Expired Hot Deals

Toronto to New Orleans, Austin, Savannah, Chicago, Houston, and other cities - $234 CAD roundtrip including taxes

Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
9434 posts
4689 upvotes
Markham
nathanf wrote: Go to Austin, what a great city! Had an amazing time.
Texas? Home of Franklin BBQ. You got into Dallas and drive ? Hours.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Member
Jan 10, 2013
366 posts
173 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
gr8dlr wrote: Texas? Home of Franklin BBQ. You got into Dallas and drive ? Hours.
We flew into Houston, but I think both cities are the same distance away. Didn't go to Franklin, it was 7am when we drove past and it was already stupid lined up. We went to Stubbs, actually saw king gizzard and the lizard wizard play there, was amazing. We drove down to Lockhart about 30-45 minutes, it's the "BBQ capital of Texas." Went to a drive in movie in New Braunfels. Austin had a ton of good food love music and everyone was very laid back and relaxed. Good city all around.

The Jays play the Texas Rangers in May, in Arlington, brand spanking new stadium, directly across the road from a Six Flags, I wanted to do that, but I'm going to Denver instead, will probably catch a Rockies game while I'm there. Hoping the Avalanche are in the playoffs still, too. Would be great to go to a game.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
9434 posts
4689 upvotes
Markham
nathanf wrote: We flew into Houston, but I think both cities are the same distance away. Didn't go to Franklin, it was 7am when we drove past and it was already stupid lined up. We went to Stubbs, actually saw king gizzard and the lizard wizard play there, was amazing. We drove down to Lockhart about 30-45 minutes, it's the "BBQ capital of Texas." Went to a drive in movie in New Braunfels. Austin had a ton of good food love music and everyone was very laid back and relaxed. Good city all around.

The Jays play the Texas Rangers in May, in Arlington, brand spanking new stadium, directly across the road from a Six Flags, I wanted to do that, but I'm going to Denver instead, will probably catch a Rockies game while I'm there. Hoping the Avalanche are in the playoffs still, too. Would be great to go to a game.
That's what I thought. Wouldn't really want to drive 3+hr after a flight and added to that likely have to wait 1+hrs to get into Franklin BBQ.

Houston is supposed to be an interesting town due to it's diversity. Anthony Bourdain did a show there.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Member
Jan 10, 2013
366 posts
173 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
gr8dlr wrote: That's what I thought. Wouldn't really want to drive 3+hr after a flight and added to that likely have to wait 1+hrs to get into Franklin BBQ.

Houston is supposed to be an interesting town due to it's diversity. Anthony Bourdain did a show there.
Franklin would be "lineup at 5am and be lucky to get out of there by 11" situation. Tons of good BBQ all over. Rented a car from Costco travel, paid an extra $90 for a convertible (over a standard for 7 days) and ended up getting a mustang 5.0. we didn't have much time in Houston, seemed like 3 baseball games in 2.5 day visit doesn't leave much time for other stuff. We spent a day at NASA, that was cooler than I expected.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 28, 2004
1044 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't find anything in April to Dallas, Austin or Houston. Too bad.

Top