Careers

Toronto Hydro Job interview

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2022 1:01 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote

Toronto Hydro Job interview

Hello All

I have a Toronto hydro assessment next week and the test will be about Microsoft word, excel, Business Writing and Math. Did anyone do the assessment and can assist me on what to study. I am focusing more on Microsoft Excel as that is my weakness. Anyone assist.

Thank you Greatly

Sagal
40 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2404 posts
760 upvotes
New Brunswick
I wish Hydro would interview me.
Newbie
Aug 11, 2014
15 posts
Toronto, ON
Never did the assessment with Toronto Hydro, but for an internship with Hydro One, I was asked Excel questions on the vlookup function and setting up/using pivot tables. Hopefully, this gives you some idea of what to look at.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
There still hiring if you are looking for customer service.

Toronto hydro career section
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sagalina416 wrote: There still hiring if you are looking for customer service.

Toronto hydro career section
OP, do you know what the pay range or salary is for the position?

Was looking to see if it's unionized but it doesn't appear to be.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4024 upvotes
Toronto
excel in business = vlookup and pivot tables.. that's pretty much all you do. lol
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12363 posts
11258 upvotes
what the salary for a customer service rep, like $100k plus pension and overtime?
Newbie
Jan 14, 2017
2 posts
Can you provide some examples of the questions they asked in the testing? I have my testing on Tuesday and would greatly appreciate some help and guidance.
Newbie
Jan 14, 2017
2 posts
I have my testing session on Tuesday. Can you provide any insight on what type of questions were asked?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LeahWyatt90 wrote: Can you provide some examples of the questions they asked in the testing? I have my testing on Tuesday and would greatly appreciate some help and guidance.
I have testing on Wednesday. I'm guessing it's technical related for computer skills and/or Microsoft Office products.

It is unionized after all. Share what you discover!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
4636 posts
1330 upvotes
GTA
Did anyone end up finding the salary for this position? They might post it again
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1599 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote: what the salary for a customer service rep, like $100k plus pension and overtime?
Why you low ballin'? $130K easy for part timers.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12363 posts
11258 upvotes
gqbluez wrote: Why you low ballin'? $130K easy for part timers.
thats pretty low, OLG has them beat at $175k for 10 hours a week, 2 hour breaks and a sleep pod in case there is never anything to do, which they measured is 94% of the time.
Newbie
Oct 26, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Hey guys, I will be writing my ETL - Electrical Theory test on next Friday for Toronto Hydro. It's for the position of Electrical Technologist. It is different than their regular written assessment. There is no English or Mathematics questions on this exam. It is all based on Ohm's law, logics, network communications and Distribution System and single and 3-phase. Does anyone have any idea what kind of questions I should expect? Or Has anyone written this kind of exam before. Thanks.
Newbie
Mar 6, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
kurhsan wrote: Hey guys, I will be writing my ETL - Electrical Theory test on next Friday for Toronto Hydro. It's for the position of Electrical Technologist. It is different than their regular written assessment. There is no English or Mathematics questions on this exam. It is all based on Ohm's law, logics, network communications and Distribution System and single and 3-phase. Does anyone have any idea what kind of questions I should expect? Or Has anyone written this kind of exam before. Thanks.
can you give me a heads up what were the questions
Newbie
Mar 6, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
yeah they asked me 3-phase power question which was easy. they had some sql and time trip questions too, and there were some questions in which they use some electrical terms which i've never heard of so it was pretty hard tbh i didnt get a call but they called me for different position lets hope for the best.
Newbie
May 15, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
hey can you tell me that what kind of questions they asked in this electrical theory assesment.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Hello Guys, about the ETL can you contact me asap? Thank you

Top