Expired Hot Deals

[Toronto Zoo] Toronto Zoo - Sept 21. 50% off admission. Must enter before 11:30AM

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2019 11:29 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18596 posts
17558 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Zoo - Sept 21. 50% off admission. Must enter before 11:30AM

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
September 21, 2019
Retailer:
Toronto Zoo
https://canadarunningseries.com/oasiszo ... -race-day/

Tell them you're there to watch/support the runners

Discounted admission tickets can be purchased on-site until 11:30am on the day of the run.

Why can’t the tickets be used after 11:30am on race day?

My family doesn’t want to wake up early to come with me for my race, but we would like to spend the afternoon at the Zoo.
The admission discount has been provided for many years to allow friends and family of ZooRun participants to watch their loved ones participate in and finish the race. After the race, we encourage all run participants to leisurely spend the rest of the day with friends and family at the Zoo. The Toronto Zoo is a big place and we ask our guests to plan on spending a full day at the Zoo to get all there is to experience.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
26 replies
Aug 22, 2013
31 posts
10 upvotes
You need a code to buy it, does anyone have one?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18596 posts
17558 upvotes
Toronto
williamsauga wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 10:51 am
how do you even... buy it?
MosesL wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 11:13 am
You need a code to buy it, does anyone have one?
Discounted admission tickets can be purchased on-site until 11:30am on the day of the run.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15950 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Sprung, your deals have been very clever lately. Thanks for thinking outside the box, this is great! Lol
RedFlagDeals addict
Feb 26, 2016
835 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan
i'm planning on buying an annual family membership and bringing my niece along with my kids. Does anyone know if they check IDs? I called and they say that the kids have to be in the same household.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1342 posts
186 upvotes
otaknap wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 12:09 pm
i'm planning on buying an annual family membership and bringing my niece along with my kids. Does anyone know if they check IDs? I called and they say that the kids have to be in the same household.
They check ID of the adults on the membership, but they do not for the kids. I've taken friends' kids into the zoo many times
Feb 26, 2016
835 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan
ShinNoodles wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 12:27 pm
They check ID of the adults on the membership, but they do not for the kids. I've taken friends' kids into the zoo many times
so they won't question even if they don't look like my niece doesn't look like my kid? haha.

To be clear, the membership is only issued to the two adults and the kids are not named?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1342 posts
186 upvotes
otaknap wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 12:32 pm
so they won't question even if they don't look like my niece doesn't look like my kid? haha.

To be clear, the membership is only issued to the two adults and the kids are not named?
Anecdotally, yes, I've been able to go in with kids that look nothing like me... who's to say they aren't adopted kids, right?
Only the adults are named on the membership card. They'll ask for a piece of government id to validate when you enter.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1342 posts
186 upvotes
otaknap wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 12:09 pm
Don't forget to buy a parking pass as well. I think it's still $50 for the year. You'll make up that cost in 5 trips since it's $12 each time.
Sep 23, 2010
273 posts
315 upvotes
T Dot
I wouldn't recommend going during the run if you don't have to (of course you'll miss out on the 50%)
We've done the zoo run the past few years and have learned a few things:

1. Parking is full, very early on. There's prob at least 4k+ runners all starting between 8-10 and quite a few runners stay. We were pleasantly surprised last year when we got there for the 5k around 9ish that we didn't have to park on the grass in previous years. We actually made it into the paved parking lot! This is something to keep in mind if people have mobility issues. Plus you have inconsiderate people who park in the driveways and aisles (a la pre-xmas/boxing day at the malls) simply because they can't be bothered to find an actual spot. This makes parking even more interesting.
  2. The run itself winds all through the zoo, including areas for regular visitors. Some areas are simply inaccessible until after the race is over. Other areas you'll need to follow course marshalls/volunteers instructions to cross a path or you just have to wait for a gap and cross yourself, frogger-style.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1342 posts
186 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 3:29 pm
I wouldn't recommend going during the run if you don't have to (of course you'll miss out on the 50%)
We've done the zoo run the past few years and have learned a few things:

1. Parking is full, very early on. There's prob at least 4k+ runners all starting between 8-10 and quite a few runners stay. We were pleasantly surprised last year when we got there for the 5k around 9ish that we didn't have to park on the grass in previous years. We actually made it into the paved parking lot! This is something to keep in mind if people have mobility issues. Plus you have inconsiderate people who park in the driveways and aisles (a la pre-xmas/boxing day at the malls) simply because they can't be bothered to find an actual spot. This makes parking even more interesting.
  2. The run itself winds all through the zoo, including areas for regular visitors. Some areas are simply inaccessible until after the race is over. Other areas you'll need to follow course marshalls/volunteers instructions to cross a path or you just have to wait for a gap and cross yourself, frogger-style.
Another cheap way to get into the zoo is to look for discounts through sites like Groupon. 30% off is pretty common. Not just on day pass, but on annual memberships as well. Also, October is typically member appreciation month. Each named zoo member can bring a guest into the zoo for free; 1 free guest per member per day. IMO, spring and fall are the best times to go to the zoo anyway. When the weather is cooler, the animals come out from hiding compare to hot, sunny days when they like to just lie in the shade.
Jun 19, 2019
558 posts
335 upvotes
"Centre of the …
timothyli988750 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2019 12:02 pm
It's going to be a zoo in there
And Jungle outside!

ʇɔɐ ʎɹɐuoıʇnloʌəɹ ɐ səɯoɔəq ɥʇnɹʇ əɥʇ buılləʇ 'ʇıəɔəp lɐsɹəʌıun ɟo səɯıʇ buıɹnp
13 Horror Films $20 or Free if you Don't Fall Asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Poutine Eating Championship Sat Oct 19 TO. Free Poutine Monster Bevs Kraft D.