• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 2:50 pm
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
7164 posts
7544 upvotes
Toronto
And they will lose again. This is just a waste of tax payer dollars for optics. Landlords are about to have more rights, about time. I don't really blame Tory, he is just representing his constituents and this is what they want. If anything he is just going through the motions and doesn't actually do anything to help them.
Jul 18, 2020
80 posts
127 upvotes
Looked like the mentality of these people are "I don't have a job so housing should be free"
Jul 23, 2020
61 posts
37 upvotes
Being a landlord is a regulated business, if landlords are over leveraged it's not the tenants problem.
Jul 18, 2020
80 posts
127 upvotes
ricodeals wrote: Being a landlord is a regulated business, if landlords are over leveraged it's not the tenants problem.
True and a lot of people think like you, this is why they deserve to be rent for life so fairness is being balanced out in our society. Smiling Face With Open Mouth You don't own your place, you don't deserve to get the equity gain as simple as that.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8566 posts
9270 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
mazerbeaner wrote: And they will lose again. This is just a waste of tax payer dollars for optics. Landlords are about to have more rights, about time. I don't really blame Tory, he is just representing his constituents and this is what they want. If anything he is just going through the motions and doesn't actually do anything to help them.
He is not representing his constituents, he is selling out to a minority of vocal leftists that would handcuff and take all landlords to jail if they could. Tory is a weak weak unprincipled man.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8566 posts
9270 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
ricodeals wrote: Being a landlord is a regulated business, if landlords are over leveraged it's not the tenants problem.
Everyone let’s welcome the new resident bear.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Nov 26, 2012
266 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote: He is not representing his constituents, he is selling out to a minority of vocal leftists that would handcuff and take all landlords to jail if they could. Tory is a weak weak unprincipled man.
Nah, he just wants the protesters to stop showing up at his condo. It's a really nice place and his neighbours probably hate him now.

He knows this won't sway DoFo so it doesn't matter.
Nov 26, 2012
266 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
The RTA is provincial and this doesn't matter.

Toronto city council only does symbolic votes. if it is meaningful, they would not vote for it. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1253 posts
1852 upvotes
Toronto
Face With Tears Of Joy
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7176 posts
3347 upvotes
I heard on Twitter that Toronto City Council is voting on a motion to bail out AirBnB hosts by using their properties for long-term rental purposes for low income families. I couldn't find the exact tweet to attach but I believe they are voting on it very soon as it as being voted on as a motion shortly. Is this related to Bill 184 or is that something different?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
2563 posts
2699 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote: I heard on Twitter that Toronto City Council is voting on a motion to bail out AirBnB hosts by using their properties for long-term rental purposes for low income families. I couldn't find the exact tweet to attach but I believe they are voting on it very soon as it as being voted on as a motion shortly. Is this related to Bill 184 or is that something different?
and how many condo owners want to do that? im going to vote not many....

and good luck replacing airbnb income which was double normal rents....

whos gonna pay the bill when the condo unit gets wrecked too....
Jul 18, 2020
80 posts
127 upvotes
joepipe wrote: and how many condo owners want to do that? im going to vote not many....

I would rather sell it at a loss than renting it out as a loss. Renting out to low income people = gifting your investment to charity
Last edited by lechan on Jul 31st, 2020 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1253 posts
1852 upvotes
Toronto
joepipe wrote: and how many condo owners want to do that? im going to vote not many....

But, how is this going to work? Is the government going to force you to rent your condo to these people?
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
2563 posts
2699 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: But, how is this going to work? Is the government going to force you to rent your condo to these people?
they cant force anything, they are gonna make a rent offer to owners , low income familes get subsidized of course....

im sure condo owners downtown living on the same floor will be really excited about this move ....lol

there goes the neighbourhood and your condo value....
Last edited by joepipe on Jul 31st, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.