• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 1:08 pm
53 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1330 posts
2108 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Besides Justin Bieber and Drake, Brampton and Richmond drivers make us Canadians famous.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
455 upvotes
That should be a mass arrest. Every single one of those morons.

Was the highway closed??? What was the reason for so many cars Doing thAt?

I could understand if the highway was flooded or something.
Aug 10, 2015
344 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
New law to ban residents of Brampton & Mississauga having a driver's license...oh and Markham.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4021 posts
4153 upvotes
GTA
Doebird wrote: Was the highway closed??? What was the reason for so many cars Doing thAt?
It says in the video that there was a jack-knifed truck blocking the highway ahead.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1330 posts
2108 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Doebird wrote: That should be a mass arrest. Every single one of those morons.

Was the highway closed??? What was the reason for so many cars Doing thAt?

I could understand if the highway was flooded or something.
There was a jackknifed truck blocking the road, but instead of waiting and then merging with the other traffic one smart duck decided to do a u-turn on a 400 SERIES HIGHWAY and then all the dumb baby ducks followed.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
455 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: There was a jackknifed truck blocking the road, but instead of waiting and then merging with the other traffic one smart duck decided to do a u-turn on a 400 SERIES HIGHWAY and then all the dumb baby ducks followed.
Oh ok.

Well in their defence guys the police are very slow at fixing highway problems. To the point where the intentionally take their time.
Have any of you been stuck on a 400 series highway before?
It’s pretty scary being stuck on a highway for 5 hours while the police clear up an issue and you have no idea what’s going on while you car runs out of gas and you have no water and a kid in the car.

Specially with bad weather...

Why didn’t the cop do anything to help assist the flow of traffic,why didn’t they close down the lanes and move Traffic to the exit?

That video is 2 minutes long of him pulling his car up..Rather than directing traffic,,,

Police are shit at directing traffic.

The only moron in this video is the police officer...
Knowing there is a jack knifed truck but yelling at people for going the wrong way....

Like you need to go wait in a pile up???
How stupid and inconsiderate.
Jan 12, 2008
385 posts
178 upvotes
This is just bad judgment by Sgt Kerry Schmidt. In this situation he should have closed off the fork and diverted the rest of the traffic into the right fork.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2754 posts
2032 upvotes
Toronto
Doebird wrote: Oh ok.

Well in their defence guys the police are very slow at fixing highway problems. To the point where the intentionally take their time.
It’s pretty scary being stuck on a highway for 5 hours while the police clear up an issue and you have no idea what’s going on while you car runs out of gas and you have no water and a kid in the car.

Why didn’t the cop do anything to help assist the flow of traffic,why didn’t they close down the lanes and move Traffic to the exit?

That video is 2 minutes long of him pulling his car up..Rather than directing traffic,,,

Knowing there is a jack knifed truck but yelling at people for going the wrong way....

I cannot tell if this comment is serious.

If it is maybe people should be better prepared, don't run your car on fumes because you never know when you will be stuck somewhere, have a bottle or two of water, you never know when you will get stuck somewhere you know especially with bad weather.

As for taking their time they want the roadways open as quickly as possible, investigations and recovery take time. If you do not to be stuck take surface roads everywhere.
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1204 upvotes
viiveyy wrote: New law to ban residents of Brampton & Mississauga having a driver's license...oh and Markham.
Lol the rest of the Toronto isn't any better. Might as well just ban driver's license in all of GTA.
Jul 10, 2008
268 posts
18 upvotes
North York
Doebird wrote: Oh ok.

Concur completely. Do cops really have that much in general to deal with, or they just can't be bothered with petty stuff in general? (Bad experience when we called yrs ago)
Not really just talking about this situation on the 403, where it looks like they take their time. Even residential areas, illegally parked cars, underground
parking, people take their sweet time backing out, holding everyone up, cops not responding to calls when a few weeks ago, their
was a small collision near my area. I get GTA infrastructure is bad, but just a week ago(on the news in Scarborough,) can you blame sometimes people speeding
over double the limit. I get the traffic, if it is fluent and proper drivers, but if you hold me up, it just outright Pi$$es me off.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1562 posts
444 upvotes
Mississauga
Honestly I don't get it, I do not know how many times I say out loud to myself on my daily drive to work "WTF is this guy doing". Bad drivers cause traffic as well.
"With today's sheep mentality sometimes I feel like going to a wall and just bang my head"
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
455 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: I cannot tell if this comment is serious.

If it is maybe people should be better prepared, don't run your car on fumes because you never know when you will be stuck somewhere, have a bottle or two of water, you never know when you will get stuck somewhere you know especially with bad weather.

As for taking their time they want the roadways open as quickly as possible, investigations and recovery take time. If you do not to be stuck take surface roads everywhere.
So it’s ok to sit on the highway for 5 hours while the collectors are open because lazy cops don’t want to hell them get out?
I want to see your post on here when that happens to you someday.
And then tell us how prepared you were with your 6 month old in the backseat when your exit is 2km away.

Kerry Schmidt has no problem Getting out to yell at drivers instead of direct traffic.

What a numbskull.

Typical police behaviour and logic. They don have any.

Your posts are what’s wrong with this city.
You only see black and white and nothing in between.
Shame.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
Man, that is so dangerous. They should all have their vehicles impounded, 7 days license suspension. This is clearly the definition of careless/dangerous driving.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯