Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22020 posts
25609 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - March 12. Watch Canadian Screen Awards free as a seat filler. 18+

Expiry:
March 12, 2017
Last edited by sprung on Feb 10th, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9905 posts
4570 upvotes
Toronto
Missed the thread...Jsut signed up now..Hope I get in
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2079 posts
62 upvotes
Just got my email.

It's my first time and how does this go down?

Once I get an email for the door/gate and then just show up?
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2079 posts
62 upvotes
sprung wrote: yup. Show up and enjoy! Who knows which star you'll be seated next to during the show? Front row for Chappelle would be pretty sweet.

Any other RFDers that are going can PM me. We can smooth talk our way into the after party ;)
Ooh...After party sounds fun :)
Jan 17, 2010
776 posts
283 upvotes
sprung wrote: yup. Show up and enjoy! Who knows which star you'll be seated next to during the show? Front row for Chappelle would be pretty sweet.

Any other RFDers that are going can PM me. We can smooth talk our way into the after party ;)
did you do the all star game last year seat filling?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22020 posts
25609 upvotes
Toronto
FigNewton wrote: did you do the all star game last year seat filling?
No thank goodness. The organizing company (Gotham Casting) practically held people hostage and lied consistently. What a mess!

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/toronto- ... d-1920963/
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
May 13, 2012
257 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Is this legit? Wonder why they're managing signs up in Google docs versus another professional way.
Hope its legit, seems like a an awesome opportunity!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22020 posts
25609 upvotes
Toronto
windowsmile_99 wrote: Is this legit? Wonder why they're managing signs up in Google docs versus another professional way.
Hope its legit, seems like a an awesome opportunity!
100% legit. Their office is a hub of activity lately as they prepare for the big event.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2079 posts
62 upvotes
Have they started sending out the 2nd email?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6288 posts
338 upvotes
Scarborough
My friend and I both got accepted. I'm down for an after party :)
May 13, 2012
257 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
dOuble O wrote: Have they started sending out the 2nd email?
I haven't received my 2nd one yet... Has anyone else?
Jul 29, 2008
30 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
It's fun if you're lucky you get to stay in a seat for the whole night, like I was last year. Otherwise...you need to pay attention when commercial starts. You have to stand up and they either tell you to stay or go to the side because the guest needs their seat back. As for the after party...Holding is in the basement. If you bring jackets and bags...all your stuff is down there. If you decide to sneak into the after party, they will know because your stuff is downstairs. If you want to chance it, don't bring anything with you. But note.....a few people did this...and the people in charge of the seat fillers know who they are. Don' t know if they got caught or banned. Just becareful. They are more aware that people are sneaking in every year.
Feb 10, 2010
14 posts
2 upvotes
What kind of shoes do you recommend? I want to wear heels but don't want to fall if I'm being rushed around.
Dec 20, 2014
128 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
Got confirmation yesterday, going for first time in any seat filler event, anyone want to accompany from Mississauga, PM me.
Feb 13, 2017
257 posts
1251 upvotes
Bin Dopin's CANistan
Treated like chattle to meat Howie Mandel? What is the hourly rat and weighscale?
"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9760 posts
1259 upvotes
GTA
TheOtherWhiteMeat wrote: Treated like chattle to meat Howie Mandel? What is the hourly rat and weighscale?
Too many funny typos (or intential typos) in there to leave uncommented :)

Curious what people's experience was like. I had it on in the background and it seemed like a decent show but not sure what more I would get out of it by seeing it in person (I guess being closer to a "celebrity" if I was a seat filler...)