Real Estate

Toronto Property Management - only $50/mth ?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 5:56 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1161 posts
437 upvotes

Toronto Property Management - only $50/mth ?

This seems too good to be true as most property management companies charge 8%-10% of a month's rent.

Anyone have experience with Zoom? http://www.zoompropertymanagement.com/fees-and-pricing/

I'm looking for a company to manage a condo in downtown Toronto. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
I would question the value of what they're offering. It's $50/month, which includes one visit at the beginning of the lease, one visit at the end of the lease, and one annual visit. And they also charge you one month's rent to find a tenant. So yeah, they might be cheaper than their anonymous competitors, but I'm not sure I'd see the value, personally.

But if you need a property manager because your'e not in town, then your options may be limited. Just get and check references. Check into what kind of backup they offer, if they place a "tenant from hell" in your place. Anyone can handle picking up a rent cheque... How do they handle an actual problem?

Potential red flags on their website:
1) They've only got two quite generic "testimonials" on their site, and one is from a tenant, it looks like.
2) Their last blog post was from June 2017, as is their copyright date on their website.

C

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)