Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22006 posts
25490 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - July 11. Ghostbusters preview @ Scotiabank. YMMV

Expiry:
July 11, 2016
NOTE - I do NOT have extra tickets. However, any unclaimed tickets are distributed just before showtime. Ask the screening rep politely and you'll likely score a ticket. Details below.

Ghostbusters happening July 11th at Scotiabank Theatre for 7PM!

Q - Are you going today to this one, Sprung? Or to the IKWYDLS show at the Royal? ;-)

A - I'm at the Royal for some classic 1997 cheesy horror and free popcorn
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
29 replies
Banned
Jun 22, 2016
43 posts
2 upvotes
Usually you get very bad seats if you wait till the last minute and get some left over tkts, from No shows.
Its Free but you will be literally sitting in the front row and looking upwards breaking your neck and spoiling your eyes.
If I go to a screening and don't arrive well in adavnace , I get really bad seats.
The theatre is always overbooked taking into consideration the No shows, so even if you do get some left overs, not worth it, just because its free.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for posting, OP. I, for one, think this movie would be a super flop judging by the trailer ... Will pass.
Banned
Jun 22, 2016
43 posts
2 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: Thanks for posting, OP. I, for one, think this movie would be a super flop judging by the trailer ... Will pass.
Don't underestimate the poor taste of the audience. Super flop movies from the movie point of view still become box office hits money wise and that's all the studios care.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
timirboxy wrote: Don't underestimate the poor taste of the audience. Super flop movies from the movie point of view still become box office hits money wise and that's all the studios care.
True. That is probably the intention behind most remakes. Cash in on the classics with poorly written cheap scripts. Most people would go and see it atleast once to check it out.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: BUMP - happens today
Are you going today to this one, Sprung? Or to the IKWYDLS show at the Royal? ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: NOTE - I do NOT have extra tickets. However, any unclaimed tickets are distributed just before showtime. Ask the screening rep politely and you'll likely score a ticket. Details below.

Ghostbusters happening July 11th at Scotiabank Theatre for 7PM!

Q - Are you going today to this one, Sprung? Or to the IKWYDLS show at the Royal? ;-)

A - I'm at the Royal for some classic 1997 cheesy horror and free popcorn
Ah, in for some Jennifer Love DO-IT, eh? :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3782 posts
1685 upvotes
As I mentioned in the other thread that I will not support the box office for this movie. If it's a free screening I may give it a try tonight. However, at this moment I'm very hesitant about trying to get one of those unclaimed tickets just before the show because of my very bad (failed) experience with the Sony rep (or radio station employee) that did "The Shallows".

SONY is involved with this reboot so I'm expecting a big fat rejection again from them! > :(
Mar 12, 2015
205 posts
148 upvotes
North York, ON
Mr_Fanta wrote: As I mentioned in the other thread that I will not support the box office for this movie. If it's a free screening I may give it a try tonight. However, at this moment I'm very hesitant about trying to get one of those unclaimed tickets just before the show because of my very bad (failed) experience with the Sony rep (or radio station employee) that did "The Shallows".

SONY is involved with this reboot so I'm expecting a big fat rejection again from them! > :(
Care to elaborate what happened when you tried to claim a ticket for "The Shallows"?
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
They may have had a bad experience but you are not obligated to get seats and they are not obligated to give them to you.
Apr 17, 2015
330 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Too disappointed. I arrived there almost 7pm, 6:57, only one guy with printed pass, but there's at least 20 tickets left, the two ladies just said no tickets. Then they finished, one go home, one go into the cinema. Not nice at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9687 posts
4486 upvotes
Toronto
i was there around 7:05 and nobody was there?
frankwang1944 wrote: Too disappointed. I arrived there almost 7pm, 6:57, only one guy with printed pass, but there's at least 20 tickets left, the two ladies just said no tickets. Then they finished, one go home, one go into the cinema. Not nice at all.
20 unclaimed tickets?! good thing i came late and missed witnessing this
Apr 17, 2015
330 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
@ ManCaveGamer Yeah, I believe they just put them in garbage bin instead of giving to whoever without pass.
Jan 24, 2015
172 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frankwang1944 wrote: @ ManCaveGamer Yeah, I believe they just put them in garbage bin instead of giving to whoever without pass.
That's messed up.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9687 posts
4486 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: As I mentioned in the other thread that I will not support the box office for this movie. If it's a free screening I may give it a try tonight. However, at this moment I'm very hesitant about trying to get one of those unclaimed tickets just before the show because of my very bad (failed) experience with the Sony rep (or radio station employee) that did "The Shallows".

was it a similar experience that frankwang1944 experienced today, where they denied giving away and just threw out the unclaimed tickets? if so, i will also avoid Kiss 92.5 radio station and Sony movie screenings
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
obryan20 wrote: That's messed up.
Why is it messed up?

Those people who claimed tickets, won or were given the opportunity to watch this movie (as press, etc).
Jan 24, 2015
172 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thechampion116 wrote: Why is it messed up?

Those people who claimed tickets, won or were given the opportunity to watch this movie (as press, etc).
I'm talking about them just discarding the unclaimed tickets right in front of that other person who was there and asking for one. I know they're not obliged to give you if you don't have a pass but still, what if they were on the other side, would they want that to happen in front of them.
Apr 17, 2015
330 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Next time, if it's Sony Pictures, I never try again. Actually this is the first time I tried. Last week @ Yonge -Eglinton for Captain Fantastic, the lady was nice, I asked for an extra ticket, she didn't give me, but she told me if wait until the end, still have tickets, then would give me. I didn't wait, my friend then bought ticket for other movie. But I had a feeling, she would give if we wait.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9759 posts
1259 upvotes
GTA
frankwang1944 wrote: Too disappointed. I arrived there almost 7pm, 6:57, only one guy with printed pass, but there's at least 20 tickets left, the two ladies just said no tickets. Then they finished, one go home, one go into the cinema. Not nice at all.
You might think 20 tickets is a lot but in those type of theatres it might not mean that many seats if people leave gaps, etc. It would be nice if they had the whole front row free that they gave you a ticket and said "front row only" but sometimes it is easier for these people to go by the book then to make an exception. I understand your frustration at the same time but I wouldn't really blame Sony or the rep on this.