• Dec 12th, 2015 1:36 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 4, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON

Toronto to Hong Kong

I'm looking to travel to Hong Kong from Toronto after Christmas until end of January. Is this a good time to go? (price). I heard from some friends that there are ridiculously low prices for connecting flights from Toronto > Beijing > Hong Kong. However, these are with tour groups, so I'm confused about how it will work out. Please help me out RFD!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
It's literally the most expensive time of the year to travel.

Flying to Beijing first usually saves money. Beijing is an airport most Worldly Travellers will avoid at all costs though.

One tip I'll say is, if you really want to fly to Beijing to connect, make SURE you are taking a Chinese National Carrier airline to Hong Kong. The Chinese are notorious for allowing Chinese planes to constantly jump to the front of the take-off Q. I had one of the worst experiences of my life with Asiana in Beijing Airport.
Aug 21, 2014
44 posts
8 upvotes
AB
I bought my ticket around September for next year trip (for end of February - mid of March) for $689 only from Edmonton to HK. But I think travel to HK after Christmas maybe expensive since it is close to new year eva. Probably prices may go down after new year eva but before Chinese new year which is around mid of Feb. My ticket is for after chinese new year, but during/ a couple days before chinese new year would be about $200 difference. I think ticket/ hotel would be cheap to travel to HK around march - may

Sometimes you can get a cheap flight if you stop in Japan/ Korea
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6805 posts
2464 upvotes
Vancouver
No, but there were(and maybe still are) a few for end of jan- Feb for around 760
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1984 posts
863 upvotes
HK
Take the direct flight with either Air Canada or Cathay Pacific. No need to add complications. Have fun!
Apr 12, 2012
798 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
The key to getting the low ticket fares is to check every other day. Just bookmark the fare search site and eventually you will find the lowest prices.