Ongoing Deal Discussion

Toronto Star

Toronto Star Digital Access $12 for 12 month. 92% off.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2021 11:51 am
Apr 29, 2020
76 posts
64 upvotes
I'm disappointed the Star removed it's WSJ access / combo

That was a great deal

Still subscribed. And this is a solid deal! New owners are doing interesting things, making hires, etc
Oct 14, 2021
3 posts
8 upvotes
Oakville
Many newspapers are free to download on pressreader app of you have a local library card and they subscribe.
Aug 31, 2003
784 posts
245 upvotes
White Rock, BC
solid deal, already have a subscription to G&M...not sure it's worth both
Oct 14, 2021
3 posts
8 upvotes
Oakville
Get Pressreader app and login with your local library card for free downloads of Star and most other papers. Sorry Globe & Mail not available for Toronto library card holders.
Dec 12, 2020
111 posts
48 upvotes
A bit off topic question, is there a way to get globe and mail for cheap?
Mar 16, 2007
158 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary
Is there a code to activate this? I'm currently at 4.99 a month and it won't let me change my subscription.
Apr 15, 2010
37 posts
9 upvotes
thanks for the sharing , finally I am able to read all the news.

by the way, if you need read Toronto star, get an Toronto public lib card you can read online free.
Aug 17, 2006
508 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
EpicProportions wrote: See if your library system has a subscription with PressReader, then you can access Star and other papers for free.
I had no idea!! Thank you kind sir or madam.
Nov 9, 2015
63 posts
90 upvotes
kiwi1234 wrote: Get Pressreader app and login with your local library card for free downloads of Star and most other papers. Sorry Globe & Mail not available for Toronto library card holders.
Does this give crossword access too?
Jan 6, 2016
45 posts
229 upvotes
The World is One Fam…
Feb30th wrote: Any idea when this offer expires? I'm currently subscribed @ $4 a month and it appears I can still sign up for this deal...

It doesn't let me subscribe to this deal now since I have an active subscription at the moment.
Why don't you try using another email address and cancel your current subscription?
Oct 14, 2021
3 posts
8 upvotes
Oakville
Stephen9o3 wrote:
Does this give crossword access too?
In theory if you screenshot and then print.
Mar 16, 2007
158 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary
Bonaduce wrote: Is there a code to activate this? I'm currently at 4.99 a month and it won't let me change my subscription.
Called in and they gave it to me - starting next month. Thanks OP.
Sep 30, 2001
28914 posts
8244 upvotes
Toronto
A reminder:
-Telling the world how much you hate the Star and their (real or imagined) political biases has nothing to do with the deal itself and will be removed. We have the Off-topic forum where you are free to express your opinions.
-Posts advocating methods for bypassing paywalls will also be removed.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10341 posts
3700 upvotes
Daf wrote: I'm going to make a post in group buys. But if anyone wants to split a subscription. Let me know. Maybe we can get 4 people in ?
Really?
Jan 30, 2006
79 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
been a Tor Star reader for many many years. just hard to read online, damn hard to read
Jan 7, 2020
26 posts
90 upvotes
Peakyblinder407 wrote: A bit off topic question, is there a way to get globe and mail for cheap?
The Globe offered a $99/annual subscription early last December, so keep your eye out for a sale (just around Black Friday).
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1032 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
olav61 wrote: The Globe offered a $99/annual subscription early last December, so keep your eye out for a sale (just around Black Friday).
The globe once a while has a 99 cent per week offer ( for 52 weeks).

Also, if you are signing up for the Star by PayPal, make sure you go into Paypal settings and remove the automatic payment option for the payment after the first year.
Feb 26, 2021
53 posts
324 upvotes
emale wrote: The globe once a while has a 99 cent per week offer ( for 52 weeks).

Also, if you are signing up for the Star by PayPal, make sure you go into Paypal settings and remove the automatic payment option for the payment after the first year.
Did you already remove the automatic payment option? Or should I do it closer to next year?