risk for adults getting vaccinated, vs children?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15451 posts
1351 upvotes
Scarborough
chinook79 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:49 am
Boracay is dumpster with overpriced restaurants IMO.. Last time they tried to charge me $100 USD for tiny lobster tail, I didn't even bother to haggle and just walked away... local non-touristy town sells them for about $10 in comparison..
$100USD for a lobster tail??? i've had entire meals for 2 ppl in Boracay "at expensive restaurants" for less than $50 USD.
Aug 1, 2007
650 posts
47 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:02 pm
For those going, are any of you vaccinated? Is it needed, is there less risk for adults getting vaccinated, vs children?
I've been to pretty much everywhere in Asia and never gotten vaccinated. Things turned out well. Just depends on you, if you want to feel safe by getting them done.
Aug 29, 2010
186 posts
143 upvotes
actng wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 10:59 am
$100USD for a lobster tail??? i've had entire meals for 2 ppl in Boracay "at expensive restaurants" for less than $50 USD.
Exactly my point. Tourist rip off everywhere trying to take you for a ride. Philippine has one of the worst tourist scams in SEA and Boracay tops anywhere in Philippine.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9088 posts
496 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:02 pm
There is always a risk if you arent vaccinated. Even here.
chinook79 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 1:00 pm
Exactly my point. Tourist rip off everywhere trying to take you for a ride. Philippine has one of the worst tourist scams in SEA and Boracay tops anywhere in Philippine.
Boracay was good 10+ years ago. It became a dump to the point that sewage was going back to the beach. Anyone with money was getting a permit. Hoards of people throwing their garbage everywhere.

They are fixing it though but it will take a long time to get it back to how it was before. There are better places like Puerto Princesa.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Oct 23, 2018
215 posts
121 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 1:31 pm
There is always a risk if you arent vaccinated. Even here.

Boracay was good 10+ years ago. It became a dump to the point that sewage was going back to the beach. Anyone with money was getting a permit. Hoards of people throwing their garbage everywhere.

They are fixing it though but it will take a long time to get it back to how it was before. There are better places like Puerto Princesa.
i was trying to book here last year and they closed for a year i think(?) for a MAJOR REHABILITATION , cant remember what my philipino friend told me, it was just reopened, it will be our side trip from Cebu! Can't wait!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4862 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:13 pm

2. Do you need a visa?
You only will need a visa if you stay longer than 30 days.