Expired Hot Deals

Toronto to Kauai, Kona, or Honolulu Hawaii – $472 to $524 CAD roundtrip w/ United/Air Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 9:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2959 posts
14002 upvotes

Toronto to Kauai, Kona, or Honolulu Hawaii – $472 to $524 CAD roundtrip w/ United/Air Canada

Deal Link:
Price:
$524
Deal courtesy of next departure.

United/Air Canada has dropped the price on their Hawaii flights from Toronto down to only $472 to $524 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

Kauai – $472
Kona – $497
Honolulu – $524 (non-stop)

The Honolulu flights are non-stop with Air Canada, which typically goes for $950 roundtrip.

The other Hawaii flights have 1 connection each way

BAGGAGE POLICY:
United/Air Canada basic fares include 1 carry-on and 1 personal item. Refer to the airlines baggage policy for additional details.

AVAILABILITY:
Kauai – January
Kona – January, February, April
Honolulu – end-February to March

HOW TO SEARCH FOR DATES AND BOOK:
1. Go to Kayak or Flighthub

2. Search for Toronto to Kauai (LIH), Kona (KOA) or Honolulu (HNL)

3. Use the following date combinationsL

Sample Kayak Search: Toronto to Kauai

Jan 12 to 19, 20, 21
Jan 14 to 21, 22
Jan 20 to 27, 28, 29
Jan 22 to 29, 30, Feb 2
Jan 26 to Feb 2, 3, 4
Jan 28 to Feb 4, 5, 6
Jan 29 to Feb 6, 11, 12

Sample Kayak Search: Toronto to Kona

Jan 20 to 27, 28, 29
Jan 21 to 28, 29, 30
Jan 23 to 30, Feb 3, 4
Jan 27 to Feb 3, 4, 5
Jan 30 to Feb 6, 11, 12
Feb 3 to 11
Apr 22 to 29

Sample Kayak Search: Toronto to Honolulu

Feb 25 to Mar 3, 5
Feb 27 to Mar 5, 10

Mar 3 to 10, 12
Mar 19 to 26, 31
Mar 26 to Apr 2, 9
Mar 31 to Apr 9, 14

3. Kayak will give you the option to book with a third-party booking site
26 replies
Jun 12, 2007
855 posts
487 upvotes
Went to Kauai for a week last year and just camped around the island's campgrounds.
Favourite of all the hawaiian islands. Visit their spca and take a dog out on your adventures for the day.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4591 posts
2624 upvotes
kingkelly wrote: Went to Kauai for a week last year and just camped around the island's campgrounds.
Favourite of all the hawaiian islands. Visit their spca and take a dog out on your adventures for the day.
Just went to Kauai, Oahu, and Maui and got back a few days ago. Flew with United into Kauai and out of Maui for $650. Kauai was by far the best island (despite the rain and flash flood warnings) and we also took a dog out for the day, a very energetic 1 year old named Pickles. Best day of the trip.
Jun 30, 2019
315 posts
501 upvotes
Never went to other islands but we had a really great time in Kauai, would recommend to anyone!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3614 posts
2436 upvotes
Toronto
kingkelly wrote: Went to Kauai for a week last year and just camped around the island's campgrounds.
tietherope wrote: Just went to Kauai, Oahu, and Maui and got back a few days ago. Flew with United into Kauai and out of Maui for $650. Kauai was by far the best island (despite the rain and flash flood warnings) and we also took a dog out for the day, a very energetic 1 year old named Pickles. Best day of the trip.

Going to Kauai and Big Island in April...this taking out a dog experience sounds awesome. How does it work?

Any other tips and advice appreciated! We're looking forward to going up to the Manua Kea observatory on Big Island.
Jun 7, 2017
31 posts
15 upvotes
Thank you! Booked Toronto -> Honolulu -> Kauai -> Toronto for $1,250 for two.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4790 posts
699 upvotes
Burlington
If you fall in love with the dog hopefully you can adopt and ship to Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4591 posts
2624 upvotes
Tha_Doggg wrote: If you fall in love with the dog hopefully you can adopt and ship to Canada.
You can. They have a map there of all the places they have sent adopted dogs. The one for a dog that was adopted in Newmarket is placed near Sudbury, found that funny.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4591 posts
2624 upvotes
redkulat wrote: Going to Kauai and Big Island in April...this taking out a dog experience sounds awesome. How does it work?

Any other tips and advice appreciated! We're looking forward to going up to the Manua Kea observatory on Big Island.
Starting at 11am, six days a week (don't remember the day they don't do it, I did it last monday) you can take a dog out on a "field trip". So show up at 11am, go into the back and see all the dogs, the ones with a purple tag are the ones that allowed to go out on the trip. Take the purple tag to the front desk, give a $200 deposit and $25 donation, they will give you a list of suggested places to take them, a backpack with water, toys, and treats and then you're on your way. Just need to return the dog by 5pm.

Here's Pickles who we took out. Took him running (he had been inside a few days and had a lot of energy to get out), for a bunch of walks, to the beach, in the ocean, on a golf course, and more.
Images
  • IMG_20191118_141623.jpg
Last edited by tietherope on Dec 1st, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4790 posts
699 upvotes
Burlington
tietherope wrote: You can. They have a map there of all the places they have sent adopted dogs. The one for a dog that was adopted in Newmarket is placed near Sudbury, found that funny.
Should've moved the pin to the appropriate place.
Jun 25, 2013
23 posts
11 upvotes
Hooo man I may pull the trigger on this with the wife.

I guess I would need to buy one, and her another separate for the lower price and we just end up not sitting next it each other
Jun 25, 2013
23 posts
11 upvotes
Solipsism1 wrote: Thank you! Booked Toronto -> Honolulu -> Kauai -> Toronto for $1,250 for two.
Isn't that more expensive that OP post?
Jun 7, 2017
31 posts
15 upvotes
mikistan wrote: Isn't that more expensive that OP post?
It Is, but I had picked a date that is slightly out of their range for the return flight. I also opted for a direct flight instead of having a layover. It could have been cheaper, but I don't think it was worth it for my situation
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8789 posts
3255 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Any other tips and advice appreciated! We're looking forward to going up to the Manua Kea observatory on Big Island.
The observatory entrance has been blocked by aborigines for quite a while. We drove by there a few weeks ago. They were hundreds of them, there for the long haul. So unfortunately can't go visit the observatory.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8278 posts
1218 upvotes
TO
tietherope wrote: Just went to Kauai, Oahu, and Maui and got back a few days ago. Flew with United into Kauai and out of Maui for $650. Kauai was by far the best island (despite the rain and flash flood warnings) and we also took a dog out for the day, a very energetic 1 year old named Pickles. Best day of the trip.
Spiritualx wrote: Never went to other islands but we had a really great time in Kauai, would recommend to anyone!
Never been to Hawaii or any islands. Would you recommend I do Honalulu first or the most rated kauai ? Is 4-5 days enough to check out the beaches and local area? Hoping I could utilize our devalued Marriott points lol
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4591 posts
2624 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Never been to Hawaii or any islands. Would you recommend I do Honalulu first or the most rated kauai ? Is 4-5 days enough to check out the beaches and local area? Hoping I could utilize our devalued Marriott points lol
Did Honolulu on my trip as well, it wasn't in the plans, but Kauai was raining too much to be there for 6 days so we cut it short and flew to Oahu for a few days for better weather. Unless you want shopping at fancy stores and to feel like you're in NYC, there's no need to spend time in Honolulu/Waikiki Beach. We spent our time on the island on the east, west, and north coast, which is completely different and worth it, but Kauai is still better in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3042 posts
2930 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tietherope wrote: Did Honolulu on my trip as well, it wasn't in the plans, but Kauai was raining too much to be there for 6 days so we cut it short and flew to Oahu for a few days for better weather. Unless you want shopping at fancy stores and to feel like you're in NYC, there's no need to spend time in Honolulu/Waikiki Beach. We spent our time on the island on the east, west, and north coast, which is completely different and worth it, but Kauai is still better in my opinion.
So what is there to do in Hawaii ? I saw something about a sunrise. Is it all hiking, camping, and beaches or something unique ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8278 posts
1218 upvotes
TO
tietherope wrote: Did Honolulu on my trip as well, it wasn't in the plans, but Kauai was raining too much to be there for 6 days so we cut it short and flew to Oahu for a few days for better weather. Unless you want shopping at fancy stores and to feel like you're in NYC, there's no need to spend time in Honolulu/Waikiki Beach. We spent our time on the island on the east, west, and north coast, which is completely different and worth it, but Kauai is still better in my opinion.
Thanks, going to skip then for sure. I rather enjoy the local beauty of the islands than feel like I'm in NYC haha
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4591 posts
2624 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: So what is there to do in Hawaii ? I saw something about a sunrise. Is it all hiking, camping, and beaches or something unique ?
Maybe you saw in Maui where you watch the sunrise at 10,000 feet, then they drive you down to 6,000 and you bike to the bottom? We did that, was fantastic.

It is beaches, hiking, camping if you want, surfing, snorkeling, luaus, dormant/extinct volcanoes and craters, and visiting the different towns. Check out Waimea Canyon hiking in Kauai. Sure it's hiking, but it's also unique. From the 3 islands I went to, for hiking it would go Kauai > Oahu > Maui.