Automotive

Toronto Police Service Vehicle Collision Report?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2021 11:39 am
[OP]
Nov 20, 2018
97 posts
84 upvotes

Toronto Police Service Vehicle Collision Report?

Hi RFD,

I recently received this in the mail from Toronto Police Service. It says that my vehicle was in an accident over $2000 on Jul 07, 2021. However, I have been in Montreal since Jul 03 and was not in an accident beforehand. However, I was in Ontario for the two weeks prior to Jul 03. Any ideas what this is?

Thanks.
Last edited by sonpanich on Jul 16th, 2021 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1104 posts
1477 upvotes
I think instead of posting it on RFD you should show up to the station and talk to the front desk officer, or call in and request information.

Can you prove you were not in the city?

Can you prove nobody else had your car?

What are they basing this accusation on? Obviously someone reported you and/or your plate/vehicle.

Good luck!
[OP]
Nov 20, 2018
97 posts
84 upvotes
Following up now. Don't want to go to the station as I'd have to drive there from Montreal. I have credit card receipts and dash cam footage to show that I was not in the city and nobody else had my car.

Collision center said an officer saw my plates at the time. Not sure what's going on.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2017
1104 posts
1477 upvotes
sonpanich wrote: Following up now. Don't want to go to the station as I'd have to drive there from Montreal. I have credit card receipts and dash cam footage to show that I was not in the city and nobody else had my car.

Collision center said an officer saw my plates at the time. Not sure what's going on.

Thanks!
I'm sure you will clear it up if that is the case. I feel like if an officer saw your plate, they'd pursue and pull you over at that particular time. Seems strange.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4248 posts
4567 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sonpanich wrote: Following up now. Don't want to go to the station as I'd have to drive there from Montreal. I have credit card receipts and dash cam footage to show that I was not in the city and nobody else had my car.

Thanks!
Probably typed the plates wrong into the computer would be my guess.