Cell Phones

Toronto iPhone 4 lineups: Anyone?

Dec 24, 2006
30 posts
deal_with_singh wrote: I've been in line at sherway since 7am, and got to Yorkdale by 8:10am

I'm not sure if you missed it or ignored it, but I've already mentioned that in my previous long posts...I was initially lining up for full profits at sherway for a 32gb, and then when I found out only 16gb were available, I knew I wasn't going to make too much money off those due to low demand of 16gbs and due to fact some people are actually selling them below cost on kijiji, so I decided to buy em for a friend...but I also managed to make a 100 off each from a caller who responded to my previous ad of 32gbs and I told him I got 16gb and he took em.
I don't think anyone cares, we just don't like you anymore...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19301 posts
7785 upvotes
Toronto
DukeMazer wrote: O.k. seriously let's get over this. Singh enjoy your trip, trueegg get your iphone. Where can trueegg, Singh & Co get a phone tomorrow? Yorkdale stock? Redboard said they will be stock coming anyone going to believe it this time?
I Loled at this post :P
dairyboi wrote: to answer your question for my fairview line up today
my friend got there at 7 am and was around 16th in line
i got there at 8:30am and was around 50-60th in line... which became like 80 b/c of random ppl cutting the line T-T but yea that's besides the point i guess. Basically the cut off was 2 people ahead of me which sucked haha...

my friend left at 12:30pm
they announced that they they miraculously had 8 more iPhones at around 5pm and I left with 1 phone in hand at 6:30pm

so... i'd say b/w 7-8 is your best bet imo...
If you saw people cutting in line, you should've reported it to apple store employees or security, same thing happened at yorkdale....a bunch of azn dudes came from the back of the line and tried to blend in the azn crown in the middle, and called apple store employee to get them kicked out right away....when stock arrived, a few muslim women (really old ones, which I don't even know why they were there cuz they could barely seem to walk IMO) tried cutting in line by attempting to receive the voucher when the lady was handing em out, but we got em kicked out, and the funny thing is they tried to repeatedly come back and join the line in different spots lmao
calluses wrote: sorry, when i read this, i literally LOL because i presume a brown guy is saying this, and my subconscious replayed the "ZJ" thing from beerfest :lol:
Hey what can I say I'm perpetuating the brown sterotype about tech work :) ....btw i don't see the connection with beerfest...and not sure what "Zj" means...maybe its been quite a while since I watched beerfest and forgot a few things lol
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28130 posts
8362 upvotes
Hamilton
wheres the line up for FVM?
Dec 24, 2006
783 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah like do they line up near moxies and if you can get inside at FVM, what door is it? Is 7 am early enough or does one have to do a 6 am visit?
Hi
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4709 posts
369 upvotes
Well I have a job but no school, and I don't have a car (blame insurance), but I was technically free because my job is portable and I can do it from anywhere, and still make more than an average canadian. Now before someone starts saying how an easy job isn't "moral" and I need to get a real job, just want to clairify that this is a real job that requires skill in the field which you may or may not have.
No need to gloat about making more than the average Canadian, nobody cares on RFD, I make +300k a year, so what? :lol:

If you want to start taking my posts so personally when I am merely trying to jest... Well for starters, making more than your average Canadian you should be able to afford insurance and a car, my friends did it while in school - I'm sure you could too (especially with the iPhone business you got running ;) ).
Aug 10, 2007
389 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
This thread is turning into a scrap, I like this. MOARRRRRR!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19301 posts
7785 upvotes
Toronto
Lovable wrote: No need to gloat about making more than the average Canadian, nobody cares on RFD, I make +300k a year, so what? :lol:

If you want to start taking my posts so personally when I am merely trying to jest... Well for starters, making more than your average Canadian you should be able to afford insurance and a car, my friends did it while in school - I'm sure you could too (especially with the iPhone business you got running ;) ).
If you seriously make 300k on RFD...I salute you :) ...insurance costs almost half my income lmao...i got better things to spend that money on
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16026 posts
391 upvotes
dairyboi wrote: lol +1 to CSAgent

Just a bit of a warning to RFD-ers looking for an iPhone 4 at Fairview. Today I was lining up for an iPhone there when they had stock at around 8:30am. Just ahead of me were a few Chinese people who were in line. Slowly, more of them started to enter the line till they had around 12 people). They are apparently going again tomorrow from what I over heard from them.

I guess if you do see them and they're the cutting line say something... we only got 2 of them out of the line when we complained to fellow Apple staff but if we had some sort of evidence (video/pictures) then perhaps more of them would be penalized.
I was thinking of going, but crap like this makes me reconsider.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4709 posts
369 upvotes
storch wrote: This thread is turning into a scrap, I like this. MOARRRRRR!!!
In this thread, you basically summarize it to: pages of no confirmed stock numbers and...

I NEED MAH IPHONE. U TOOK MY IPHONE? RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4709 posts
369 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: If you seriously make 300k on RFD...I salute you :) ...insurance costs almost half my income lmao...i got better things to spend that money on
Uhh, reference to an infamous poster on this forum.

If you're a responsible driver, put the insurance under your parents name if that's an option.

Pro-tip to those looking for iPhone 4 still, if Apple fails, give your carrier's retail store a shot (assuming you don't want unlocked). Much more 'unpredictable' but definitely less of a headache (or not).
Dec 24, 2006
30 posts
I know this has been asked a million times, but where do you lineup at Sherway? Is the parking lot open? And where would you park at Yorkdale?
dragon_drift wrote: I was thinking of going, but crap like this makes me reconsider.
I'm gonna bring a camera...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19301 posts
7785 upvotes
Toronto
Lovable wrote: In this thread, you basically summarize it to: pages of no confirmed stock numbers and...

I NEED MAH IPHONE. U TOOK MY IPHONE? RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Excellent summary :) ...really can't stop laughing at the way you worded it lo
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19301 posts
7785 upvotes
Toronto
viccho wrote: I know this has been asked a million times, but where do you lineup at Sherway? Is the parking lot open? And where would you park at Yorkdale?

I'm gonna bring a camera...
As I mentioned earliar....there was no official line up for sherway until mall doors opened, and at that point, the entire mob formed a stampede and ran towards the apple store, and the security guy was yelling :P

However it was much more orderly on launch day. Yorkdale's lineup seemed really orderly though, so if thats an option I'd reccommend yorkdale, unless your like me where yorkdales an extra 20 min drive
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28130 posts
8362 upvotes
Hamilton
Lovable wrote: Uhh, reference to an infamous poster on this forum.

If you're a responsible driver, put the insurance under your parents name if that's an option.

Pro-tip to those looking for iPhone 4 still, if Apple fails, give your carrier's retail store a shot (assuming you don't want unlocked). Much more 'unpredictable' but definitely less of a headache (or not).
If I buy get it from Rogers, can it be "Unlocked"
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4709 posts
369 upvotes
In the end, I hope you guys get the iPhone one way or another and the return date for you is 'over'. I expect to get a white iPhone WITHOUT waiting in a line if an announcement is made late September regarding the 'antenna' issue + status of the white iPhone.
Sep 4, 2009
82 posts
5 upvotes
From Redboard:
We are trying to be as transparent as possible and provide you with timely information. Obviously, this isn’t a perfect process and we appreciate your patience. Stock that was en route Friday will be arriving in some stores today. Additional inventory will be arriving throughout the week. Due to high demand and limited quantities, we strongly recommend that you call ahead to ensure that iPhones are in stock.

Keith McArthur is Senior Director of Social Media at Rogers.

Anyone have a rogers contact to verify if this is true this time. I'm really not interested in the Apple store as it seems to be getting too messy there with all the line jumping and resale customers drama.
Aug 6, 2010
10 posts
Toronto
ive been watching this bickering for soo effin long and its so annoying ive been watching all your tips for gettin an iuphone and THANK YOU its so much appreciated thx ...SO plz can we get back top the tips? :lol: anyone goin to yorkdale tomorrow ? i am anyone else ?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19301 posts
7785 upvotes
Toronto
Lovable wrote: Uhh, reference to an infamous poster on this forum.

Yeah I could put it under my parents name, but I read online that that can be deemed as insurance fraud as if I'm the primary driver of a veichle and I tell the insurance company I'm a secondary driver, I can get in deep trouble as it stated that insurance companies actually spend people to stalk you...which is really creepy...and they did indeed do this, for a car crash I was in (not at fault), back in 2001, where insurance company showed us pics they took of us on a regular basis. So that kinda scared me out of doing that.