Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Toronto Star

Free Star digital subscriptions for all post-secondary students across Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2019 1:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
You guys all realize your favourite deals site is owned the Torstar right? LOL
Aug 12, 2014
118 posts
228 upvotes
Surrey, BC
FYI from the small print:
Your continued access to the Star Digital Access after October 31, 2019 will require a paid subscription.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
So I registered with my university email address, how do I know I have an active / valid subscription? It doesn’t say anything under subscription.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
TheRealVinsanity wrote: great, going to use my old school e-mail.
People who went to school a while ago didn't have email...so what do they do?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26208 posts
39748 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: People who went to school a while ago didn't have email...so what do they do?
go back to school? tuition is free for seniors at some Canadian universities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Mar 5, 2013
496 posts
704 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP. Despite the obvious bias in their journalism, it's good to read across several new sources. Plus, can't beat not paying for it!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
shayne85 wrote: So I registered with my university email address, how do I know I have an active / valid subscription? It doesn’t say anything under subscription.
After I signed up and got the verification email, I had to go back to the sign up page and click "Subscribe for free", which took me to a page where I confirmed whether I was a student, faculty, or staff. Only then did it activate the subscription.

https://www.thestar.com/about/digital-a ... mo-70.html
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
sprung wrote: go back to school? tuition is free for seniors at some Canadian universities
Didn't know that tuition was free for seniors...Thx. for the free education!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 3, 2005
41 posts
30 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Downvoted. I have been reading Toronto Star stories for some time. I don't like the quality, in recent years. Even if the deal is free.
By downvoting, you are hindering others' ability to see this offer. It's one thing to have a negative opinion of the Star… but where do you get off preventing other RFD users, who would like to read it for free, to see the deal?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1378 upvotes
Blaq wrote: By downvoting, you are hindering others' ability to see this offer. It's one thing to have a negative opinion of the Star… but where do you get off preventing other RFD users, who would like to read it for free, to see the deal?

Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.