Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Toronto Humane Society

Toronto Humane Society. 50% off adult cats

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 5:20 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26211 posts
39769 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Humane Society. 50% off adult cats

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Toronto Humane Society
Remember, pets are a huge time/financial commitment. Don't buy one just because it is a 'deal'.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
21 replies
Jan 27, 2015
443 posts
544 upvotes
King City, ON
So... which half do I get? Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't listen to the OP and impulsively bought 8. Great deal!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1514 posts
1401 upvotes
Digital Gulag
At what age (#of months) are they qualified to be an adult? Just curious..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Hot hot hot.

Buy now, think later!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2280 posts
1420 upvotes
Montreal
sprung wrote: Remember, pets are a huge time/financial commitment. Don't buy one just because it is a 'deal'.

Nonetheless it's a HOT deal!

Thanks OP
Nov 12, 2016
291 posts
324 upvotes
I believe it's 6 or 8 months, senior kitties are great too though!
Oct 9, 2011
733 posts
765 upvotes
EAST YORK
Just got a kitten last weekend. Not from the THS though. Regardless, she's a load of fun :)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, buddy! These cats do deserve loving homes.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Jul 14, 2014
376 posts
182 upvotes
Oakville, ON
hopefully they can find loving homes
Nov 15, 2015
181 posts
114 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Caaats here! Geeeehht yer caaats here! Going once going twice sold! To the old lady with the bags
Nov 21, 2010
980 posts
593 upvotes
Canada
Never did understand this process. Fees to adopt a pet? I'm sure there is an overload of strays and unwanted pets all the time. If they have to do 50% off just to get people to adopt them, why not just make it free? I'm sure they end up incurring most costs by animals just staying there longer.
Sep 17, 2016
237 posts
223 upvotes
KW
likebutta wrote: Never did understand this process. Fees to adopt a pet? I'm sure there is an overload of strays and unwanted pets all the time. If they have to do 50% off just to get people to adopt them, why not just make it free? I'm sure they end up incurring most costs by animals just staying there longer.
It's so people don't just take free cats and abuse them. If $50-$100 is more than you're willing to spend to introduce an animal to your home, how well are you really going to take care of it?

The humane society also needs to make money so they can stay open and rescue more animals.
Nov 21, 2010
980 posts
593 upvotes
Canada
Marklxndr wrote: It's so people don't just take free cats and abuse them. If $50-$100 is more than you're willing to spend to introduce an animal to your home, how well are you really going to take care of it?

The humane society also needs to make money so they can stay open and rescue more animals.
Well, if we go by that logic, why 50% off? Why make it cheaper? How well is someone really going to take care of it if they are just going because it's a bargain?

The Humane Society needs money - agreed - but these sales indicate they have too many cats un-adopted around and it's costing them. Self-induced, it seems.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3863 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
likebutta wrote: Well, if we go by that logic, why 50% off? Why make it cheaper? How well is someone really going to take care of it if they are just going because it's a bargain?

The Humane Society needs money - agreed - but these sales indicate they have too many cats un-adopted around and it's costing them. Self-induced, it seems.
:facepalm:

the whole idea is to try and re-home shelter animals PROPERLY. or else all you're doing is spitting them out only to get them back again by clueless people. and 50% is not free. they still need to recoup costs of providing medical care/spay/neutering/vaccinations etc etc before they're ready for adoption. emptying the shelter willynilly does not save them any money.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
I assume you'll know which ones are marked down by the bright pink triangle sticker on them?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Jun 26, 2010
916 posts
689 upvotes
Vancouver
likebutta wrote: Well, if we go by that logic, why 50% off? Why make it cheaper? How well is someone really going to take care of it if they are just going because it's a bargain?

Self-induced? So they should keep letting stray cats multiply? You ask a lot of questions you can probably figure the answer to if you just think about it.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
Getting a pet from THS is always a good deal. They have been seen by a vet, cleaned, loved by the attendants and deemed "good to go". When you go and try to get one, they do a quick appraisal of you as well. A buddy's sister went to get a dog from them and they didn't let her have one because of an offhanded comment she made.

Yes, she got one anyways as she went back another day and watched what she said. Both dog and owner are dong well and dog is happy.

If you want a free pet, check kijiji out and be prepared to pay later for medical stuff. Good Luck.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/free-kitten/k0l9004
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2016
1513 posts
2025 upvotes
Toronto
I do not think this is a deal.
Dec 25, 2015
943 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto, ON
considering getting one for the GF,but what other associated cost are there with a cat?
They need to be neutured ? and groomed - lol price is right..

any shots or nail clippings, is cat food expensive?

and lastly, i love dog but she loves cat- will this get me brownie point with her?lol