Towns at Bayview/Elgin Mills

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2020 11:57 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 19, 2017
19 posts

Towns at Bayview/Elgin Mills

The developer is Sequoia Grove Homes. Anyone have an opinion on the back to back towns?
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7348 posts
5303 upvotes
Toronto
b2b is quite common now. Not much to say except that you are sharing the back wall as well, not just side walls.
There is obvious downside to that. But you buy what you can afford, or you buy further away.
Full-time Realtor
[OP]
Jun 19, 2017
19 posts
What do you think as an investment? Is the price good or do you think there’s better projects for the same price?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18702 posts
16909 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
oasis100 wrote: b2b is quite common now. Not much to say except that you are sharing the back wall as well, not just side walls.
There is obvious downside to that. But you buy what you can afford, or you buy further away.
Just waiting for the day B2B hits $1M. It will happen.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7348 posts
5303 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: Just waiting for the day B2B hits $1M. It will happen.
b2b at Union Village sold for 800k.. and sold out.
so yea its possible!
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2201 posts
1521 upvotes
GTA
DianaN007222 wrote: The developer is Sequoia Grove Homes. Anyone have an opinion on the back to back towns?
Wow!! Now b2b townhomes. Builders are really maximizing output.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18702 posts
16909 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
oasis100 wrote: b2b at Union Village sold for 800k.. and sold out.
so yea its possible!
Dunpar has some B2Bs in Etobicoke going for $1M...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1020 posts
1459 upvotes
I really dont understand the appeal of b2b stacked townhomes. What is the point of buying a townhouse with no backyards, no driveway, no private walls, and no garage? Imo, b2b stacked townhomes are closer to low rise condos, except you dont have the convenience of garbage chute, elevator, indoor access to parking, better security, and most importantly, a better location with amenities and public transit.

That being said, if you are going to buy a b2b townhouse, I would recommend at least a 3 bedroom and 2.5 washroom. Dont buy a 2 bedroom.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18702 posts
16909 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Newuserid wrote: I really dont understand the appeal of b2b stacked townhomes. What is the point of buying a townhouse with no backyards, no driveway, no private walls, and no garage? Imo, b2b stacked townhomes are closer to low rise condos, except you dont have the convenience of garbage chute, elevator, indoor access to parking, better security, and most importantly, a better location with amenities and public transit.

That being said, if you are going to buy a b2b townhouse, I would recommend at least a 3 bedroom and 2.5 washroom. Don't buy a 2 bedroom.
I see the appeal. They are for people who want something more than a condo. So you can get a 1300 sqft b2b with an outdoor space for $700K. Equivalent of that in a condo is way more than $1M and the condo life is not appealing to a lot of people.

Backyard, front lawn, driveway to me = more work, more time spent doing housework.

I don't really like these kinds of houses personally as you're connected to do many people and some of the units are not livable IMO. I'd hate to have a basement unit. I do understand the appeal though. For a young couple or single person, I don't see an issue with a 2 bed townhosue.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12360 posts
11249 upvotes
B2B towns 3 beds, 2 baths in Caledon now hitting close to 700k... they were something like 550k back in the Fall of 2018.

So no doubt towns in Toronto and such should hit 1 mil eventually.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7348 posts
5303 upvotes
Toronto
b2b downtown already over 1m
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4172 posts
983 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: ...
Backyard, front lawn, driveway to me = more work, more time spent doing housework.

I don't really like these kinds of houses personally as you're connected to do many people and some of the units are not livable IMO...
I agree on both points. But I'd rather have to do the work than live in such a dense area where you have to hope to get lucky that your neighbours are good.