Expired Hot Deals

*Toronto only* Heinz and Doordash team up to deliver stadium hot dogs to celebrate Blue Jays game 1 on July 24

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 7:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1272 posts
1886 upvotes
Toronto

*Toronto only* Heinz and Doordash team up to deliver stadium hot dogs to celebrate Blue Jays game 1 on July 24

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 24, 2020
July 24, 2020: Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays. First game in Blue Jays schedule of the 2020 season

Heinz and Doordash team up to deliver stadium hot dogs to celebrate Blue Jays game 1 on July 24, 2020.
Date of delivery on July 24, with pre-order starting July 22.
Open the doordash app, type in "Heinz Game Day Dogs"

Price:
two Game Day Dogs for $12
four Game Day Dogs for $24
delivered with the classic in-stadium condiments
Heinz and DoorDash will cover all service and delivery fees, while you pay the price of the order plus tax.
With every purchase, 100 per cent of the proceeds will support Jays Care Foundation in helping to provide meals for families living in Toronto Community Housing.
Date of delivery on July 24, with pre-order starting July 22.

sources:
https://www.restobiz.ca/heinz-partners- ... -baseball/
https://dailyhive.com/toronto/heinz-bal ... pening-day
Last edited by RFDSimon on Jul 20th, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added DoorDash link
62 replies
Mar 23, 2017
530 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
Only reason this makes sense to me is because it supports toronto community housing.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3668 posts
1329 upvotes
But Rogers Centre hot dogs are terrible :p

At least it's for charity
Aug 29, 2016
85 posts
101 upvotes
North York, ON
noone would buy this if it was not for charity.. would rather get the hot dog outside rogers centre lmao
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8550 posts
1501 upvotes
Official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays? Seriously?
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3668 posts
1329 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: Official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays? Seriously?
That is surprising to you? lol
Mar 14, 2017
326 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
$24 for 4 mushy, sweaty Skydome dogs...it's like I'm at the ballpark!
Jan 5, 2017
7 posts
18 upvotes
Brampton
You can also buy 4 large pops for 22$ and popcorn for 12$.. And if you go outside of your house for a smoke during the game, you may not come back in.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3668 posts
1329 upvotes
ddubs75 wrote: You can also buy 4 large pops for 22$ and popcorn for 12$.. And if you go outside of your house for a smoke during the game, you may not come back in.

But they let you bring your own snacks and food in anyway, just go to a convenience store before the game :p
Apr 14, 2019
749 posts
672 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: Official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays? Seriously?
Yes, companies pay sports teams for advertising, it's called marketing
Who do you think you are? Tryna tell me how to live my life. Especially when you live yours like a.......
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8550 posts
1501 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: Yes, companies pay sports teams for advertising, it's called marketing
I guess it works then.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10025 posts
2634 upvotes
thats almost 3 packs of kirkland brand hot dogs, which are guaranteed better tasting.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1089 posts
2189 upvotes
My hometown is Leamington Ontario. I can't stress enough how badly Heinz treated our farmers, and our country when they pulled out of Canada. If you want to reward a horrible company that destroyed the lives of hundreds of Canadian farmers who faithfully grew for them for decades, eat Heinz. Frenches jumped in to save an entire crop from rotting in the fields, and stopped many farmers from literally losing their farms. If you want to reward a company for investing in Canada; try out their brand.

Heinz is pulling a stunt like this to generate an easy tax break. For the cost of two hotdogs, you're paying 12 bucks towards a tax break that Heinz will write off at year end. Just donate the money yourself, and claim it on your own taxes.
Dec 27, 2019
16 posts
19 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: thats almost 3 packs of kirkland brand hot dogs, which are guaranteed better tasting.
just go to costco and spend the 1.50 on the hot dog and drink and then go home and watch the game.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17432 posts
4278 upvotes
Toronto
This is such a stupid marketing gimmick I can’t believe the stunt.

Also the “100% of proceeds” thing is probably proceeds after paying drivers the delivery fee and the door dash cut.

Also bet the door dash scam fee is on top of this.

Do the charity and yourself a favour, buy the hot dog from Costco, and make a donation separately, don’t support this stunt.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA