Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto Star DELIVERED- $1 per week (BUSINESS or Apartments!)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 11:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Dave25 wrote: I received the letter as well that it is going to $27. I called and cancelled.
No big loss. I read up to date news on the internet and by the time I get the paper it is yesterday's news.
I also hate their leftist editorials and huge amount of advertising.
Same here. Had it since mid 2008 for $1 per week. Called them to cancel.
$10 monthly is the max I was going to pay and they had nothing such. My dad who lives in an apartment is paying $2 per week, and he hasn't received any letter yet.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1864 posts
6078 upvotes
Toronto
I have paid $1 a week for home delivery since this offer (14 years!).

I received a letter dated May 31 notifying me of a price increase to $3.50 as of July 1 (my parents received the same letter.

I am wondering if there are others who still have this ($1 guaranteed for life) deal? Did you receive the May 31 letter?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3246 posts
1807 upvotes
gregv wrote: I have paid $1 a week for home delivery since this offer (14 years!).

I received a letter dated May 31 notifying me of a price increase to $3.50 as of July 1 (my parents received the same letter.

I am wondering if there are others who still have this ($1 guaranteed for life) deal? Did you receive the May 31 letter?
I wanted to chime in. I cancelled as they wouldn't budge.
Jun 15, 2001
552 posts
354 upvotes
T.O.
Not sure about others, but my Toronto Star subscription monthly rate was quietly jacked up to $37 and $43 (I have two accounts). I must admit that I did not really pay much attention to the monthly charge (on CC auto-renew). It wasn't until I had to call their customer service line (definitely outsourced), that I realized the new rate. I quickly cancelled and then resubscribed online using the Ryerson Alumni rate. New monthly rate is $23.

https://toriservices.newscyclecloud.com ... paign=Ryer
Apr 29, 2008
2 posts
toronto
Some thing just happened to me - noticed it on my credit card statement , went from $13 to $33 per month . Called in to ask for better rate - they did not budge , said I was already getting a good rate! I understand it is a business , but no notice was given and no loyalty value. Anyone with a discount code ? Tried the above poster’s link - but that was a sign on for digital and a poster ad - do I need a code to identify if calling in to subscribe or just mention ‘ryerson’? Thanks in advance
Jun 15, 2001
552 posts
354 upvotes
T.O.
The "Ryerson" discount mentioned on my original post above still works and is for the 7 day Star delivery (actual newspaper). Digital access and e-paper are also included.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)