Expired Hot Deals

Toronto to Manila, Bangkok, Hanoi, etc. $476 to $595 roundtrip w/ China Southern Airlines

[OP]
Feb 19, 2013
88 posts
106 upvotes

Toronto to Manila, Bangkok, Hanoi, etc. $476 to $595 roundtrip w/ China Southern Airlines

Deal Link:
Posted on January 15, 2019 via Next Departure. It says Deal Expired on website but it is still live as of 10:30AM.

China Southern Airlines has once again dropped their prices (but different dates) to select Asian cities from Toronto down to only $476 to $595 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

Shanghai, China – $476
Manila, Philippines – $551
Bangkok, Thailand – $571
Phuket, Thailand – $571
Bali, Indonesia – $577
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – $580
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – $585
Hanoi, Vietnam – $591
Phnom Penh, Cambodia – $595
*prices are listed in CAD, roundtrip and include taxes

Flights have 1 connection each way in Guangzhou. Some flights may require an overnight layover.

BAGGAGE POLICY:
2 checked bags and 1 carry-on are included. For more details, view the airline’s baggage policy.

AVAILABILITY:
Select dates departing in March & April

HOW TO SEARCH FOR DATES AND BOOK:
1. Go to Kayak or Skyscanner

2. Search for Toronto (YYZ) to one of the destination mentioned above

3. Mix and match the following departure/return dates for your preferred length of stay.

DEPARTURE DATES:
Mar 23
Apr 5, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 24, 26

RETURN DATES:
Mar 31
Apr 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16
May 2, 9

NOTE: If one set of dates do not work, then try another. These flights can sell out quickly!
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1020 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa
do you need China Visa if your connection is Guangzhou?
Nov 19, 2009
540 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
I flew China southern to Kathmandu in Oct. Stopover in Guangzhou as well. No visa required unless you plan on leaving the airport.

One thing to note. That airport is boring AF. I spent 8 hours there on a layover and there is nothing to do. Wifi is terrible as well. What's app worked intermittently but would go down for hours on end. I had lounge passes so I managed to have a few drinks which was the only way to keep my sanity. It's is a very clean, very sterile airport. Except the one massive cockroach I saw in the lounge.... Wouldn't recommend eating there.
Last edited by Malta on Jan 24th, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 26, 2010
517 posts
253 upvotes
Vancouver
cf7777 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 10:41 am
do you need China Visa if your connection is Guangzhou?
I flew to Delhi with Guangzhou as my connection; no visa required.
Jun 26, 2010
517 posts
253 upvotes
Vancouver
Malta wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 10:47 am
I flew China southern to Kathmandu in Oct. Stopover in Guangzhou as well. No visa required unless you plan on leaving the airport.

One thing to note. That airport is boring AF. I spent 8 hours there on a layover and there is nothing to do. Wifi is terrible as well. What's app worked intermittently but would go down for hours on end. I had lounge passes so I managed to have a few drinks which was the only way to keep my sanity. It's is a very clean, very sterile airport. Except the one massive cockroach I saw in the lounge.... Wouldn't recommend eating there.
LOL , I thought the exact same thing. I assumed because its proximity to HK's amazing airport and being Chinese, it would be good. I can't remember if there was even a Starbucks there. You had to lineup at a kiosk for a ticket just to get wifi, silly procedure. And probably the most crowded lounges I've ever been in but I managed to use the shower.
Nov 23, 2017
614 posts
1334 upvotes
Good deal, but on a separate note:

It seems like Nextdeparture turning into a paid subscription service?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7942 posts
3135 upvotes
East York
Looking for a deal to Tokyo/Seoul/Dubai and I haven't seen for a loooong time
Feb 20, 2015
136 posts
97 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Checked my vacation dates in June, full price (I see now June wasn't listed in the posted deal). I see no China Southern deals for my dates.

I'm hoping they'll drop their regular rates for June in the near future.

China Southern doesn't have smaller seats than the other airlines does it? It's already pretty cramped on Eva/A.C/Cathay and I can't make my shoulders any smaller. They seem to be competitively priced, even at full fair compared to other airlines.
Last edited by Gibsons on Jan 25th, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5625 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You going to all 3 destinations in 1 shot?
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 12:48 pm

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7545 posts
7818 upvotes
Hitting some of the civilization-building hot spots, warm not hot, nice work OP.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7545 posts
7818 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
You're hitting peak civilization by nailing those three destinations. Commendable.

Some folks like the serenity of nature, and there's a time and place, for others it's nice to be surrounded by the monoliths of human ingenuity.

I too would like such a deal.
Nov 23, 2017
614 posts
1334 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Assuming you want to get all 3 in one trip, that's a weird itinerary to fly in that order, maybe YYZ-DXB-TYO-ICN-YYZ would work better.

Out of curiosity. what's your budget and expected time of travel?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6008 posts
692 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the deal dead? I can't seem to find any flights in those price ranges.
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49330 posts
14590 upvotes
EVA is "how I met your mother" is what I tell my children just before bedtime. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7942 posts
3135 upvotes
East York
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 12:50 pm
You going to all 3 destinations in 1 shot?
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:33 pm

You're hitting peak civilization by nailing those three destinations. Commendable.

Some folks like the serenity of nature, and there's a time and place, for others it's nice to be surrounded by the monoliths of human ingenuity.

I too would like such a deal.
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:42 pm
Assuming you want to get all 3 in one trip, that's a weird itinerary to fly in that order, maybe YYZ-DXB-TYO-ICN-YYZ would work better.

Out of curiosity. what's your budget and expected time of travel?
No no no, not all 3... I'm talking a deal from Toronto for 1 out of those 3 places, which I haven't seen for a loooong time, and I've been checking for flight deals daily

like for $500-$600 rt, spend a week or so there, hostels 'n cheap airbnb or somthing

I am unemployed, so it's the perfect time for me to go now to one of those destinations, Tokyo, Seoul, or Dubai