Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Toronto Zoo

Toronto - Boxing Day At The Zoo – 50% OFF Zoo Admission!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2018 9:24 am
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - Boxing Day At The Zoo – 50% OFF Zoo Admission!

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
December 26, 2018
Retailer:
Toronto Zoo
http://www.torontozoo.com/Events/?pg=bo ... -12-26#evt

no discount for parking

Q - wouldn't it be too cold to go to the zoo? I didnt even know they were open in the winter

A - nah. just dress appropriately. I find that the animals are much more active in cooler weather.

if you do get really cold just pop into a pavilion . they're super warm.
Last edited by sprung on Dec 27th, 2018 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
19 replies
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
wouldn't it be too cold to go to the zoo? I didnt even know they were open in the winter
Feb 21, 2018
71 posts
32 upvotes
It is 50% off because half of the animals are stored away.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
The last place I would visit on boxing day, right next to the morgue.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Apr 25, 2011
359 posts
183 upvotes
Morgue would probably be warmer.
Jun 22, 2013
30 posts
67 upvotes
can u buy it online? I would consider it only if I can buy it online, cause I dont wanna wait up there. Last minute I checked, same price for online tickets, since u can not choose the dateeeeee.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes
Zoo is great in the winter

Just sucks bringing my camera/glasses from the cold outdoors to the warm pavilions lol
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6217 upvotes
Mississauga
BigJonsson wrote: Zoo is great in the winter

Just sucks bringing my camera/glasses from the cold outdoors to the warm pavilions lol
Can you elaborate on why it’s great? I’ve been planning to go for quite sometime now but don’t know if it makes in winter.
Jun 2, 2012
329 posts
319 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Probably because the lack of crowds? It’s almost like having the zoo to yourself. I like going during off season.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Can you elaborate on why it’s great? I’ve been planning to go for quite sometime now but don’t know if it makes in winter.
Not many people around
It's cold but you just go inside the very warm pavilions
Arctic animals can be pretty active
Most animals are still out
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
I went to the zoo in February once. Yep, it can be cold, but if you go on a decent day, it can be quite pleasant, and the pavilions are always nice and warm. Way less crowded than the summer. A good number of animals are off-exhibit though (basically the entire African Savannah section plus any other warm weather animals that live in outdoor enclosures), so take that into consideration.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
The zoo's pretty awesome in winter. Especailly when theres fresh snow, it looks really beautiful. It's also less crowded which is nice.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Aug 15, 2017
71 posts
43 upvotes
This sounds like a fun off-beat activity for the winter. Is it much more scaled down so less to see?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6111 posts
7132 upvotes
Whitby
Brrr... we got seasons pass so we will poke in and have a look. Never been there in winter. Alert animals... SOLD.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes
dyalect wrote: Brrr... we got seasons pass so we will poke in and have a look. Never been there in winter. Alert animals... SOLD.

Even staying in the pavilions with not many people around is worth it since you have a membership anyway
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6111 posts
7132 upvotes
Whitby
BigJonsson wrote: Even staying in the pavilions with not many people around is worth it since you have a membership anyway
My strategy will be to go on 27th after the hoarde. ;) I hate any type of crowds cashing in on a deal.

Another quick tip. If you are going to Ripleys aquarium with kids go in evening. Around the dinner hour. VERY quiet there.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1451 posts
811 upvotes
Torontario
For the polar bears, the top season is just starting :)
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12575 upvotes
Markham
If you guys like less crowded people and snow, just go to park on Boxing Day, quiet, free and beautiful
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
If you want free admission to a zoo today to see animals, just visit any big box store.
What's in your wallet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)