Expired Hot Deals

*Toronto only* Heinz and Doordash team up to deliver stadium hot dogs to celebrate Blue Jays game 1 on July 24

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 7:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1890 posts
3776 upvotes
union station, TO

*Toronto only* Heinz and Doordash team up to deliver stadium hot dogs to celebrate Blue Jays game 1 on July 24

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 24, 2020
July 24, 2020: Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays. First game in Blue Jays schedule of the 2020 season

Heinz and Doordash team up to deliver stadium hot dogs to celebrate Blue Jays game 1 on July 24, 2020.
Date of delivery on July 24, with pre-order starting July 22.
Open the doordash app, type in "Heinz Game Day Dogs"

Price:
two Game Day Dogs for $12
four Game Day Dogs for $24
delivered with the classic in-stadium condiments
Heinz and DoorDash will cover all service and delivery fees, while you pay the price of the order plus tax.
With every purchase, 100 per cent of the proceeds will support Jays Care Foundation in helping to provide meals for families living in Toronto Community Housing.
Date of delivery on July 24, with pre-order starting July 22.

sources:
https://www.restobiz.ca/heinz-partners- ... -baseball/
https://dailyhive.com/toronto/heinz-bal ... pening-day
Last edited by RFDSimon on Jul 20th, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added DoorDash link
62 replies
Mar 23, 2017
752 posts
1350 upvotes
Toronto
Only reason this makes sense to me is because it supports toronto community housing.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4160 posts
1737 upvotes
But Rogers Centre hot dogs are terrible :p

At least it's for charity
Aug 29, 2016
133 posts
156 upvotes
North York, ON
noone would buy this if it was not for charity.. would rather get the hot dog outside rogers centre lmao
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8812 posts
1741 upvotes
Official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays? Seriously?
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4160 posts
1737 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: Official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays? Seriously?
That is surprising to you? lol
Mar 14, 2017
388 posts
753 upvotes
$24 for 4 mushy, sweaty Skydome dogs...it's like I'm at the ballpark!
Jan 5, 2017
12 posts
41 upvotes
Brampton
You can also buy 4 large pops for 22$ and popcorn for 12$.. And if you go outside of your house for a smoke during the game, you may not come back in.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4160 posts
1737 upvotes
ddubs75 wrote: You can also buy 4 large pops for 22$ and popcorn for 12$.. And if you go outside of your house for a smoke during the game, you may not come back in.

But they let you bring your own snacks and food in anyway, just go to a convenience store before the game :p
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
721 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: Official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays? Seriously?
Yes, companies pay sports teams for advertising, it's called marketing
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8812 posts
1741 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: Yes, companies pay sports teams for advertising, it's called marketing
I guess it works then.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10417 posts
3056 upvotes
thats almost 3 packs of kirkland brand hot dogs, which are guaranteed better tasting.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1303 posts
2996 upvotes
My hometown is Leamington Ontario. I can't stress enough how badly Heinz treated our farmers, and our country when they pulled out of Canada. If you want to reward a horrible company that destroyed the lives of hundreds of Canadian farmers who faithfully grew for them for decades, eat Heinz. Frenches jumped in to save an entire crop from rotting in the fields, and stopped many farmers from literally losing their farms. If you want to reward a company for investing in Canada; try out their brand.

Heinz is pulling a stunt like this to generate an easy tax break. For the cost of two hotdogs, you're paying 12 bucks towards a tax break that Heinz will write off at year end. Just donate the money yourself, and claim it on your own taxes.
Dec 27, 2019
36 posts
33 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: thats almost 3 packs of kirkland brand hot dogs, which are guaranteed better tasting.
just go to costco and spend the 1.50 on the hot dog and drink and then go home and watch the game.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19046 posts
7286 upvotes
Toronto
This is such a stupid marketing gimmick I can’t believe the stunt.

Also the “100% of proceeds” thing is probably proceeds after paying drivers the delivery fee and the door dash cut.

Also bet the door dash scam fee is on top of this.

Do the charity and yourself a favour, buy the hot dog from Costco, and make a donation separately, don’t support this stunt.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8812 posts
1741 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: My hometown is Leamington Ontario. I can't stress enough how badly Heinz treated our farmers, and our country when they pulled out of Canada. If you want to reward a horrible company that destroyed the lives of hundreds of Canadian farmers who faithfully grew for them for decades, eat Heinz. Frenches jumped in to save an entire crop from rotting in the fields, and stopped many farmers from literally losing their farms. If you want to reward a company for investing in Canada; try out their brand.

Heinz is pulling a stunt like this to generate an easy tax break. For the cost of two hotdogs, you're paying 12 bucks towards a tax break that Heinz will write off at year end. Just donate the money yourself, and claim it on your own taxes.
Sadly there are a lot of people who probably don't care and as long as Heinz is the official product of whatever, then that's good enough for a pass. That's why I found it bizarre that a baseball club would need an official ketchup however, it looks like Heinz needs them more then the Jays need them in order to appeal to the masses. Your post is 100% correct, tax break and all.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4160 posts
1737 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: My hometown is Leamington Ontario. I can't stress enough how badly Heinz treated our farmers, and our country when they pulled out of Canada. If you want to reward a horrible company that destroyed the lives of hundreds of Canadian farmers who faithfully grew for them for decades, eat Heinz. Frenches jumped in to save an entire crop from rotting in the fields, and stopped many farmers from literally losing their farms. If you want to reward a company for investing in Canada; try out their brand.

Yup, what he said
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1869 upvotes
Scarborough
Frankie3s wrote: Sadly there are a lot of people who probably don't care and as long as Heinz is the official product of whatever, then that's good enough for a pass. That's why I found it bizarre that a baseball club would need an official ketchup however, it looks like Heinz needs them more then the Jays need them in order to appeal to the masses. Your post is 100% correct, tax break and all.
Pastimes like sports and foods go hand in hand. Most people like to have snacks and drinks while watching a game or a movie.

So naturally it makes sense for sponsors to jump onboard shilling their products like these when a game's on to entice viewers or listeners to feel like having that product. Perfect marketing tactics.

Pizza Pizza has been calling themselves the official pizza of the Toronto Raptors. Even though it surely isn't one of the most favourites with the majority of folks out there.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3998 posts
1624 upvotes
Scarborough

perfect80 wrote: just go to costco and spend the 1.50 on the hot dog and drink and then go home and watch the game.
Squirrel99 wrote: Yup, what he said
I think apart from all of this you would be helping the driver as well as they depend on orders to make money.
Jun 15, 2018
390 posts
1712 upvotes
Toronto
July 24th, 8PM. I begin to salivate as I think about the two hot dogs I had pre-ordered two days prior and have been craving ever since. I nervously glance at the doordash app as the delivery makes it way to my door. Even though I was already way overpaying for these hot dogs I tip the driver $5, which I know damn well is already far more than the actual value of this food.

I open the bag. Inside lies two boxes, and 3 sad packets of Heinz ketchup, the official ketchup of the Toronto Blue Jays. I smell the packets - it smells like baseball season. I open the box and gaze upon an anemic hot dog sandwiched within a sad looking piece of bun, which has become soggy over the course of the 20-minute delivery route. I bite into the hot dog and felt the texture of this sad, steamed piece of garbage, with consistency that I can only describe as toilet paper. I finish the two hot dogs with eternal shame, knowing that the hot dog vendor a 5-minute walk away could have given me a fresh hot dog for a fraction of the price. I delete my RFD account as I realize how much money I have just pointlessly wasted.