1823 posts
1198 upvotes

AMEX Gift Card for Hotel Stays

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 1, 2023
Retailer:
Tourism Richmond, BC
Receive an AMEX gift card valued between $75-125 for a one night stay when booking with the website, and for additional $50 for every night thereafter (max 3 nights)

Stay must be between January 11 – March 12, 2023. Booking must be made by March 1, 2023. Guests will receive one AMEX gift offer per booking (not per night).

"You may choose to use your gift card towards your hotel room expense upon check-in. If you do not choose to use your gift card towards your hotel room expense, you must pay for your hotel room(s) in full prior to receiving your gift card. Please note ID must match hotel booking."

T&C: https://www.visitrichmondbc.com/hotel-o ... onditions/
30 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1823 posts
1198 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Please hold off on booking right now. The booking site is experiencing a technical issue. The offer rates are not yet active.

I will update this post once the issue is resolved.
You work for them ...?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1703 posts
3244 upvotes
Vancouver
cahk wrote: You work for them ...?
I help manage the hotel bookings for this particular offer. This is my personal account - I am not here in any official capacity. However, I will stay around to help answer questions.

For any inquiries containing any personal data (booking cancellations, date changes) please reach Tourism Richmond team through the contact form https://www.visitrichmondbc.com/contact-us/
Mar 6, 2019
296 posts
405 upvotes
When does this become active? i was actually looking for some rooms at RR Richmond but it doesn't seem as the AMEX promo is being applied or mentioned anywhere when booking.
Jul 31, 2021
152 posts
400 upvotes
Nice, I'll bookmark this deal. Might visit Vancouver from the Island to take my kid to the Zoo and wife to iKea sometime in march if we get a nice sunny weekend.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1703 posts
3244 upvotes
Vancouver
yesdeals wrote: When does this become active? i was actually looking for some rooms at RR Richmond but it doesn't seem as the AMEX promo is being applied or mentioned anywhere when booking.
Please check back here tonight. The programming team is working on it. I will update post #2 once the offer is live
Last edited by soymilkslam on Jan 11th, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 22, 2009
149 posts
207 upvotes
Don’t bring her to the check in counter if you know what I mean.
Sep 14, 2010
32 posts
13 upvotes
Whitby
awww, planning to go there in April and May....
Aug 2, 2010
86 posts
153 upvotes
Dang I booked already, will have to cancel and rebook I guess.
Aug 5, 2010
265 posts
378 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chongb wrote: Don’t bring her to the check in counter if you know what I mean.
I mean... which App do you use? Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3454 posts
3027 upvotes
GVRD
I grew up here, this town has its charm that I couldn't imagine living anywhere else in Vancouver.

If you need some local directions, I can definitely offer some suggestions.
Jul 30, 2010
462 posts
191 upvotes
Woodbridge
They got one of these for Whistler by any chance? Im going for a boarding trip in two weeks.

Also anyone reading these that knows any discounts/tips? thank you in advance
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3454 posts
3027 upvotes
GVRD
mark_98 wrote: They got one of these for Whistler by any chance? Im going for a boarding trip in two weeks.

Whistler is a tourist spot, winter is the peak time and hotel alone is like $250-$300 a night on avg; they rarely have huge discounts. I can only think of Costco may carry some prepaid tickets but that's hugely YMMV because it's not always available.
Jun 9, 2022
65 posts
54 upvotes
mark_98 wrote: They got one of these for Whistler by any chance? Im going for a boarding trip in two weeks.

Take the Skylynx to Whistler direct from YVR airport!
Apr 18, 2017
697 posts
701 upvotes
Nanaimo
panditji wrote: Nice, I'll bookmark this deal. Might visit Vancouver from the Island to take my kid to the Zoo and wife to iKea sometime in march if we get a nice sunny weekend.
Ironically...Ikea is also a zoo...
Feb 1, 2008
861 posts
96 upvotes
If im reading this correctly, does this mean i need to make a separate booking each night, for a max of 3 nights?

Might give it a try for a short trip to BC.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3454 posts
3027 upvotes
GVRD
yesdeals wrote: might as well visit costco too for the trifecta lol
Places I would avoid on the weekend:

- Costco
- Ikea
- Hazelbridge/No.3/Cambie/Alderbridge area

In terms of eateries, there are a few spots in various food court are exceedingly good and reasonably priced.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1703 posts
3244 upvotes
Vancouver
dubjk wrote: If im reading this correctly, does this mean i need to make a separate booking each night, for a max of 3 nights?

Might give it a try for a short trip to BC.
No, you can make up to three separate bookings each with up to three nights.

If you make multiple single night bookings that are consecutive, they will be treated as a single multi night booking for the purpose of calculating your eligible gift cards. Plus you will be flagged as reaching the maximum three booking limit for this offer.