Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto to Portugal (Lisbon, Faro, Porto) Less than $600CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 4:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
irodeo wrote: We did LIS to porto (train) to faro (train) to seville (bus) to barcelona (train)
Note : I remember in the bus , there were no toilets

To do it again, i would do
Porto> LIS > faro etc

Train tickets can be very cheap, you need to check and book ahead, i could book lis to porto for 4 eur (2017)

Great country! I would rent a car and do only portugal next time, great fresh seafood for cheap.
Yeah I did it last year, rented a car (btw, make sure you request for AT if you don't know how to drive stick - most of cars in Europe are MT) - Drove around Lisbon then went to Porto stopping on the way

jmb2027 wrote: Thanks for the info.
I was doing some readings and FARO doesn't seem very attractive for me personally.
LIS and PORTO look great, but if I'm going all the way to that side of the globe I would prefer to go to a few other places in one visit (Spain for sure and maybe France/Germany/Netherlands if possible...)
Have a look on low cost flights (like Ryanair or easyJet) - they likely have lots of flights form/to LIS or OPO; But if you're doing a multi country like that, I would try to reduce travel time to actually spend on the cities/countries.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1501 posts
651 upvotes
Montreal,QC
jmb2027 wrote: Thanks for the info.
I was doing some readings and FARO doesn't seem very attractive for me personally.
LIS and PORTO look great, but if I'm going all the way to that side of the globe I would prefer to go to a few other places in one visit (Spain for sure and maybe France/Germany/Netherlands if possible...)
As long as you dont mind taking another flight to get out of Portugal, when i was there in summer 2017, there were no bullet train from portugal to other countries. Renting a car wasnt doable because multi country is expensive.

But Theres so much to see in portugal and cost of living is so cheap that i loved very much Portugal and would have stayed more , we spent a week in portugal.

We stayed in albufeira and not faro, it’s a tourist beach city but the beach was really nice. Lots of people goes to Algarve for water activities. It was our little break from the big cities
Mar 15, 2005
359 posts
209 upvotes
Mississauga
Interested in going to Madeira - Portugal anyone see any deals there?
We usually book with SATA and fly from Toronto to Ponta Delgada (5.5 hrs) then to Madeira (1.5hrs). This much shorter than taking TAP from Toronto to Lisbon (7.5 hrs and actually overshoots Madeira) then Lisbon (busy airport)to Madeira (1.5).
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
744 upvotes
Williams Lake
jmb2027 wrote: Is LIS a good start to an Euro trip? (as in, convenient to travel to other parts of Europe?)
TAP used to offer a free stop-over in Lisbon. I don't know if they still do, but it's worth a look.

I used it to travel to Lisbon and London and it worked very well.
Apr 1, 2005
437 posts
433 upvotes
I used airbnb in Lisbon in 2016 May and it was fine.
jmb2027 wrote: are AIRBNBs legit in Lisbon/Porto/Madrid?
Or better to stay with a hotel?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)