Real Estate

Toronto and Peel placed under "lockdown," all non-essential retail will be limited to curbside pickup only

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 8:59 pm
75 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1459 posts
1176 upvotes
Ontario
No impact, it is known everyone wants to be in a DT condo, lockdown or no lockdown ....
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16515 posts
21855 upvotes
Toronto
Isostar wrote: No impact, it is known everyone wants to be in a DT condo, lockdown or no lockdown ....
Just invest in houses and condos, if one goes up and the other goes down you don't care.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5528 upvotes
Vaughan
Spend time in condo being healthy is much better than being sick and spend time in ICU hooking up to machine.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4529 posts
4056 upvotes
teoconca wrote: Spend time in condo being healthy is much better than being sick and spend time in ICU hooking up to machine.
Why do people in Europe and North America get so sick?

In Thailand most are asymptomatic and that even includes foreigners who arrive in quarantine.

I just don't get it.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5528 upvotes
Vaughan
BiegeToyota wrote: Why do people in Europe and North America get so sick?

In Thailand most are asymptomatic and that even includes foreigners who arrive in quarantine.

I just don't get it.
In VN, cases and deaths are very low. I question that.

Scientists will have to look into why some regions have much higher cases. Mostly because of weather, I guess.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes

I just don't get it.
isnt north america the most obese area in the world?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
It could have something to do with body immunity. Countries with lower hygienic standards (India comes to mind), although have had high infection rates, have lower percentage of death compared to countries with high hygiene (Europe, North America). When a body is used to living in unhygienic conditions it has higher immunity. Just a guess. Medical scientists will have to research on this.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto

I just don't get it.
How many obese people are there in SE Asia?

I wonder why there isn't more emphasis here on living healthy, eating well and exercising. Try that and you get criticized for fat shaming. No winning.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
They have said that the spread is coming from multiple generations of people living in one home.
Dec 23, 2012
672 posts
532 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
ozzie16 wrote: How many obese people are there in SE Asia?

I wonder why there isn't more emphasis here on living healthy, eating well and exercising. Try that and you get criticized for fat shaming. No winning.
yeah, that's probably a big factor. whenever there's ICU footage or an interview with a covid patient, they're almost always at least fat if not obese.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Mosho1 wrote: yeah, that's probably a big factor. whenever there's ICU footage or an interview with a covid patient, they're almost always at least fat if not obese.
The average person is overweight so it makes sense, but plenty of "skinny" people are getting sick from this. This is precisely why cases are spiking out of control because people think because they don't look like the people on TV, they'll be fine. Remember when young people thought they were safe beause COVID was killing old people?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1088 posts
1224 upvotes
Look at Peel region and the particular hot spots with high % positivity rates - lots of multigenerational households in/around GTA. Millennial kids hangout in person with friends (who also more likely than not live in a multigenerational home), parents who may have to go to on-site workplace and don't forget about grandma/grandpa. That's easily 5-6 people under a roof. Not surprising it spreads like wildfire if someone in the household catches it. It happened to one of my friends recently, their whole household caught covid and unfortunately a grandparent passed away. It's sad and people need to take proper precaution with who they contact outside.

Can't point the finger to condos, houses with multiple people are an issue too. Whether its deemed necessary for a total lockdown or not, people are getting careless regarding distancing and (lack of/improper) mask wearing when going outside which isn't helping the situation.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
They have never been able to control Peel. Hard to police people at home. Vaccine can't come soon enough.

But it's funny, we don't hear about it coming from condos...yet coming from houses... But condos are made to sound like ground zero. Some just hate condos and are using this as an opportunity to crap on condos. It's pretty easy to see. Condos have rules. Houses do not.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5213 upvotes
Toronto
Doug Ford doesn’t seem to care at all about small businesses. Let’s see if these owners remember in a couple of years when we have an election.
Called the bottom.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
CondoMan98 wrote: Doug Ford doesn’t seem to care at all about small businesses. Let’s see if these owners remember in a couple of years when we have an election.
He's long gone. Small businesses are going to get cratered...especially during the busiest time of the year. Black Friday and Christmas. Many will not survive.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5213 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: He's long gone. Small businesses are going to get cratered...especially during the busiest time of the year. Black Friday and Christmas. Many will not survive.
Can you imagine that they are going to miss Christmas and Black Friday sales? It is just sickening to think about. As someone on Twitter pointed out, why can’t they have 2-5 people in their store, but Walmart and Costco will have over a hundred at a time.

It makes no sense to me. This all feels like the Bible story Noah’s Ark. Only Costco, Amazon, Walmart, and the crew are allowed on the ship!
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1741 posts
1040 upvotes
Small businesses need to get mobile trucks and drive to York and Durham Region to do their sales. Vaughan Mills is going to be packed.
CondoMan98 wrote: Can you imagine that they are going to miss Christmas and Black Friday sales? It is just sickening to think about. As someone on Twitter pointed out, why can’t they have 2-5 people in their store, but Walmart and Costco will have over a hundred at a time.

It makes no sense to me. This all feels like the Bible story Noah’s Ark. Only Costco, Amazon, Walmart, and the crew are allowed on the ship!
Sep 11, 2017
548 posts
404 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: Doug Ford doesn’t seem to care at all about small businesses. Let’s see if these owners remember in a couple of years when we have an election.
Would another government have acted differently and disregarded the health communities protestations for another lockdown? I can’t see the former liberal govt ignoring the medical directives for a lockdown (and probably would have locked down small businesses sooner). Now whether a lockdown is warranted or if the medical community is over reacting is another topic all together, but when it comes to political play, no govt/party in Ontario has the guts to go against the medical community

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)