Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto to Montego Bay, Jamaica - $252 roundtrip

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2021 1:26 pm
Nov 19, 2020
208 posts
2020 upvotes

Toronto to Montego Bay, Jamaica - $252 roundtrip

#TravelLust Go go go Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Swoop has dropped the price of their fall and winter flights from Toronto to Montego Bay, Jamaica down to between $252 and $332 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

The flights are nonstop both ways.

Jamaica requires visitors to provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen test for entry, taken no more than 3 days before the flight.

Availability for travel
October, November 2021
January 2022

Link: https://www.flyswoop.com/
Last edited by paultieu on Sep 11th, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
132 replies
May 9, 2020
538 posts
1494 upvotes
Toronto
Flights leave 2021, returns 2026
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
A friend who went to Jamaica before covid had said that while it was beautiful, he genuinely didn't feel safe and even said another guest at his hotel, which wasn't some rinky dink one, had a few rooms broken into somehow. Said his driver made him avoid a lot of areas, was told by hotel staff not to leave after night etc.

Not to say this isn't a bad price, but more a safety issue. Crime is bad everywhere, but I wonder if maybe would be better to go Bahamas or Barbados over Jamaica? It's funny, most of my tourism wishlist I had for years, is increasingly changing. Stuff like Egypt, Brazil, South Africa, Mexico is getting to where you really need to be street smart or have a valid reason. But I guess same can be said about here.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5770 posts
7830 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
YYZ to Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Jm $332

YYZ to YVR = Arm & a Leg

Can't Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Ca . Just buy a tropical Island?
Last edited by chilli604 on Sep 11th, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: YYZ to Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Jm $332

YYZ to YVR = Arm & a Leg

Can't Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Ca . Just is a tropical Island?
YVR is actually pretty cheap as well now but I agree with you that generally the flight there is quite pricey. I remember seeing 600-800 bucks as regular price but my friends got tickets for around 200 recently. Not sure which airline or what the deal was but definitely a lot cheaper.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2021
97 posts
126 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: A friend who went to Jamaica before covid had said that while it was beautiful, he genuinely didn't feel safe and even said another guest at his hotel, which wasn't some rinky dink one, had a few rooms broken into somehow. Said his driver made him avoid a lot of areas, was told by hotel staff not to leave after night etc.

Not to say this isn't a bad price, but more a safety issue. Crime is bad everywhere, but I wonder if maybe would be better to go Bahamas or Barbados over Jamaica? It's funny, most of my tourism wishlist I had for years, is increasingly changing. Stuff like Egypt, Brazil, South Africa, Mexico is getting to where you really need to be street smart or have a valid reason. But I guess same can be said about here.
What’s the point of this comment?
Apr 26, 2019
580 posts
748 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: A friend who went to Jamaica before covid had said that while it was beautiful, he genuinely didn't feel safe and even said another guest at his hotel, which wasn't some rinky dink one, had a few rooms broken into somehow. Said his driver made him avoid a lot of areas, was told by hotel staff not to leave after night etc.

I think your last sentence is the important one. Also, not saying those countries are totally safe but I feel like it's wiser to discuss it in the context of specific cities and regions. There are definitely cities in your country list that should NOT be visited on a whim, but there are also some that are perfectly fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2717 posts
5378 upvotes
Winterpeg
chilli604 wrote:
Can't Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Ca . Just is a tropical Island?
I remember years ago Canada was looking at buying some tropical island so Canadians would have somewhere warm and safe to go and everything would be in CAD. Not sure what ever happened to that. Yes, off subject but eh.
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1768 posts
2593 upvotes

So basically like downtown Toronto?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto

Eh, I think people read too much online and feel that every place is unsafe in some way. Back a few years ago if you asked me to go to Chile I would have said you're nuts. I went there for 2 weeks backpacking and never once felt anything but safe / comfortable. I've been to Mexico 6 times and never felt uncomfortable anywhere. Dominican Republic same thing. Cuba, always felt great.

Honestly of all the places I've been I never felt more unsafe in a country/place than Dublin, Ireland which I never would have expected. I had a group of ~10 year old kids throwing onions at me on the street. Another group of kids pulled out a knife while talking smack through a fence (I was literally just walking back to my hotel at night minding my own business). Went through an underpass at night and had to basically push through a group of guys smoking weed blocking the exit on the other side that looked like they were measuring me up deciding whether to rob me or not. The rest of Ireland was gorgeous.
Last edited by xjesterxx on Sep 11th, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
xjesterxx wrote: Another group of kids pulled a knife out a knife while talking smack through a fence
I read pulled a knife out of a knife. I was dumbfounded by that Face With Tears Of Joy. Talking smack about their cool knife probably.
Last edited by donttoewsmebro on Sep 11th, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
Halo134 wrote: What’s the point of this comment?
That I am giving a heads up to potential Canada bros and gals, and fellow RFD'ers that while the price is good, be careful etc. It isn't about saying anything negative of a people, region, etc. My friend is a world traveler, I am not. And when he says he felt more safe in Bogota Colombia (where the Escobar cartel used to be), over the places he stayed in Kingston and Negril Jamaica, it was just something on my mind seeing this thread.

If our goal is avoiding a Canadian winter, and wanting to experience the beautiful tropical carribbean, is Jamaica worth a good price, or would Barbados or Bahamas be worth it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone and didn't want it to come out that way. It coukd be a case of my friend maybe visiting an East Hastings of a Kingston and only remembering that, or maybe he genuinely felt unsafe.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
donttoewsmebro wrote: I read pulled a knife out of a knife. I was dumbfounded by that Face With Tears Of Joy
LOL whoops - edited.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
Harold91 wrote: That I am giving a heads up to potential Canada bros and gals, and fellow RFD'ers that while the price is good, be careful etc. It isn't about saying anything negative of a people, region, etc. My friend is a world traveler, I am not. And when he says he felt more safe in Bogota Colombia (where the Escobar cartel used to be), over the places he stayed in Kingston and Negril Jamaica, it was just something on my mind seeing this thread.
*Medellin cartel. Side note: both Bogota and especially Medellin are wonderful places.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)