• Nov 14th, 2019 1:00 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
34622 posts
8506 upvotes
Ottawa

Toronto fining Noisy Cars

Fart can users beware. Revenue generator or are they serious? Or is it' as one woman says "being simply an outcropping of the inadequacies that certain people feel — mostly men "
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/tor ... a-homepage
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
115 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19605 posts
4747 upvotes
Toronto
I'd rather have more popos catching HOV cheaters on the 404 alternative routes....Don Mills is notorious for this.

Still, my sister lives at Yonge and 401 and they can't leave windows open during the evening's because it's redline 4 days all the time on those ramps. It got annoying real quick.
Last edited by coriolis on Jul 17th, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3607 posts
2154 upvotes
Ontario
Should also include excessively loud sound systems.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2789 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
lol.. they're putting all the civics with the gigantic fart cans on notice!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13877 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Feels bad for stock SVR Jaguar owners.
Apr 19, 2017
839 posts
650 upvotes
Warm weather is not a sign from Heaven that you should blast your ghetto music.
Penalty Box
Nov 10, 2018
3111 posts
3407 upvotes
I'm completely onboard with this.

Every morning at 7am my neighbor starts his POS Civic and wakes up half the neighborhood. I just take it and deal with it as no need to add stress to a otherwise friendly relationship but it's selfish and adds further evidence to my belief he has a very small wiener.

Do guys really want this sort of image to be portrayed? He's a grown adult, not an 18 year old, to be precise.

Want to drop my panties? Show up in an Aston Martin and we'll talk (maybe this may lead to other things ;)). Otherwise, in the words of James May: STANDARD!
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13960 posts
2431 upvotes
Toronto
They should also add those with illegible license plates (via peeling plates or tinted covers) and those who don't pay for their sticker renewals. License plates have 5 year warranty so there is no excuse. I had the B series plates peel and got it replaced for free. Those who have peeling plates clearly keep them for illegal/bad purposes.

In fact, they should jack the fines up sky high. When it hurts the wallet, people start taking note.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2232 posts
709 upvotes
I live in an area with multiple highrises, creating an echo chamber, so people are always intentionally revving when they drive through. They do this all throughout the night and it's so obnoxious.
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13960 posts
2431 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: I'm completely onboard with this.

Every morning at 7am my neighbor starts his POS Civic and wakes up half the neighborhood. I just take it and deal with it as no need to add stress to a otherwise friendly relationship but it's selfish and adds further evidence to my belief he has a very small wiener.

Do guys really want this sort of image to be portrayed? He's a grown adult, not an 18 year old, to be precise.

Want to drop my panties? Show up in an Aston Martin and we'll talk (maybe this may lead to other things ;)). Otherwise, in the words of James May: STANDARD!
Call Parking enforcement as they can ticket them.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Penalty Box
Nov 10, 2018
3111 posts
3407 upvotes
george__ wrote: Are motorcycles in trouble too?

If so that's stupid!!!

I think we should be allowed to have loud exhaust. Stock is too quiet and people are so distracted now days
What the??

I wonder how this sort of illogical logic works in your mind for hybrids, bicycles and pedestrians?

Don't use this sort of lack of logic to justify your desire to be a douche.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21881 posts
2516 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: What the??

I wonder how this sort of illogical logic works for hybrids and bicycles.
Not stupid. It's just easier to rev the motor to get the attention of the driver than using the horn. Also the exhaust will cut through the music in their car.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3149 posts
1162 upvotes
I agree that it's a good idea.

But also agree that the police should be taking care of other problems first.

Even here in the 905 (suburbs of Toronto) noise generated by cars is a now a problem. But a BIGGER PROBLEM is people on their phone, trying to drive. I see it every single day, people cannot learn to focus. Police should start ticketing for that, first. Then, license plates under black / smoked covers. Then, noise.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32110 posts
17964 upvotes
Ottawa
How are they going to deal with a stock setup?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)