[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15091 posts
11830 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

Toronto > Japan > Korea > Japan > Toronto

Hi All,

Can I buy a RT ticket from Toronto to Tokyo let's say Sept 1 to Sept 30. Then buy ticket from Tokyo to Korea from Sept 10-15, back to Tokyo then leave on original ticket to Toronto? Would I be stopped by custom, When coming back to Tokyo from Korea?

Thanks!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
7 replies
May 7, 2015
528 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You should be able to do that with no problem, though it's a good idea to have access to all of your tickets handy when going through customs in case you need to show proof that you're leaving the country.
Apr 12, 2012
798 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Assuming that you are Canadian, you should be fine. If you have a passport from a developing nation, esp. war-zone nations like Somalia, sometimes there could be problems.
The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
- Mahatma Gandhi
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15091 posts
11830 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Thanks all!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1191 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
i did it recently. no problems at all :)
On your return from korea to japan (I think it should be at Narita) jump to the re entry line :)
May 7, 2017
347 posts
164 upvotes
you can do it... its very popular option. Its have backpackers travel
May 7, 2008
799 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Of course there is no problem.

I have done this exact trip.

The only issue you may run into is that at Korean airport on way to Japan, the airline may ask to see if you have proof of onward travel beyond Japan, which would be a ticket from Japan back to Toronto. So a paper copy or electronic ticket on your phone should suffice. If they do not check this and you end up in Japan beyond your travel visa, the airline that flew you from Korean to Japan would be fined.