Expired Hot Deals

Toronto (YYZ) to Istanbul (IST), non-stop to Kiev (KVV), etc. January 2019 CAD 397

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 4:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6599 posts
2605 upvotes

Toronto (YYZ) to Istanbul (IST), non-stop to Kiev (KVV), etc. January 2019 CAD 397

Deal Link:
Price:
See YYZ Deals link above.

Was playing around with the destinations, and Minsk, Belarus also works for CAD 397 during Jan 2019.

On Secret Flying, there's a similar deal for NYC to IST/KVV and other Eastern Europe/Central Asian cities, so maybe they'll work for YYZ as well:
https://www.secretflying.com/posts/new- ... roundtrip/
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1939 posts
443 upvotes
Whitehorse
Please put the airline or alliance in the title.
Nov 23, 2017
892 posts
1779 upvotes
Lowest price I've ever seen to IST, paid $600 for June 2014 (with long layovers in CDG and AMS), haven't seen anything as low since.
Jan weather might be too cold.

Good deal for luxury goods shoppers though
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2037 posts
983 upvotes
Ottawa
coopercold wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 12:06 pm
With Ukraine International Airlines? Sorry, but that's not a deal. That's a recipe for torture.
TripAdvisor has a massive, hair-raising thread about UIA. If you're lucky, UIA will abandon you in a warmer city...
Jun 17, 2003
618 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
A bunch of cities I'd love to explore... but not in January.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1200 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
Bunyak wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 12:16 pm
TripAdvisor has a massive, hair-raising thread about UIA. If you're lucky, UIA will abandon you in a warmer city...
**** UIA...
I just did the YYZ - KBP - IST

Pro's the flight attendants are hot..
Con's
Old planes aka noiser...
For some reason from YYZ to KBP, they were playing bollywood films dubbed..
I had my tablet so it didn't matter
Food is blah
Seats uncomfortable...

On the way back.. had a 9 hour delay at the airport on top of a 3 hour layover....>!!
With no reason why.. bunch of *******..
Then the time kept changing, nobody would tell us.. anything..
We could have had a day to at least explore kiev... instead we were stuck in the airport

The way back... same old plane...
Drink cart came around... I had been up since 4am... I asked for a coke... they told me $1 Euro...
I was going to FLIP.. a **** 9 hour delay.. and I can't have pop of some sort...
This was a 10h 50 minute flight, after a 9 hour delay + a 3 hour layover.. and I HAVE TO PAY FOR POP??

Felt like I was flying the class below economy
Sep 15, 2013
689 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
GSpeed wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 1:52 pm
**** UIA...

Con's
Old planes aka noiser...
Food is blah
Seats uncomfortable...

On the way back.. had a 9 hour delay at the airport on top of a 3 hour layover....>!!
We could have had a day to at least explore kiev... instead we were stuck in the airport

Drink cart came around... I had been up since 4am... I asked for a coke... they told me $1 Euro...
I was going to FLIP.. a **** 9 hour delay.. and I can't have pop of some sort...
This was a 10h 50 minute flight, after a 9 hour delay + a 3 hour layover.. and I HAVE TO PAY FOR POP??

I thought I would have the same experience with Uzbekistan Airways, but it was surprisingly smooth. The plane was old, but there were no delays and my stopover in Uzbekistan was only 1hr 30min. Food was pretty good too. Maybe I got lucky.
Nov 1, 2015
456 posts
305 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Kyiv is beautiful in Feb. Jan is probably fine too.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1200 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
coopercold wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 3:20 pm
Awful, just awful.

Hope you have fun in Istanbul, though! I'm going there in a few weeks - my fourth visit to Turkey in four years. Can't wait!

Fortunately, I am not taking UIA. I recommend visiting Istanbul. I recommend against taking UIA, because it may leave you with some bad memories.
Next time Turkish Airlines.. but we were going during the high season and it was during there bayram "religious holiday" it was damn expensive to go with Turkish Airlines
We would have preferred to go "now" but we also had a wedding to attend...
Ever since that attack at Ataturk, Air Canada stopped going.. so Turkish Airlines has a monopoly :(
Hopefully when the new airport opens up.. they start flying.. open up some competition..
Except... it will take 40 mins to get to my house, instead of 10 :(

Have fun, enjoy our dollar :D
Exchange only $50-$100 at a time, you will be surprised how much it can change day-day
Jan 20, 2007
551 posts
349 upvotes
coopercold wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 3:20 pm
Awful, just awful.

Hope you have fun in Istanbul, though! I'm going there in a few weeks - my fourth visit to Turkey in four years. Can't wait!

Fortunately, I am not taking UIA. I recommend visiting Istanbul. I recommend against taking UIA, because it may leave you with some bad memories.
Are you speaking from personal experience or just the bad reviews online?

Still tempted to jump on this despite the bad reviews... Definitely can't fly to Istanbul for this price unless it's an error fare.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5362 posts
1553 upvotes
Aurora
GSpeed wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 1:52 pm
**** UIA...

Con's
Old planes aka noiser...
Food is blah
Seats uncomfortable...

I feel for you, having had way more than my share of horrible flight experiences. I honestly don't think economy exists anymore. Economy class is just a euphemism for F.U, class.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1784 posts
993 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
andjules wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 1:23 pm
A bunch of cities I'd love to explore... but not in January.
I heard hooking up there is just a crapshoot cause of all the big coats