• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2017 11:45 pm
26 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
This appears to be a preview and not a full movie unless Sprung can clear it up.

Based on their tweet here
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5796 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
You are right. It's called first look fan event. maybe just 10 min footage or something
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
ricedion wrote: You are right. It's called first look fan event. maybe just 10 min footage or something
They could surprise us but studios have recently done it with Dr. Strange and Fantastic Beasts.
Sep 14, 2007
894 posts
334 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Grazie mille!

Been to these before and they are the full movie.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
ecobuilder wrote: Grazie mille!

Been to these before and they are the full movie.
Are you sure? You have been to these First Look Fan Events?

I am sure lots of us have been to screenings but those never have a tag to the movie name.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22033 posts
25669 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote: This appears to be a preview and not a full movie unless Sprung can clear it up.

Based on their tweet here
I'm working the full 'Ghost in Shell' screening. Mine isn't until late March through. Like others said, this Feb 28 event is likely a short view of some completed scenes.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote: I'm working the full 'Ghost in Shell' screening. Mine isn't until late March through. Like others said, this Feb 28 event is likely a short view of some completed scenes.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4679 posts
7003 upvotes
Ontario
TheRealVinsanity wrote: damn... missed out on Toronto.
Ditto! Seeing this movie early would have made up for not getting any tix to see Chris Rock. Oh well-this thread got my hopes up.
This title is one of two films out in 2017 that qualifies as a popcorn movie worth paying to see.
Last edited by Ciel on Feb 17th, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4679 posts
7003 upvotes
Ontario
ricedion wrote: You are right. It's called first look fan event. maybe just 10 min footage or something

If footage, chances are there are corporate executives wanting fans to weigh in on something about the film. Unless they are fans of the series themselves and cannot make one pick out of several?
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎
Oct 10, 2016
13 posts
26 upvotes
Found the details about the event: http://www.imax.com/news/ghost-shell-im ... -fan-event

"Can’t wait until then? IMAX is presenting a one-night-only fan event featuring a first look at stunning film footage exclusively in 14 IMAX theatres across North America.

Attendees will also receive a limited edition poster and have the opportunity to capture their experience in a film-centric experiential photo booth where you can become the Major. IMAX theatres in Los Angeles and New York will also feature a special behind-the-scenes look at the costumes and props from the film."
Sep 14, 2007
894 posts
334 upvotes
Calgary, AB
thechampion116 wrote: Are you sure? You have been to these First Look Fan Events?

I am sure lots of us have been to screenings but those never have a tag to the movie name.
Very sure. Follow this logic: They book an entire theater and have people show up for what.....10-15 minutes?

Also the movie is slated to be released beginning of March. Not that far off.
Jul 30, 2013
122 posts
163 upvotes
ecobuilder wrote: Very sure. Follow this logic: They book an entire theater and have people show up for what.....10-15 minutes?

They actually did exactly that for Dr. Strange a few months ago as the most recent example. It's not as uncommon as one might expect.

The easiest way to tell before going if you want to be 100% sure on what to expect, is to check the schedule when it gets released this Tuesday for Yonge & Dundas on the 28th. If Lego Batman is playing in IMAX at 4-4:30 and then again at around 8, it's 15 minutes ... if on the other hand, it's playing at 4-4:30 and then not again until 9:45, it means something's going on in there off schedule that's taking up 2 hours and likely is the full movie.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
ecobuilder wrote:
Very sure. Follow this logic: They book an entire theater and have people show up for what.....10-15 minutes?

I saw Dr. Strange and Fantastic Beasts fan event previews that were about 15 mins each. The actual screenings of the movies were two weeks afterwards.

I was there so your logic fails. Not saying they won't show the whole movie but your logic is wrong.

Edit: Saw that it was 20 mins of exclusive footage.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3806 posts
1698 upvotes
Don't have a ticket, but I still want to go this fan event even though it is only 20 minutes of IMAX footage. The links below confirm this.

http://scenecreek.com/contests/ghost-in ... ell-promo/

http://advancescreenings.com/screening/ ... y/new_york

You never know with the studio and surprises, the audience could be treated to a test screening of the full movie in all 14 chosen cities.