Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24357 posts
33342 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - Sept 4/5. Canadian International Airshow

Expiry:
September 5, 2021
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
11 replies
Nov 27, 2020
41 posts
55 upvotes
Wow! Free airshow! There was an airshow in Abbotsford, BC past weekend with $100 ticket. Looks like people here didn’t make enough sacrifices in past 18 months to earn a free air show.
Dec 24, 2007
955 posts
1511 upvotes
mario834 wrote: Wow! Free airshow! There was an airshow in Abbotsford, BC past weekend with $100 ticket. Looks like people here didn’t make enough sacrifices in past 18 months to earn a free air show.
and if you didn't pay the 100$ you were banned from looking up?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5780 posts
1319 upvotes
London, ON
TrueToy wrote: and if you didn't pay the 100$ you were banned from looking up?
I believe Abbotsford & London airshows used to have static displays. So it was like going to an autoshow where you can see planes up close and even go inside a B52 or C130

With the new drive-in format (eg London charges per vehicle iirc) you can definitely watch without paying at nearby parking lots. Might be nuisance for nearby residents with all the parked cars though.
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24725 posts
199438 upvotes
GTA
Heard about it this morning - looks like it will be streamed at 680news.com and via the 680 news app.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16129 posts
21053 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote: Heard about it this morning - looks like it will be streamed at 680news.com and via the 680 news app.
Yes

"For the first time ever, the Canadian International Air Show is going to be streamed here, online at 680NEWS.com. It will also be streamed on the 680 NEWS app."

The Canadian International Air Show is coming to 680 NEWS
Destiny is all
Dec 21, 2012
393 posts
429 upvotes
Where would be the best place to watch it?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24357 posts
33342 upvotes
Toronto
Shutdown wrote: Where would be the best place to watch it?
CN tower or a friends rooftop.

Green P parking at Kensington Market has accessible rooftop

Another great place for us has been beach at Hanlans Point, Toronto Islands. Incredible views there as planes swoop by. Gets very crowded though if nice weather
Nov 14, 2014
595 posts
700 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Does CN tower have crowd limitations for Covid? When should we start to line up?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16129 posts
21053 upvotes
Toronto
whyami wrote: Does CN tower have crowd limitations for Covid? When should we start to line up?
They are only selling timed tickets to ensure physical distancing within the tower.

https://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/plan-your- ... ience.html

"To ensure physical distancing within the building, CN Tower admission will be limited to timed tickets only. Buying online in advance will allow you to better secure your desired date and time of visit. Guests can purchase tickets up to 30 days ahead of visiting. If you want to upgrade your ticket to access SkyPod, at 33 storeys higher than the observation level, this can be done onsite on the LookOut Level, pending availability. Your timed ticket offers general admission access to the LookOut Level only for a specific date and time.

Timed tickets are subject to availability. Elevation will be valid only for the date specified on the ticket within the entry time indicated. Please be sure to select the correct date, time and correct number of tickets before completing your purchase.

To ensure physical distancing, please do not arrive prior to your Entry Time. Specific arrival instructions will be included with your email confirmation."
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16129 posts
21053 upvotes
Toronto
Despite the cancellation of the CNE this year, the Canadian Internation Air Show took the skies over Toronto's lakefront with a special tribute to Capt. Jennifer Casey,who was killed in a plane crash last year.

Destiny is all
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24357 posts
33342 upvotes
Toronto
Ends today

Dear Insider,

Please see below for the Sunday September 5, 2021 Canadian International Air Show Schedule.

Flying starts at 12:10 PM.

Ornge AW-139
CF-18 Hornet
CC-130J Herc
Quicksilver P-51 Mustang
CT-156 Harvard II
USAF F- 35A
Gord Price - Yak 50
Canadian War Plane Heritage Museum PBY-5A Canso
CH-146 Griffon
Canadian Forces Snowbirds

Flying ends around 3:00 PM.