• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2006 10:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 24, 2006
1 posts

Toronto Restaurant Gift Certificates

I am new to Toronto and was wondering if anyone ever heard of menupalace? I am thinking of buying one of their gift certificates for my friend, but i am not sure if they actually work.

I am concerned because when i went to look at the forums on menupalace there are very few postings. Has anyone ever heard of this website? Do people actually use it? How can i tell if a website is popular?

Here is a link to the forums, this is why i am not sure if their gift certificates are any good. Can someone have a look and tell me what they think.
Share:
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3418 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
I signed up for a MenuPalace card, years ago. It was supposed to give you a discount at participating restaurants. Tried it at 3 or 4 places which had been listed on the site and/or had a MenuPalace sign on their door, and NOT ONE would accept the card.....
Banned
Aug 19, 2005
385 posts
Squiggles wrote:I signed up for a MenuPalace card, years ago. It was supposed to give you a discount at participating restaurants. Tried it at 3 or 4 places which had been listed on the site and/or had a MenuPalace sign on their door, and NOT ONE would accept the card.....
so did you ever get in touch with menupalace and file a complaint?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3418 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
It was a free card, and I was pretty sure it wouldn't work when I signed up for it, so I wasn't too upset.

At the time, I also had yet to be initiated to the world of RedFlagDeals and the complain to gain strategy often employed by RFDers. I would likely try to contact the MenuPalace people were it to have happened today.
Feb 25, 2006
1 posts
Interesting that your card was never accepted. I have their card for about 2 years now, and used it at least 20 times, and never had a problem. It was always accepted no questions asked.

Also, their gift certificates work too. My friend sent me one a month ago for my birthday, and I used it last week without any problem. I think the reason the forums do not have a lot of posts is because they just added forums.

I am a manager at a restaurant, and menupalace has a great name in the industry. Our restaurant gets calls from people several times per day, saying they found us on menupalace.

My two cents for what it's worth.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3418 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
roger535353 wrote:Interesting that your card was never accepted. I have their card for about 2 years now, and used it at least 20 times, and never had a problem. It was always accepted no questions asked.
Good to know. I might just try to find my card and give it another try!!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
why not just give cash?
gift certificate limits where you can spend money
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9403 posts
966 upvotes
GTA
A discreet ad for Menu Palace... I wonder.. would be a nice one for mods to check IPs on