Travel

Toronto to Vancouver - best suggestions?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2010 8:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1968 posts
130 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada

Toronto to Vancouver - best suggestions?

Hey guys,

Me and my dad are considering on going to Vancouver this summer and I want to know which airline is the best one out there. In the past, there used to be airlines that offers destinations to domestic destinations. If I'm not mistaken, Sunwing and Skyservice used to do charter flights from Toronto to Vancouver.
When I first visited Vancouver back in 2002, I flew with SkyService. I have no idea when SkyService stopped flying from Toronto to Vancouver and focused on it's winter/summer destinations.

Sunwing for the time being, once offered domestic flights from Toronto, but the scheduling is very scarce.

I don't want to go to Buffalo and catch a flight to Seattle and then catch that connecting flight from Seattle to Vancouver.

Any suggestions?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1107 posts
321 upvotes
I would vote for Air Canada and Westjet to offer the best service. Air Canada has inflight entertainment while Westjet has satellite TV.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1768 posts
20 upvotes
I believe you have 2 choices. Green or Red. I like Red.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2005
3432 posts
38 upvotes
Coquitlam
Sunwing flies seasonal to Vancouver from Toronto.

At the moment, they are not flying to Vancouver, so I would patiently wait for it. It is January right now, there's still a lot of time to decide.

On the other hand, Air Canada and Westjet usually have one day sales that you can watch out for.

$149 one way would be a good price to book and sometimes Sunwing may offer prices as low as $99. During that time, it is very likely for Air Canada to match their price.

On your return route, if you do not have any checked luggage. You may consider using the Vancouver-Kamloops loophole via Toronto and Calgary on Westjet by booking on Orbitz. I believe the final price for that is around $120 USD.
Jun 5, 2009
40 posts
Kitchener
ha, that Orbitz loophole is great! I am going to use that the next time I go visit my parents for a few days. Anymore flight loopholes that you know of?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)