20079 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Humane Society. 50% off adult cats

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Toronto Humane Society
Remember, pets are a huge time/financial commitment. Don't buy one just because it is a 'deal'.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
21 replies
Jan 27, 2015
286 posts
362 upvotes
King City, ON
So... which half do I get? Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1450 posts
2199 upvotes
Didn't listen to the OP and impulsively bought 8. Great deal!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1178 posts
695 upvotes
North York
At what age (#of months) are they qualified to be an adult? Just curious..
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3938 posts
2067 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Hot hot hot.

Buy now, think later!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1925 posts
707 upvotes
Montreal
sprung wrote: Remember, pets are a huge time/financial commitment. Don't buy one just because it is a 'deal'.

Nonetheless it's a HOT deal!

Thanks OP
Nov 12, 2016
254 posts
215 upvotes
I believe it's 6 or 8 months, senior kitties are great too though!
Oct 9, 2011
605 posts
309 upvotes
EAST YORK
Just got a kitten last weekend. Not from the THS though. Regardless, she's a load of fun :)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11281 posts
2411 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, buddy! These cats do deserve loving homes.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Jul 14, 2014
216 posts
55 upvotes
Oakville, ON
hopefully they can find loving homes
Nov 15, 2015
143 posts
79 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Caaats here! Geeeehht yer caaats here! Going once going twice sold! To the old lady with the bags
Nov 21, 2010
685 posts
204 upvotes
Canada
Never did understand this process. Fees to adopt a pet? I'm sure there is an overload of strays and unwanted pets all the time. If they have to do 50% off just to get people to adopt them, why not just make it free? I'm sure they end up incurring most costs by animals just staying there longer.
Sep 17, 2016
226 posts
213 upvotes
KW
likebutta wrote: Never did understand this process. Fees to adopt a pet? I'm sure there is an overload of strays and unwanted pets all the time. If they have to do 50% off just to get people to adopt them, why not just make it free? I'm sure they end up incurring most costs by animals just staying there longer.
It's so people don't just take free cats and abuse them. If $50-$100 is more than you're willing to spend to introduce an animal to your home, how well are you really going to take care of it?

The humane society also needs to make money so they can stay open and rescue more animals.
Nov 21, 2010
685 posts
204 upvotes
Canada
Marklxndr wrote: It's so people don't just take free cats and abuse them. If $50-$100 is more than you're willing to spend to introduce an animal to your home, how well are you really going to take care of it?

The humane society also needs to make money so they can stay open and rescue more animals.
Well, if we go by that logic, why 50% off? Why make it cheaper? How well is someone really going to take care of it if they are just going because it's a bargain?

The Humane Society needs money - agreed - but these sales indicate they have too many cats un-adopted around and it's costing them. Self-induced, it seems.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3812 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
likebutta wrote: Well, if we go by that logic, why 50% off? Why make it cheaper? How well is someone really going to take care of it if they are just going because it's a bargain?

The Humane Society needs money - agreed - but these sales indicate they have too many cats un-adopted around and it's costing them. Self-induced, it seems.
:facepalm:

the whole idea is to try and re-home shelter animals PROPERLY. or else all you're doing is spitting them out only to get them back again by clueless people. and 50% is not free. they still need to recoup costs of providing medical care/spay/neutering/vaccinations etc etc before they're ready for adoption. emptying the shelter willynilly does not save them any money.