Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto to San Diego, California - $348 CAD roundtrip including taxes | non-stop flights in June, early July, September.

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 6:00 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes

Toronto to San Diego, California - $348 CAD roundtrip including taxes | non-stop flights in June, early July, September.

Deal Link:
Air Canada Rouge is showing non-stop flights in June, July, late August and September 2017 from Toronto to San Diego for $348 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

Availability for travel
June, early July, mid to late August, September 2017
Dates over Labour Day long weekend are currently available, and likely the dates to go first.

How to find and book these flights
1. Go to Priceline
Click on the 'Flights' tab
Search for a flight from Toronto to San Diego (SAN)
Try one of the following date combinations:
May 24, 25 to May 31, Jun 1
May 31 to Jun 1, 6
Jun 1 to Jun 6
Jun 13, 14, 15 to Jun 27
Jun 20, 21 to Jun 27
Jul 5, 6 to Jul 11
Aug 16, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31 to Sep 5, 6, 7 -- over Labour Day
Sep 5, 6, 7 to Sep 13, 14
Sep 12, 13, 14 to Sep 19, 20, 21
Sep 19, 20, 21 to Sep 26, 27, 28
The price will show up as $251 USD roundtrip including taxes, which will work out to $348 CAD when booked using a Canadian credit card, and including the typical credit card foreign exchange fee.
Priceline offers completely free cancellation up to 24 hours after booking, giving you a bit of time to decide.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
My Air Canada yyz-lax flight in Feb was overbooked, people got put on standby, half dozen passengers luggages got lost including mine. It was crazy. I told myself never again but then I see these prices and I'm seriously thinking about it againFace With Tears Of Joy I been burned by Air Canada so many times but surely this time will be better than the last right!?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes
[removed]... tons of things to do in San Diego like the zoo and the naval museum, did a drive to LA, stopped off at Long Beach...beautiful drive btw...
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 16th, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and response removed
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
yyz2hkg wrote: [removed]... tons of things to do in San Diego like the zoo and the naval museum, did a drive to LA, stopped off at Long Beach...beautiful drive btw...
The San Diego zoo was absolutely incredible. Worth this flight price just to go do that
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 16th, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1381 posts
315 upvotes
Oakville
Just came back from San Diego on that Delta deal from last year. Great city, great vibe. Rouge though? I value my knees far too much to fly on that airline.
Feb 15, 2009
496 posts
117 upvotes
Great deal!

Semi-related: the YYZ-LAX route is every now and then under $400 as well during off-peak season. And it's the non-Rouge Air Canada product. I believe one of the daily flights is on a 787 if you're into that sorta stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Scott Pilgrim wrote: Great deal!

Semi-related: the YYZ-LAX route is every now and then under $400 as well during off-peak season. And it's the non-Rouge Air Canada product. I believe one of the daily flights is on a 787 if you're into that sorta stuff.
What site do you catch that deal on? Looking to visit in late June early July and while flying to San Diego for this cheap and driving isn't a bad option, I'd prefer to just fly into LAX
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
San Diego is great. I wouldnt mind moving there; with sunny and mild to warm weather all the time. Laid back atmosphere. Zoo was good, Sea World was alright. Legoland was fun for the kids, Old Town was pretty cool to venture. I wish i had to time to visit Coronado beach tho
😃
Feb 15, 2009
496 posts
117 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: What site do you catch that deal on? Looking to visit in late June early July and while flying to San Diego for this cheap and driving isn't a bad option, I'd prefer to just fly into LAX
Honestly, I check Google Flights every now and then when I'm bored and feeling wanderlust lol

I originally saw it on one of the deal sites, can't remember which one, but the YYZ-SAN and YYZ-LAX prices are around $400 fairly often, so it's not a "deal" in the sense that it's rare to find. Sometimes it's just whenever you (or a travel blogger) so happen to check the prices.

Even a random search right now via google flights got me a direct flight to LAX for $464 (as of noon Tuesday) which is pretty good already. About a month ago I saw it at $380 for June. Not exactly your dates, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

It's up and down, totally about timing and your availability. Generally summer months are pricier, as are flights on weekends. Also there's a sweet spot in terms of how far ahead of time you buy the tickets.

edit: I'd add that what makes this San Diego price a deal is that it even includes middle of the summer dates
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep an eye on it and if I can't find LAX as cheap when I'm looking to book then I'll just book San Diego.

btw If any of you end up in San Diego and like Thai Food, look up this place called Bahn Thai. It's a hole in the wall Thai restaurant we found but the food was unreal. Better than Sukothai, BKK, Kub Khao or anything I've had in TO.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
2056 posts
1312 upvotes
Tried rouge once, never again. I am not even that tall.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
tkddad wrote: Tried rouge once, never again. I am not even that tall.
I think for a smaller person it's fine as long as the flight isn't longer than 6 hours and there's no red eye involved. Those seats don't really recline.
Board games!!!!
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
951 posts
1283 upvotes
Rouge is great....if you are 4' 11" and shorter...

If you value your legs/knees....spend the extra $200-300 and go on a real airline.
Jul 3, 2013
377 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I'm 6'3" and sucked up a flight to Dublin on air transat. I think I could do this for 4-5hrs.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
+1, I hate all most sun destinations are operated under Rouge
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto
raccoon wrote: +1, I hate all most sun destinations are operated under Rouge
My wife is 5'2", so I don't think it will be bad for her; but will I have any issues being 5'8"?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: What site do you catch that deal on? Looking to visit in late June early July and while flying to San Diego for this cheap and driving isn't a bad option, I'd prefer to just fly into LAX
nextdeparture.ca is the original source of most of the flight deals. You can tell because when you subscribe to both that and yyzdeals and the YYZDeals links come out hours or a day later than Next Departure. The guy who runs Next Departure used to post his deals on the YYZ Deals facebook group and YYZ Deals used to credit him (eg. "Special thanks to Rishi 'The One' Modi for being the first to spot this deal and share it with the group." http://www.yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-los- ... ding-taxes) . Now YYZ Deals doesn't credit anyone.