• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 2:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes

Toronto Pride 2020 => Virtual Pride

hey RFDers.... pride month is here... and with the COVID-19 situation, the usual pride month events had to be cancelled in various cities all over the world for public safety... but we are lucky to live now in a world where technology connects us, and makes possible to keep celebrating with our family and friends, while keeping our physical distancing; usually this thread was done yearly to share pride month events happening in toronto, where i live, but this year i will share online events that you can attend to from the comfort of your house, and i encourage you guys to share as well if you find something interesting,... this is a first for all of us, so let's see how this goes.

same as usual, please, let's try to keep this thread with positive messages, and feel free to contribute if you know of any events; cities economies all over the world will be dented by the cancellation of big events where people attends by the thousands, such as this one, but our city officials made the right decision for everybody's benefit... let's make the best out of what we have right now, and keep yourself, your family and your friends safe by staying home

Festival Weekend is June 26-28 :
  • Friday June 26 : Trans Pride
  • Saturday June 27 : Dyke Rally
  • Sunday June 28 : Online Pride Parade

Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Strong
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH TO ALL!!

Last edited by Esteban Pirazo on Jun 2nd, 2020 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
15 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
Pride Toronto has gone virtual... and for this year they will be streaming events, parties, workshops, on a daily basis:
  • Virtual Pride Special Events
  • Stay Home Saturdays : each saturday has a different schedule, with different activities, like performances, music, parties, etc
  • Weekly Events : something different offered each day of the week, like trivias, workshops, talks, seminars,... and even shopping recommendations
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
yesterday, june 1, was the pride flag raising at the toronto city hall... which i can never attend to because it usually falls on a working day, but now i was able to stream it and watch it last night!!

Deal Guru
Dec 22, 2005
10259 posts
107 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Now I have a scene in my mind of Pride Parades happening in hallways. :lol:
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1778 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto

Not entirely relevant but the whole episode was Pride today but thought it would be nice to share as not many people here would watch it.
Jan 10, 2020
27 posts
Pride rocks at church wellesley area for those who unaware are at mega loss around GTA & city.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
Four films to stream for free until June 30 (using code IORBC30 at check out), thanks to the Inside Out LGBTQ+ Film Festival

https://insideout.ca/watch-online/

seems like one can only be watched ontario-wide... but the other three are canada-wide

enjoy!

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
TUESDAY, JUNE 23
ONLINE AIDS VIGIL

https://www.pridetoronto.com/event/online-aids-vigil/

The 2020 online AIDS vigil will take place in the form of a video that will be shared online. Throughout June, the AIDS Vigil of Toronto will be re-posting any photos people post tagged with @aidsvigilto #aidsvigilTO lighting a candle from home.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
Sex Talk with Kat Kova
June 25, 2020 @ 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM

Join sex and relationship therapist, Kat Kova answering your questions on Instagram and discussing how to maintain a safe, healthy, and exciting sex life throughout the COVID-19 quarantine. Kat holds space for you to bring forward your sex and relationship concerns in a nonjudgemental and compassionate environment.

https://www.instagram.com/kat_kova

Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20660 posts
22071 upvotes
Toronto
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
Trans Pride
June 26, 2020 @ 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM

https://www.pridetoronto.com/event/trans-pride/

Toronto’s Trans Rally and March are officially one of the largest, most exciting Pride events in the world – not only for all the trans, non-binary, friends of, and allies who rally and march together in solidarity; but for anyone who is lucky enough to witness the landmark event. Trans women of colour and people with different abilities are encouraged to lead the march and set the pace for all. This year, in light of Covid-19, we are bringing the rally into a virtual space for an hour of speakers and performers followed by an hour of community engagement. Our 2020 theme of “Kinder and Stronger together” expresses the importance of community and celebrates the resiliency of Toronto’s trans community.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
Dyke Pride
June 27, 2020 @ 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM

https://www.pridetoronto.com/event/dyke-rally-march/

The Dyke March is a dyke and lesbian centred space that honours Toronto’s dyke community. This year, Pride Toronto’s annual Dyke Rally is also going virtual, with a theme of “We’re Still Here” to celebrate the history and strength of Toronto’s dynamic Dyke community. This year, in light of Covid-19, we are bringing the rally and march online with speakers and performers.