Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
450 posts
35 upvotes
GTA

Toronto's gas predictions website?

Hi - does any one know what happened to the website that shows gas price predictions for 2,3 and 5 days? I had it bookmarked (tomorrowsgaspricetoday.com), and the website changed. Can't find it anywhere.

All searches lead back to gasbuddy.com but that's not the website I was at before ....

Thanks.
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
31 replies
Jun 8, 2010
203 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
On their FB page, TGPT states that it will (did) shutdown on May 30. It endorses and automatically forwards users to GasBuddy.com, but that website does not have price predictions. I don't know of any website that does. Too bad, TGPT will be missed.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2722 posts
133 upvotes
Calgary
with gasbuddy, People reports wrong (lower gas price) to lure you to go there
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
24159 posts
5827 upvotes
where I belong
scholar80 wrote: On their FB page, TGPT states that it will (did) shutdown on May 30. It endorses and automatically forwards users to GasBuddy.com, but that website does not have price predictions. I don't know of any website that does. Too bad, TGPT will be missed.
Oh no
How do we beat the gas game now....
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16093 posts
4584 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16093 posts
4584 upvotes
Markham
estrange TGPT still doing update on their face book https://www.facebook.com/tomorrowsgaspricetoday/
but doesn't mention price
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20146 posts
7433 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I miss this website as well, wonder why it shut down
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
[OP]
Mar 27, 2013
450 posts
35 upvotes
GTA
scholar80 wrote: On their FB page, TGPT states that it will (did) shutdown on May 30. It endorses and automatically forwards users to GasBuddy.com, but that website does not have price predictions. I don't know of any website that does. Too bad, TGPT will be missed.
Thanks, I don't go on FB so I didn't know. Yes, the previous website was my favorite :(
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16745 posts
3906 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a gas tip for everyone:
Go to a Pioneer gas station because they've chosen to be at least 3 cents less than everyone else.
OR
Go to the Esso (with On the run) gas station that is the closest to a Pioneer gas station.
You'll get Esso gas for between 3-5 cents less than any other Esso gas station because they chose to compete with Pioneer's gas prices. (most likely the same price as the Pioneer station, great if Esso gas is preferred)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28925 posts
9422 upvotes
You can easily predict your own gas prices. Drive around at different times of the day and note the gas prices, know the areas closest to you where gas is cheaper.

First off, certain areas of the GTA always have lower gas prices (like 4-8c cheaper!) than anywhere else. A certain area of Oshawa for example, north western Brampton another. There are probably others. Not sure why but always cheaper in those "special" areas--maybe politicians of petroleum execs live there? lol

Gas prices are typically 2-3c cheaper at night--like 11pm-4am, in my area anyway.

Certain days of the week always have cheaper gas prices. Again in my area it's usually Thursdays.

Combine your above observations. For where I live it comes down to either getting gas on Thursday nights after 11 or so, or driving 20 minutes to the other side of Brampton (usually I go with the former unless I have to go the other way for other reasons).
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
519 upvotes
Mississauga
kocoman wrote: with gasbuddy, People reports wrong (lower gas price) to lure you to go there
Never in my life
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28925 posts
9422 upvotes
kocoman wrote: with gasbuddy, People reports wrong (lower gas price) to lure you to go there
LOL what? What would that get them? (I.e. what benefit would it give someone to do something like that?) Are these shills for a gas station or something? Because the demand for gasoline is so straight-line, there's really little to be gained in doing something like that. The vast majority of people don't go to gas stations based on what's 2-3c cheaper. Some people do, sure, but most just go to what's convenient or whatever happens to be close by when their vehicle is near empty. There's really not much business to be gained by spoofing numbers on gasbuddy, and basically all it takes is someone else updating after the alleged "fake price" is listed to change it.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4339 posts
1824 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: You can easily predict your own gas prices. Drive around at different times of the day and note the gas prices, know the areas closest to you where gas is cheaper.

First off, certain areas of the GTA always have lower gas prices (like 4-8c cheaper!) than anywhere else. A certain area of Oshawa for example, north western Brampton another. There are probably others. Not sure why but always cheaper in those "special" areas--maybe politicians of petroleum execs live there? lol

Gas prices are typically 2-3c cheaper at night--like 11pm-4am, in my area anyway.

Certain days of the week always have cheaper gas prices. Again in my area it's usually Thursdays.

Combine your above observations. For where I live it comes down to either getting gas on Thursday nights after 11 or so, or driving 20 minutes to the other side of Brampton (usually I go with the former unless I have to go the other way for other reasons).
I did no understand all your strategy, so let me ask you... are you sayin' that you would "drive around at different times of the day" and then drive 20 minutes just to get cheaper gas?

It sounds like you are putting too much time, effort, and fuel into this! Are you actually saving anything?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
573 upvotes
motomondo wrote: I did no understand all your strategy, so let me ask you... are you sayin' that you would "drive around at different times of the day" and then drive 20 minutes just to get cheaper gas?

It sounds like you are putting too much time, effort, and fuel into this! Are you actually saving anything?
i mean one would typically drive around their neighborhood at different times of the day in regular day to day life anyway.

you can note the gas prices while doing other things, you dont need to literally go out driving around town for a month tracking gas stations.

To another poster, why would they fake gasbuddy? because they can, and its not updated as frequently as you would think. i get burned alot locally. with 5 gas stations in walking distance they all fk around it seems.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14847 posts
3821 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I understand Tomorrow gas prices today merged with Gas buddy. However since the sites merged I can't find the tomorrow gas price prediction section on Gas buddy's website. Anyone got a link?