Careers

Toronto to Thunder Bay

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 2:59 pm
Jan 29, 2010
810 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Just wondering: what sorts of job requires these weird schedule?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2265 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: Just wondering: what sorts of job requires these weird schedule?
Oilfields but there are none in Ontario...
Nov 22, 2017
463 posts
244 upvotes
jillaryit wrote: Just wondering: what sorts of job requires these weird schedule?
Any sort of trade, mining, telecommunications, etc. OP I think it's pretty crazy to even attempt taking the bus from Thunder Bay to Toronto. Your best bet is to rent out a room there and stay for the duration of your term and maybe fly back once every month, maybe you can even ask them to have more work days instead of 5 straight days off so you don't get bored staying by yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9494 posts
720 upvotes
Mississauga
My wife is a Geologist. Gold Mines up north
RFD 41-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3275 posts
912 upvotes
Edmonton
What weird schedule? The only weird schedule I find is the Monday to Friday where you only get 2 days off a year (approx 104 days off per year).
Who signs up for this crappy schedule. I like my 200+ days off per year
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10472 posts
3162 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote: What weird schedule? The only weird schedule I find is the Monday to Friday where you only get 2 days off a year (approx 104 days off per year).
Who signs up for this crappy schedule. I like my 200+ days off per year
I agree. I personally hate mon-fri. Can't do crap since all other business are open when you work and closed when you aren't.

Shift work is the best. Also, a lot less annual days to take when going on holidays. I'm 5-5 and love it
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12537 posts
6423 upvotes
Toronto
Bus or plane.

It's a long drive especially in the winter.

I went to Uni there so I know it well.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2209 posts
1277 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote: That would have to be one hell of a good paying job for me to even consider that.
Unless it was double my current salary, there’s no way I’m going all the way up there.

OP from what you’ve stated, it’s either move there or don’t take the job. That sounds like a brutal situation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)