Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto (YYZ) - Beijing (PEK) $706 RT (Non-Stop Direct!!)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2014 11:19 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2805 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
any cheap flight from beijing to guanzhou?
Kijiji links aren't permitted in signatures. Only links to our BST forum.
Jun 8, 2008
706 posts
114 upvotes
IceBlueShoes wrote: They are NOT better than AC.
I took Hainan from Beijing to Brussels and can't say I would fly with them again.

Yes, I went economy so I wasn't expecting 5 star service, but when the FA's go MIA and only come around for service and seemed annoyed when other passengers asked for well not sure what since they spoke in Chinese, but also never came back when they promised they would, it leaves a lot to be desired.

The IFE wasn't working from the person beside me and there is very little as far as their English selection goes, but that's sort of to be expected given that about 80% of the people onboard were Chinese, hence more Chinese movies to pick from.

I would love to comment about the food (they had both Chinese and Western dishes) but they ran out of Western dishes for both services so I just had the sides.

But what made it worst was that there are no air vents. Yep, you want the basic vents you have to go to 1st class. Not even ryanair is THAT cheap! That was the icing on the cake... or the person who took off their socks and put their feet up near my head...

Pitch wasn't the greatest, but it's economy so I'm not exactly surprised by this.

So ya, I'd MUCH rather go on AC, which I know isn't perfect, but on the same trip I took AC from TO to Tokyo and it made it easier to compare and it was light years better... so buyer beware...just my experience...

As for the complaints, being greater on AC than Hainan, I would say it's likely to be because it's more so on an English language site than say a Chinese one? Just a thought....
actually, most of the planes in Asia don't have personal air vents - I flew Singapore Airlines (HKG--> SIN) and Asiana Airlines (HKG-->ICN x 2 RTs) (both of them are also 5 star rated airlines) and they didn't have vents in business class or economy- thats just the design of the planes in Asia for some reason - and both are WAY BETTER than AC in terms of service and seating.

Looking at your experience, ya that sucks. but i mean more often than not, i've complained about Air Canada a lot of times from many trips and taking everything into consideration - I would trust the average rating of Skytrax and trust it on this one.

BTW - its the new airplane people will be flying to and from - which makes this deal a great deal and should cast out that doubt about old planes and pitch and negative reviews because the new airplanes, i heard, are pretty good
Legen...wait for it...dary.
Sep 25, 2014
75 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ryantoy wrote: KC is correct, Hainan is 5-star rated by SkyTrax and has 4.5 rating from 100+ reviews:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/hainan.htm

As a comparison, Air Canada is 4-star and 3 rating:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_can.htm

Really...?

Of course if you good "Airline 'ABC' complaints" only complaints will come up...
Not ignoring (negative) reviews, but you have to look at all reviews (ie. take things with a grain of salt) - google any airline with 'complaints' in it and certainly something negative will come up. :P
How many reviews specifically discuss the flight from Toronto to China? If individual A had a good experience from Europe to China, is that to say that every passenger should have the same?

What is the 5 star rating based on? How is it weighted? http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanki ... system.htm

----> Look at the relative rating chart in the link above. Surely you'd expect a "credible" company such as Skytrax to be able to spell - ie: "Inflight Entertaimemt". How can we put any emphasis on these star ratings if the company isn't even able to provide us with proper spelling & formatting?

Here's a review from a fellow RFDer circa 2011: hainan-airlines-review-yyz-pek-can-hkg-997479/
Jul 27, 2014
242 posts
981 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Itachi888 wrote: How many reviews specifically discuss the flight from Toronto to China? If individual A had a good experience from Europe to China, is that to say that every passenger should have the same?

What is the 5 star rating based on? How is it weighted? http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanki ... system.htm

----> Look at the relative rating chart in the link above. Surely you'd expect a "credible" company such as Skytrax to be able to spell - ie: "Inflight Entertaimemt". How can we put any emphasis on these star ratings if the company isn't even able to provide us with proper spelling & formatting?

Here's a review from a fellow RFDer circa 2011: hainan-airlines-review-yyz-pek-can-hkg-997479/
I never said anywhere EVERYONE would have a 5*/A+ experience.
Simply pointed out (above): "Not ignoring (negative) reviews, but you have to look at all reviews (ie. take things with a grain of salt)".

Same thing, just because person A had a negative/poor experience on flight XYZ, does that mean everyone else will? No.

---

And (IMO) a circa-2011 review wouldn't really be relevant in this case, as it's 3 years old and already stated that these flights (on sale) are on the new 787s. :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6905 posts
5592 upvotes
my mom just got back from beijing flying hainan. their return flight was cancelled and they spent an extra day in beijing. the flight was cancelled likely because the plane was quite empty. For my mom, it was great because the airline paid for the extra night hotel and she is retired so no need to keep a schedule.

I'd say if your schedule is flexible it would be ok. Otherwise, I'd worry about having your flight randomly cancelled.
Jun 8, 2008
706 posts
114 upvotes
Itachi888 wrote: How many reviews specifically discuss the flight from Toronto to China? If individual A had a good experience from Europe to China, is that to say that every passenger should have the same?

If anyone can share their experience with the new 787's that would be great. Seems to me they were using older planes back then.

If the 787s are as good as I hear about them, this may be an actual good deal!
Jun 8, 2008
706 posts
114 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: my mom just got back from beijing flying hainan. their return flight was cancelled and they spent an extra day in beijing. the flight was cancelled likely because the plane was quite empty. For my mom, it was great because the airline paid for the extra night hotel and she is retired so no need to keep a schedule.

I'd say if your schedule is flexible it would be ok. Otherwise, I'd worry about having your flight randomly cancelled.
that sucks but thats great with the hotel, which is an improvement over the review where they had no hotel and the flight was cancelled. If Hainan actually (heard they might be) picks an alliance to go to, that should help decrease the likelihood of a cancellation - seems to me that is the problem right now.
Oct 15, 2012
158 posts
483 upvotes
TORONTO
mech9t5 wrote: my mom just got back from beijing flying hainan. their return flight was cancelled and they spent an extra day in beijing. the flight was cancelled likely because the plane was quite empty. For my mom, it was great because the airline paid for the extra night hotel and she is retired so no need to keep a schedule.

I highly doubt it, it could be due to the horrible weather condition in beijing and lots of other factors. Its really hard to say.
Sep 25, 2014
75 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ryantoy wrote: I never said anywhere EVERYONE would have a 5*/A+ experience.
Simply pointed out (above): "Not ignoring (negative) reviews, but you have to look at all reviews (ie. take things with a grain of salt)".

Same thing, just because person A had a negative/poor experience on flight XYZ, does that mean everyone else will? No.

---

And (IMO) a circa-2011 review wouldn't really be relevant in this case, as it's 3 years old and already stated that these flights (on sale) are on the new 787s. :)
In flight comfort is one thing, but we should consider these reviews of people having their flights cancelled/delayed (which seem substantial enough).
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
797 upvotes
ON
don't forget pay by paypal to get $20 back!
Feb 4, 2008
474 posts
28 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Toronto to Beijing - Return Flight - $706 All Inclusive

Deal got from YYZDEALS.com

Please go to the following page to book:

http://www.hainanairlines.com/CA/GB/Lim ... IGN_ID=175

There are limited deals from November 24, 2014 to November 25, 2014!
Unbelievable discounts at the moments of clicks!

From To Class Round Trip Flight Date
Toronto Beijing Economy 706 CAD (Including Tax) Departure date:
28NOV, 2014--09DEC, 2014
26DEC, 2014--30APR, 2015

Return date:
28NOV, 2014--26DEC, 2014
01FEB, 2015--30APR, 2015

Open Time:
Toronto Time (GMT-5) 24NOV 10:00 a.m. - 25NOV 10:00 a.m.

Tips:
1. Flights must be searched on this page
2. Flights must be booked between the times noted above

3. Limited deals fares only apply to the non-stop flights operated by Hainan Airlines
4. This promotion provided economy class. Seats are very limited for each of the promotion flight
5. Limited deals could not have the additional discount
6. As a member of Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club, always be sure to log in to the website before making a booking.
That way we will already have your personal information, so you won’t need to input it again.
7. If you have any questions regarding the promotion, please call +86-898-95339-5 for consultation.
8. Hainan Airlines has the final interpretation of authority

Restrictions:
Cabin ECONOMY Max Stay 3 MONTHS
Rebooking NOT PERMITTED Infant Discount NOT PERMITTED
Refund NOT PERMITTED Children Discount NOT PERMITTED
No-Show NOT PERMITTED Checked-In Baggage Allowance SUBJECTED TO SYSTEM
Open Return NOT PERMITTED Remark SEATS ARE LIMITED; TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES ARE INCLUDED. TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Min Stay NO RESTRICTION Endorsement NOT PERMITTED
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
484 upvotes
Vancouver
Now need some airmiles to get to Toronto!
Feb 4, 2008
474 posts
28 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Admins Please delete..

I was way way slow and late to post this :)
Banned
Oct 22, 2009
520 posts
490 upvotes
I DONT GET IT. I tried to do it during those dates that they have listed and during the return date that they have listed but its around $1000+ instead of $700 something
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
you get what you paid for, for $700 RT I bet you can't find a cheaper one on earth (except price errors)

you're probably looking to pay at least double of that flying with AC.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4832 posts
759 upvotes
koreancabbage wrote: actually, most of the planes in Asia don't have personal air vents - I flew Singapore Airlines (HKG--> SIN) and Asiana Airlines (HKG-->ICN x 2 RTs) (both of them are also 5 star rated airlines) and they didn't have vents in business class or economy- thats just the design of the planes in Asia for some reason - and both are WAY BETTER than AC in terms of service and seating.

Looking at your experience, ya that sucks. but i mean more often than not, i've complained about Air Canada a lot of times from many trips and taking everything into consideration - I would trust the average rating of Skytrax and trust it on this one.

BTW - its the new airplane people will be flying to and from - which makes this deal a great deal and should cast out that doubt about old planes and pitch and negative reviews because the new airplanes, i heard, are pretty good
Wasn't aware of the vents, but shocked especially since ghetto HK Express even had vents! Even Air Malaysian's 60min jaunt, had it!

As for me, the plane itself wasn't terrible (vents aside), but more so the service. Not sure what type of plane I took though.
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Told my retired pops about it. He's interested and has a thing for young asian women (I know it would be much cheaper to go to a spa in Markham/Scarborough) plus he's never been. Any decent but economical places to stay? He's thinking of going for at least 2 months.
Sep 25, 2014
75 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DrunkenStupor wrote: Told my retired pops about it. He's interested and has a thing for young asian women (I know it would be much cheaper to go to a spa in Markham/Scarborough) plus he's never been. Any decent but economical places to stay? He's thinking of going for at least 2 months.
Hmmm. He should go to Macau and try a Sauna experience. He'll have plenty of young asian women at his availability lol.

If you want to go budget, try using hostelworld.com. He'll likely find something suitable for his preference using asiarooms.com.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)